WiiM PRO

Thanks a lot for the link mate., those are interesting findings by the reviewer.
But here I am trying to choose between a wiim pro / smsl su1..
Primarily coz of budget constraints
And the secondary reason being I am buying either of these primarily for the DAC,

My dilemma is if I ll get the wiim pro then I ll be losing the more rebust and newer chip of smsl su1 (same chip is there in wiim pro plus mind you)..

If i ll choose the smsl su1 then I ll have to use it with CCA, which according to you and that reviewer would not output that great a digital signal as the wiim mini, pro or pro plus can..

I guess pro plus has best of both worlds for now but I am not ready to shell out that much at any cost..

First impression is it sounds really good, much better than I expected, i Have a Tda1541 Dac which is good but takes time to warm up, but Wiim pro plus is great from get go, love the remote as I hate to use mobile to control volume (i know its not bit perfect) or skip track during music playing, well worth the price IMO.

First impression is it sounds really good, much better than I expected, i Have a Tda1541 Dac which is good but takes time to warm up, but Wiim pro plus is great from get go, love the remote as I hate to use mobile to control volume (i know its not bit perfect) or skip track during music playing, well worth the price IMO.
Congratulations. How much did you pay for customs?

I am expecting my Wiim Pro Plus purchased during Black Friday to be delivered tomorrow, was a long wait due to slow shipping, Total Price Rs14750/- purchase +Rs3850 shipping plus insurance +Rs4600/- customs so total Rs23200/-, worth the wait I think.
Looks like you have been lucky with custom duty. In all my recent purchases off ebay, I have been charged around 45% as duty on the invoice price.

Looks like you have been lucky with custom duty. In all my recent purchases off ebay, I have been charged around 45% as duty on the invoice price.
Not sure but I declared its priced at $109.20. Attached my BOE if Interested

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231216_234334_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    Screenshot_20231216_234334_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 42
I also got one from Hifimart. Currently using with Marantz avr by coaxial. Are Wiim products warm? I feel mine is and relaxed sounding with less details - as a comparison to direct airplaying to AVR

I also got one from Hifimart. Currently using with Marantz avr by coaxial. Are Wiim products warm? I feel mine is and relaxed sounding with less details - as a comparison to direct airplaying to AVR
Imo if you are using wiim only as streamer than its just a digital transport as the DAC being used is of Marantz so details should be as per the dac used

In both the cases, airplaying directly to avr and feeding through coaxial input from wiim, dac of AvR is being utilised l, I believe. In that case, airplaying to AVr sounds more open with more details. Though, midrange is sweeter and controlled while Wiim is used as digital transport.
Imo if you are using wiim only as streamer than its just a digital transport as the DAC being used is of Marantz so details should be as per the dac used

In both the cases, airplaying directly to avr and feeding through coaxial input from wiim, dac of AvR is being utilised l, I believe. In that case, airplaying to AVr sounds more open with more details. Though, midrange is sweeter and controlled while Wiim is used as digital transport.
If you are using wiim as transport only with fixed volume at 100% and eq off than I don't think it can effect the sound quality, also Airplaying will not be bitperfect and may be dac is processing it differently

Unfortunately, shanti is out of stock for a long time now. Fabtolab refunded my preorder money.

Thats reassuring. Will purchase a shanti when it is available. BTW, do you hear any hum from shanti?
It back in stock with Fab to Lab. I got one last week. Although there a price increase.

In Jan'24 placed an order for Qudelix 5K costs Rs.8000/- but customs charged 3500/-. Is there any thing we can do for lower custom fees legally?
i.e., total costs 11500/-

In Jan'24 placed an order for Qudelix 5K costs Rs.8000/- but customs charged 3500/-. Is there any thing we can do for lower custom fees legally?
i.e., total costs 11500/-
What they charged is as per the present custom duty rates. You may try and convince the assessing officer, other than that you cannot do anything.

can i use wiim pro plus as just a streamer and use the allo boss 2 as my dac as i already have the alloboss2 but the dtreaming is sometimes iffy.i do have an added wireless adapter connected to the allo boss2.i like the dac of my allo boss 2.is there any way?

Allo Boss or any other Hat dacs, take input from raspberry pi's i2s interfaces only. You can't use it as a stand alone dac to take digital inputs from any other sources.

i was thinking of buying a wiim pro plus before going home from canada and the cost adds up to some 18k inclusing taxes.whats nagging me is,is it needed when i already have the allo boss dac 2 running moode audio.why i am drawn to this is the easy connectivity.i have found some issues while connecting to allo boss 2 many times.i guess this will be seamless.however i like the audio from boss 2.i dont know if soundwise getting a wiim pro plus will be a step down conpared to allo boss2

i was thinking of buying a wiim pro plus before going home from canada and the cost adds up to some 18k inclusing taxes.whats nagging me is,is it needed when i already have the allo boss dac 2 running moode audio.why i am drawn to this is the easy connectivity.i have found some issues while connecting to allo boss 2 many times.i guess this will be seamless.however i like the audio from boss 2.i dont know if soundwise getting a wiim pro plus will be a step down conpared to allo boss2
Even if it is a slight step down, I think it is totally worth it. Allo system goes haywire after using sometime. I switched from allo boss v1.2 to wiim mini+ smsl d300 and couldn’t be happier.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back