WiiM PRO

Even if it is a slight step down, I think it is totally worth it. Allo system goes haywire after using sometime. I switched from allo boss v1.2 to wiim mini+ smsl d300 and couldn’t be happier.
exactly and then it needs a reset of the software sometimes.also sometimes after boot up its tricky to airplay

exactly and then it needs a reset of the software sometimes.also sometimes after boot up its tricky to airplay
Nothing is more frustrating than a working allo spotify connect hiccup during music playback which was working fine for the last 30 minutes.

Anyone used the Analog inputs on Wiim Pro and then getting a digital signal out to an external DAC? What were your observations?

MaSh

ok made up my mind to go for the wiim pro plus.is there a great diff btw pro and plus vis a vis sound?

ok made up my mind to go for the wiim pro plus.is there a great diff btw pro and plus vis a vis sound

Wiim Pro Plus's DAC is considered to be better than the one in Wiim Pro. However, personally I would prefer to get the Wiim pro and keep the DAC as a flexi option.

MaSh

Has anyone tried wim pro with different digital cables (other than one received)and observed any difference in sound quality ?

Someone please enlighten. Why would I need a Wiim just to play the songs on my stereo setup when most of the stereo amps from Yamaha, Denon & Marantz have Musiccast & heos app respectively through which you can easily have wireless playback. Stereo amps also do have inbuilt DAC.

There is Airplay 2 also, Wiim is being marketed nonetheless. What SQ difference one would have with Wiim?

I checked with 2 guys in my circle and they said there isn't much difference in SQ.

Did anyone feel so?

I am using Allo Shanti, which again has two rails of supply,5V 3A and another 5

You mean 1A?
Even I had doubt about it , but ppl on wiim forum says its draws max 1.5 A and min 0.5 and p50 is just in middle of it. SO I think it might work
See here

@MaSh already using this.

Yes I did. I did mobile charger vs Allo Shanti and I felt soundstage a bit wider, darker background , crystal clear and a bit more meaty vocals and may be a bit tight bass(But it may be due to isolation applied under speakers too) with Shanti.
Hi Kumar which one do you recommend to use with Allo Shanti 3A or 1A.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back