WiFi routers and other networking gear for televisions

ASUS RT-AC86U selling for ~12k on both flipkart and Amazon after CC discount. I’ve never seen it sell this low before. Grab this if you have the budget. Very feature rich (with merlin fw) and it‘ll easily last for 4-5 years.
Not that great of a price TBH. Even if you want an Asus router only, you can get RT-AX3000 for a similar price without any discounts.

Paying over 5-6k now for a WiFi 5/AC router is not worth it with WiFi 6 and 6E tech available now. Even cheap WiFi 6 routers will fight congestion and multiple devices significantly better than expensive WiFi 5 ones because of how OFDMA works. And 6E is a whole another level with over 1300 MHz of uncontested bandwidth.

Might I suggest jumping away from all these and get a Mikrotik hexE or HapAC2 - they'are pro class, consumer priced and blow these consumer routers out of the water.

Might I suggest jumping away from all these and get a Mikrotik hexE or HapAC2 - they'are pro class, consumer priced and blow these consumer routers out of the water.
Actually, if you're spending 10k+, you might as well go for a non-AP Unifi router and get access point separately. That will destroy any router + AP device.

That's what I'm planning. Even the Unifi dream machine pro only costs $379 and that's an amazing enterprise-grade router + switch. Then you can get their access points at $99 each which aren't that expensive and are hella fast.

Actually, if you're spending 10k+, you might as well go for a non-AP Unifi router and get access point separately. That will destroy any router + AP device.

That's what I'm planning. Even the Unifi dream machine pro only costs $379 and that's an amazing enterprise-grade router + switch. Then you can get their access points at $99 each which aren't that expensive and are hella fast.
I've done around 2-3 years of on & off reading on forums & threads full of Networking Pros listing the Pros & Cons & MIXING MATCHING of
Mikrotik + Ubiquity.

You'll be astonished, as I was - to how inexpensive and how brilliant is the WIRED networking & Granular Network control of Mikrotik.

Mktk HexE & variants is what 7 star (ISP) uses all over to manage their network.

UniFi APs are better than Mktk APs, but the price is way more.. so Ive invested in Wired Mktk as controllers and some TP-link routers as child APs.

I have a ProCurve 24 GiGE Switch (link of Home Network below) with CAT6 cabling in walls - since before Ambanis Antilla was made.

I am going to wait for Wireless to reach its major culmination point before throwing money on UniFi APs.

For the price of a Dream Machine I can get half a dozen GigE HexEs.

I've done around 2-3 years of on & off reading on forums & threads full of Networking Pros listing the Pros & Cons & MIXING MATCHING of
Mikrotik + Ubiquity.

You'll be astonished, as I was - to how inexpensive and how brilliant is the WIRED networking & Granular Network control of Mikrotik.

Mktk HexE & variants is what 7 star (ISP) uses all over to manage their network.

UniFi APs are better than Mktk APs, but the price is way more.. so Ive invested in Wired Mktk as controllers and some TP-link routers as child APs.

I have a ProCurve 24 GiGE Switch (link of Home Network below) with CAT6 cabling in walls - since before Ambanis Antilla was made.

I am going to wait for Wireless to reach its major culmination point before throwing money on UniFi APs.

For the price of a Dream Machine I can get half a dozen GigE HexEs.
Damn, that's an epic setup. I'm looking to build a pretty good home networking setup over the next year or two but haven't researched enough. I switch houses and cities on a 1-2 year basis and mostly rent out so can't have something as hard-lined as you as I won't be buying a house in the next 15 years or so.

I can't find the hexE anywhere though on their website. Got a link to that?

Damn, that's an epic setup. I'm looking to build a pretty good home networking setup over the next year or two but haven't researched enough.
I have - or atleast had back then and fought with my dad to get CAT 6 cabling drops thru the place - 2013-14-15 time frame.
Unheard of in homes in India - typically corporate / offices.

Yeah I could see the future coming ahead. This was before Antilla was even heard of - Started 2016.

I got into XBMC now Kodi in 2007/8 and bought a GigE ProCurve 24 with SFP (It was the most expensive Enterprise class managed Switch under 400/500$) But it had Lifetime global coverage- I could've got another brand for half but did not.

Because this was not Stop Gap. It was FINAL.
I switch houses and cities on a 1-2 year basis and mostly rent out so can't have something as hard-lined as you as
And this I can relate to as I've been moving all over the US :D So I don't throw money until I can CARRY or UTILIZE the $.
But you can definitely get a Mktk & some GigE switches with CAT6
I won't be buying a house in the next 15 years or so.
I might be in the same boat. Hence, I am pushing the Fancy Monitor SPEND out to 2022 maybe. Hence the Stop Gap IPS.
I can't find the hexE anywhere though on their website. Got a link to that?
Best pricing globally - unless you find India local stock - India inventory here is something Im not clear on.

https://www.eurodk.com/en/products/routers - My spelling naming was a bit off - They have several Hex Variants on same MoBo.

HAP AC2 is there Hex variant with WiFi.
There's ones with POE, GigE, SFP and also HexLite with 10/100.

But brilliant Router OS control at level of Enterprise.

Pricing was shocking to me - seriously. Sells at consumer level prices. The more I read about Mikrotik devices used by small ISPs & WISPs the more I am wondering wow.

TBH - The amount of time & energy I spent messing around with Tomato and DD WRT & trying to find good priced compatible routers.. when my last one conked I was baffled but curious and now glad.. to have found Mikrotik.

Its a bit tech in terms of learning curve but dang! its powerful.

Is this the one being discussed?
Yes - details above in previous post
Currently i have ASUS RT56U with merlin, how it compares to the Mikrotik?
I have no idea - But Small Net Builder forums had folks who can report maybe.
But brilliant Router OS control at level of Enterprise.

Pricing was shocking to me - seriously. Sells at consumer level prices. The more I read about Mikrotik devices used by small ISPs & WISPs the more I am wondering wow.

TBH - The amount of time & energy I spent messing around with Tomato and DD WRT & trying to find good priced compatible routers.. when my last one conked I was baffled but curious and now glad.. to have found Mikrotik.

Its a bit tech in terms of learning curve but dang! its powerful.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back