Wifi Extender or Add Another Router

Also there are some video on YouTube u can use yr old router as extender unfortunately I didn't have one so had to buy wifi extender.

HI Guys,

Currently am using the ACT fibernet with TP Link C5 as router and my flat is 1600sqft . router placed in my drawing area . there is no signal or less signal strength in balcony. cant install physical wiring for now . Is there anyway to cover all WIFI dead spots.

what all the options to consider.
You could look at a Mesh Network setup. I'm not a technical guy, so I can't describe it too well, but basically, a mesh network setup comes with one Mesh Router and one or more Mesh Access points. It works in such a way that the router and the access point will offer the full speed 9and not half speed at the AP like a regular Router + AP does). The system also dynamically lets your devices connect between each other as you move around the house. You can add more mesh access points as per your requirement.

The ones with dual band are the basic ones, and apparently they reserve the 5Ghz band for communication between the router and AP, so only the 2.4Ghz band will be available for your devices. The triband Mesh routers are more expensive, but they tend to be faster, because they reserve the 6ghz band for backhaul (data transfer between the router and APs) , so both the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands are available to your devices. But the tri-band Mesh network systems tend to be pricier.

TP Link has a nice option, and the Netgear Orbi units are considered really good.

TP Link

Small Netgear Orbi

Least expensive Tri-Band system I could find (Netgear Orbi)

Basically, you would be hooking up a Mesh Router via ethernet to your Fiber Modem, and then placing one or more access points at the spots where the signal dips currently. Going by product descriptions I've seen, for a 1600 sq ft Apartment, you're only likely to need a Mesh Router + single AP package.

Someone with a background in networking could explain this better: My knowledge is based on a non-tech person's reading on forums and explainers, looking at product listings, and trying to understand downloaded manuals, heh heh.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back