WiFi 6 Router suggestions

Sorry, missed seeing that there's an ethernet backhaul. But if he's got an ethernet backhaul, why does he need mesh at all? It'll be cheaper and simpler to just use a repeaters or an AP system. Especially since it doesn't seem like a particularly huge area.

Last edited:
Sorry, missed seeing that there's an ethernet backhaul. But if he's got an ethernet backhaul, why does he need mesh at all? It'll be cheaper and simpler to just use a repeater. Especially since it doesn't seem like a particularly huge area.

Agree.

A repeater which allows wired connection to router.
Or routers which can be configured as Wired Access Points - which comes to the same thing.

The only advantage to a mesh is that it provides 1 SSID across all the points and does a seamless handoff as you move from room to room.
You dont need to worry about WiFI channels interfering with each other as the Mesh software manages all of that automatically.

Agree.

A repeater which allows wired connection to router.
Or routers which can be configured as Wired Access Points - which comes to the same thing.

The only advantage to a mesh is that it provides 1 SSID across all the points and does a seamless handoff as you move from room to room.
You dont need to worry about WiFI channels interfering with each other as the Mesh software manages all of that automatically.
Just added the AP system option, and realized you had already said it :)
Also, I think APs from the same mfr do allow seamless roaming using the same ssid.
And iirc, an AP system is likely to have more bandwidth and less conflict than a mesh system. But I maybe wrong.

Just added the AP system option, and realized you had already said it :)
Also, I think APs from the same mfr do allow seamless roaming using the same ssid.
And iirc, an AP system is likely to have more bandwidth and less conflict than a mesh system. But I maybe wrong.

I have set my home up that way - wired APs in every room with the same SSID.
However, to avoid WiFi channel conflict, I have configured every AP to a different set of WiFi channels.
It works really well, but requires a lot of manual configuration.

A mesh system with a wired backend does the same thing in an automated way.

I am not advocating buying a mesh system - they are really expensive.

Asus routers have an option to work together as a mesh - which is a very low cost way to setup a mesh network.
Even their inexpensive routers have this option.

Have a look at these :

There are a lot of You tube videos which explain how to do it.

Choose the routers first. Many (including me) have reccomended Asus for this sort of setup.

For example :

1. An inexpensive one would be the Asus RT-AC59U @ Rs 5K

Its a gigabit dual band router with Asus AImesh tech built in - ie you can connect several of them and setup your own mesh.

2. A top of the line one would be the Asus RT-AX6100 @ Rs 21K

Its a Wifi6 triband router and also has AImesh tech.

My view :
- the key really is the lan cabling which you have already done
- now you do not need to spend on really expensive routers, just put several cheaper ones and you will get better performance
- buy 1 RT-AC59U router for each room. connect them with the lan cabling.
- setup the one which connects to your ISP as a router and the rest as WAPs
- turn on AI Mesh

You will have seamless coverage throughout your house.

Search youtube for instructions on setting up AI mesh for the actual Asus router model that you buy.
Thank you for info i think it works

I have set my home up that way - wired APs in every room with the same SSID.
However, to avoid WiFi channel conflict, I have configured every AP to a different set of WiFi channels.
It works really well, but requires a lot of manual configuration.

A mesh system with a wired backend does the same thing in an automated way.

I am not advocating buying a mesh system - they are really expensive.

Asus routers have an option to work together as a mesh - which is a very low cost way to setup a mesh network.
Even their inexpensive routers have this option.

Have a look at these :

Will check on AI mesh

So With Asus AI mesh , no need to switch wifi channels when we move from one room to another room. Please correct my understanding if wrong

So With Asus AI mesh , no need to switch wifi channels when we move from one room to another room. Please correct my understanding if wrong

In a device which connects to WiFi, there is no option to choose a WiFi channel.
You can only choose an SSID.

With mesh systems, you will have one SSID for the entire network.

So no need to change to another SSID.

I think maybe my responses have been a little confusing.

When you try to connect to a WiFi network, the list of network names that you see are SSIDs.

Lile this :
1655359270774.png

WiFi channels are what frequencies the router uses to broadcast.

This is invariably set to "Auto" on almost all routers.

The problem is, if you have more than 1 router in a house, they may be broadcasting on the same channel, and that creates a performance impact.

An example of a router interface for choosing a channel :

1655359532904.png

Hope this helps clarify.

I think maybe my responses have been a little confusing.

When you try to connect to a WiFi network, the list of network names that you see are SSIDs.

Lile this :
View attachment 70091

WiFi channels are what frequencies the router uses to broadcast.

This is invariably set to "Auto" on almost all routers.

The problem is, if you have more than 1 router in a house, they may be broadcasting on the same channel, and that creates a performance impact.

An example of a router interface for choosing a channel :

View attachment 70092

Hope this helps clarify.
Understood thank you

Seems two Asus RT-AC59U solves my problem. It is ac1500 so is there any little better model please suggest.

As of now decided buy two AC59 u

Go ahead. That should be fine.
Sir, reviews are little bad about this router on Amazon Shall i buy without thinking much. Or suggest me little better model.

I don't have much knowledge on these. Current i am using tplink ac20 basic 100 Mbps router. Hope u understand

Sir, reviews are little bad about this router on Amazon Shall i buy without thinking much. Or suggest me little better model.

I don't have much knowledge on these. Current i am using tplink ac20 basic 100 Mbps router. Hope u understand

Hi.
I am personally using these routers at home, and I have never had a problem.
They are quite powerful.

If you want something newer, you can consider the Asus RT-AX55

However, I have no personal experience with this model.

There are many in-depth router reviews on the internet.
Research the model that you are considering to buy.
Dont just depend on Amazon reviews.

Hi.
I am personally using these routers at home, and I have never had a problem.
They are quite powerful.

If you want something newer, you can consider the Asus RT-AX55

However, I have no personal experience with this model.

There are many in-depth router reviews on the internet.
Research the model that you are considering to buy.
Dont just depend on Amazon reviews.
If your are using then i will go with them thank you somuch for prompt response

I have connected 2 routers using Aimesh wifi mode. Full house covering with 5G 60 MBPS.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and support

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back