WiiM PRO

I would like to see a display on it too giving out information on track, codec, source, format and may be a switch to vu meters .

MaSh
The pre production unit for testing is identical to PRO as of now

Chances for any major change outwardly is less where internals are given the due consideration

Adding a Display or VU meters would increase the pricing, which WiiM team is not for

They focus on maximum quality product, which could cost less practically possible

The pre production unit for testing is identical to PRO as of now

Chances for any major change outwardly is less where internals are given the due consideration

Adding a Display or VU meters would increase the pricing, which WiiM team is not for

They focus on maximum quality product, which could cost less practically possible
Yes sure, but we always want More.:)

MaSh

Yes sure, but we always want More.:)

MaSh
For us , more is less :cool:

One of the key feature missing is usb as input to read HDD. This will make this unit far better value proposition than other expensive streamers.
I would like to see a display on it too giving out information on track, codec, source, format and may be a switch to vu meters .

MaSh
Wiim must keep eye on this requirements for may be next gen Wiim Pro + Ultra.

WiiM PRO PLUS initial test and the result is promising as per the associate of the WiiM Team

Maybe because of the AKM Velvet DAC

Also, Glossy finish of the chassis is seen in another Pre production unit, which hints for a change in outward look of the PLUS

WiiM PRO PLUS initial test and the result is promising as per the associate of the WiiM Team

Also, Glossy finish of the chassis is seen in another Pre production unit, which hints for a change in outward look of the PLUS
Doubt a company will say the results are poor or disappointing, won't really make good marketing would it?

Where are you seeing these details? Could you please share the link?

MaSh

For those who aren't following the Wiim Forums, the Wiim Pro + is expected to be priced at $220 (with the remote), and probably will be out for sale by Aug 5th.

Possibly 24-25k if it comes directly to India
will be interesting to see what upgrades or changes are seen

Possibly 24-25k if it comes directly to India
will be interesting to see what upgrades or changes are seen

The significant upgrade is only the DAC (AKM) and OPamp i,e. analogue output stage, maybe Glossy Finish of the Chassis, the remaining are almost the same

The pro+ is a good option, wonder if they will continue the pro or discontinue it.
Cheers,
Sid
I think they're more likely to discontinue the Mini. And perhaps bump the Wiim Pro price down to $119 permanently, from the current $149.

With the Pro Plus likely to be $220, that should be enough difference, and gives an option for those looking for a lower priced streamer (that's as capable as the Pro Plus when it comes to digital streaming).

At some point maybe later next year, they'll bring out a version of the Pro Plus with a USB output, and then discontinue the Pro.

The significant upgrade is only the DAC (AKM) and OPamp i,e. analogue output stage, maybe Glossy Finish of the Chassis, the remaining are almost the same
To add, I saw a post from their official account that said that the Pro Plus weighs 25% more than the Pro. (Maybe a better grade of plastic). I also saw a tester mentioning a slightly better internal power management.

For those who aren't following the Wiim Forums, the Wiim Pro + is expected to be priced at $220 (with the remote), and probably will be out for sale by Aug 5th.
At $220, it competes against the Arylic S50Pro. Other than having an AKM-based DAC vs an ESS 9023 one, what does the WiiM Pro+ do better?

At $220, it competes against the Arylic S50Pro. Other than having an AKM-based DAC vs an ESS 9023 one, what does the WiiM Pro+ do better?
Indeed. That price point also has the Argon Solo close by, and the Argon has been highly praised.

As for the Wiim Pro+, assuming that it'll be consistent with the Pro, it'll be backed by a very responsive and friendly organization (Linkplay), that's doing quite well in the home automation space. They have very mature software and hardware. The Pro just works: The best thing I can say about it is that it is functionally invisible. (I was using it as a Roon endpoint via Chromecast, and once it was Roon Ready certified, it's been running on RAAT).

I don't know how good the Arylic is, as a digital streamer (a streamer that just does the job of streaming, with digital output passed on the a DAC). The Wiim Pro is absolutely dependable and capable as far as that goes.

The Wiim Pro+ is also not expected to have a better Bluetooth version (they don't seem to be prioritizing that just now), so it'll be running SBC only, most likely. The Arylic will work with Aptx, and there's a market that wants that.

The Pro+ will likely be Roon Ready certified (quicker than the Pro, I guess) which is a fairly specific market that will appreciate a seamless plug and play endpoint. But the Argon Solo is also expected to the Roon Ready certified shortly.

The Octavio Stream (available in India) is also priced at a close range. The Stream actually uses a modified version of the Linkplay app under license, and perhaps (I'm not absolutely sure of this) a Linkplay module inside it. The Octavio Stream only has a combo analog out + optical out, so that maybe limiting to some.

It'll ultimately come down to whether they can actually deliver on their stated intention of the Wiim Pro+ being a one box streaming solution, that sounds as good as a DAC priced at around $500.

Last edited:
Yes the Pro Plus only makes sense if one does not have and does not intend to use an external DAC. Apart from that I see no reason to go for a Pro Plus.

An update. I added Topping P50 Linear Power Supply to my Wiim Pro. A subtle difference in the sound quality for sure. Everything seems clearer, tighter and more dynamic. I will do some more listening to find the exact differences. I was using a Power bank earlier and P50 is a definite improvement from it.

MaSh

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back