WiiM PRO

I don't know how good the Arylic is, as a digital streamer (a streamer that just does the job of streaming, with digital output passed on the a DAC). The Wiim Pro is absolutely dependable and capable as far as that goes.

The Octavio Stream (available in India) is also priced at a close range. The Stream actually uses a modified version of the Linkplay app under license, and perhaps (I'm not absolutely sure of this) a Linkplay module inside it. The Octavio Stream only has a combo analog out + optical out, so that maybe limiting to some.
The Octavio does not have a LAN port. The Stream 3 (Mk2) is missing Coax Out (it has Toslink). The Solo, like the WIiM Pro, has Coax and Toslink out. The S50 Pro+ and Songbird (Andover) have SPDIF (Coax + Toslink) and analogue inputs and outputs. Although the Songbird omits BT.

I'd be happy with a streamer that omits the DAC but provides all the possible input (LAN, USB, BT, Analog) and output (AES, Coax, Toslink, I2S) options.

Last edited:
Wiim has confirmed that the Wiim Pro will not be discontinued once the Pro Plus is made available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230725_165639_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230725_165639_Chrome.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 42
WiiM PRO + priced 207,50 Euroes in Audiophonics and expected by early September.

Strange, WiiM hasn't announced it officially

WiiM PRO + priced 207,50 Euroes in Audiophonics and expected by early September.

One part says DSD is available,

1691155225670.png

Other has no mention of DSD

1691155288536.png

Will wait for official confirmation

They'd mentioned in the forum they the Amazon listing should be up by Aug 6th. They were testing the listing and someone screenshot it too, before it disappeared.

Is wiim pro + available on Amazon US now?
" Hi all,

Just to update the US Amazon listing for WiiM Pro Plus will be live on Tue 8/8. We'll link the URL when it's live. Thanks for your support and interest in this new product as we gear up for the launch of it."

The above is the response from the WiiM Team last Saturday regarding PRO Plus release

WiiM PRO + seems to be good upgrade in the DAC and ADC performance compared to PRO

It
What's the purpose of mic in wiim pro+?
is there in WiiM pro also. It is actually an in-built mic and don't think it accepts any external microphone.
When you have multi-room playback, the in-built mic ensures there is no audio latency.
I have never tried it, but that option is available in the app.

Actually there is no clarity on this as it clearly look like a physical connection (in or out no idea).

Screen shot from WiiM Forum is attached below with the link

What does the microphone on the back do? Print

Modified on: Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 3:19 PM

The on-device microphone is used to measure the entire audio path latency automatically when it's connected with the receiver or speaker. The latency value will then be used to maintain the perfect audio synchronization in the multi-room audio playback with HomePod, Echo, Google Home or other WiiM devices.

https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/so...0646-what-does-the-microphone-on-the-back-do-

Though the DAC in the WiiM Pro Plus is capable of DSD, not sure if the device is capable as at present the processing is restricted at 24/192.
For many with Roon integration and lot of DSD files in their database, it could well be a deal breaker.

I feel the pro plus will mainly attract those who prefer a simple one box solution or to those who plan to buy WiiM for the 1st time.

Just wondering, how many Pro owners here wish to upgrade to the Pro Plus????

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back