WiiM PRO

Even if it is a slight step down, I think it is totally worth it. Allo system goes haywire after using sometime. I switched from allo boss v1.2 to wiim mini+ smsl d300 and couldn’t be happier.
exactly and then it needs a reset of the software sometimes.also sometimes after boot up its tricky to airplay

exactly and then it needs a reset of the software sometimes.also sometimes after boot up its tricky to airplay
Nothing is more frustrating than a working allo spotify connect hiccup during music playback which was working fine for the last 30 minutes.

Anyone used the Analog inputs on Wiim Pro and then getting a digital signal out to an external DAC? What were your observations?

MaSh

ok made up my mind to go for the wiim pro plus.is there a great diff btw pro and plus vis a vis sound?

ok made up my mind to go for the wiim pro plus.is there a great diff btw pro and plus vis a vis sound

Wiim Pro Plus's DAC is considered to be better than the one in Wiim Pro. However, personally I would prefer to get the Wiim pro and keep the DAC as a flexi option.

MaSh

Has anyone tried wim pro with different digital cables (other than one received)and observed any difference in sound quality ?

Someone please enlighten. Why would I need a Wiim just to play the songs on my stereo setup when most of the stereo amps from Yamaha, Denon & Marantz have Musiccast & heos app respectively through which you can easily have wireless playback. Stereo amps also do have inbuilt DAC.

There is Airplay 2 also, Wiim is being marketed nonetheless. What SQ difference one would have with Wiim?

I checked with 2 guys in my circle and they said there isn't much difference in SQ.

Did anyone feel so?

I am using Allo Shanti, which again has two rails of supply,5V 3A and another 5

You mean 1A?
Even I had doubt about it , but ppl on wiim forum says its draws max 1.5 A and min 0.5 and p50 is just in middle of it. SO I think it might work
See here

@MaSh already using this.

Yes I did. I did mobile charger vs Allo Shanti and I felt soundstage a bit wider, darker background , crystal clear and a bit more meaty vocals and may be a bit tight bass(But it may be due to isolation applied under speakers too) with Shanti.
Hi Kumar which one do you recommend to use with Allo Shanti 3A or 1A.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back