wood wool for sound absorption.....

rahulsood

hello friends

Today i visited anutone dealer in delhi. There he showed me room acoustic panel and other stuff. I was surprised when he told me about the prices. Man these people are charging like any thing. for example glass wool 48 density 40mm 350rs per sq meter. A dealer from delhi selling Twiga 48 density 50mm for 206 per sq. At anutone the guy showed me a sample of wood board( wood wool board) he told me its NSS and @ 100 rs sq feet and the same board i was getting @ 40 rs sq feet. I was wondering if product from anutone have got something special thats why they charging so much. i do not know. i need advice on this.

After searching on net i got hold on some guy around delhi. I talked to him phone he said he will do all labour work with material @ 130rs per sq feet.
I didnt negotiate. He told me on phone he will use metal instead of wood for wall frame ( i was getting same @ 250 per sq feet from anutone) AND will use glass wool for sound proofing. after that will use wood wool board for sound absorption then cover it with Fabric. this all including lobour charges @ 130 per sq.

But i am planning to get material by myself and will ask him to do the labour work.
So I need advice on following
1. Is it worth to hire this guy on contract basis including material.
2. how is wood wool for sound absorption.
3. Any other material for absortion if wood wool is not good
4. IF i am missing some thing please mention.

Thank you all. Please write your suggestion.

Rahul, there are multiple threads that have been running for a long time where all the details and pricing of sound absorption are being discussed. I would suggest you look at those threads and close this thread.

HiFiVision.com - India's Audio Video Hi-Fi Forum - Search Results

http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhanc...ing-my-home-theatre-room-please-guide-me.html

These are just two (very detailed) threads. There are other threads also. Please use the search function and get the details you want.

Cheers

sir with due respect I have already gone thru these threads I have little doubt in my mind thats why i started this threads. THis site has lots of threads already bout every thing thats means no one should start a new threads. Doubts in mind are difference between Anutone and other products available in market. Theres lot of price difference betwwen two so i was wondering product from anutone are some kind of specials or are the same.
And wanted to know whether wood wool boards are good or not..
Anyways You Are the moderate and if so think so I respect and try not ask any stupid question. I had good time here anyways.
Thanks for help.

Let me try to answer your questions:

This depends purely upon how resourceful you are. If you do not have too much time, it is always better to go with professional who says he can do the job. Just ensure that he knows what he is talking about and make sure he brings you bills for all the material he purchases.

The usefulness of a material for sound absorption is measured by its sound absorption coefficient. Here are the sound absorption co-efficient of glass wool/fibreglass and wood wool

Fibreglass

500 1000 2000 4000
25 0.65 0.90 0.95 0.98
50 0.99 0.99 0.99 0.99

Wood Wool

500 1000 2000 4000

25 0.18 0.50 0.80 0.72
35 0.25 0.65 0.74 0.90
50 0.42 0.78 0.65 0.98

The 25, 35, and 50 refer to the thickness of the board in millimetre. The 500, 1000, 2000, and 4000 refer to frequencies. The numbers that follow '0.' are the coefficients. Anything close to 0.70 is good.

There are lots of material available. Fibreglass, fibre-wool, glass-wool, acoustics tiles, and specially made acoustic material.

Cheers

Last edited:
this site has lot of information already thats means no 1 should star a nnew thread.

Don't jump to conclusions my friend. One can always start a new thread, but one should not demand or expect a reply. Seasoned members will get sick and tired of answering the same questions. In addition, if you had posted the same questions in a running thread, you might have got some answers. If you notice, most threads have a certain number of people participating. These are usually people who are interested in the subject or have some prior knowledge or experience. You can always ask a new question in an existing thread if the subject matter is the same.

Cheers

Let me try to answer your questions:

This depends purely upon how resourceful you are. If you do not have too much time, it is always better to go with professional who says he can do the job. Just ensure that he knows what he is talking about and make sure he brings you bills for all the material he purchases.

The usefulness of a material for sound absorption is measured by its sound absorption coefficient. Here are the sound absorption co-efficient of glass wool/fibreglass and wood wool

Fibreglass

500 1000 2000 4000
25 0.65 0.90 0.95 0.98
50 0.99 0.99 0.99 0.99

Wood Wool

500 1000 2000 4000

25 0.18 0.50 0.80 0.72
35 0.25 0.65 0.74 0.90
50 0.42 0.78 0.65 0.98

The 25, 35, and 50 refer to the thickness of the board in millimetre. The 500, 1000, 2000, and 4000 refer to frequencies. The numbers follow '0.' are the coefficients. Anything close to 0.70 is good.

There are lots of material available. Fibreglass, fibre-wool, glass-wool, acoustics tiles, and specially made acoustic material.

Cheers

i thank you venkat sir this was the most helpful post for deciding to go for anutone anutone ane other stuff available in market i thank you again for this simplified thread. i got the message. and thank you

Venkat has summarised very well. Woodwool boards are easier to work. You'll need a good carpenter though.

Dear Rahul,

We are a manufacturers of wood wool boards for acoustic and thermal insulation since past 15 yrs based in Mumbai.

Our boards are reasonably priced and you are paying exorbitantly high price for nothing better. Our technical specifications are as follows:

# Average Density - 400 kg/cu.m
# The boards are highly porous
# Acoustic absorption coefficient - 0.95 from 400 Hz to 4 KHz range
# Thermal conductivity - 0.75 BTU/Sq.ft/in/hr/deg F
# 1 inch thick board provides equivalent insulation as 60 mm thick brick wall
# NRC value - 0.8 with 50 mm thick ply

We also have certified this from independant acoustic consultants.Please send us detailed quotation of your needs at [email protected] and we will meet your requirements.

regards,
Suhas

hello friends

Today i visited anutone dealer in delhi. There he showed me room acoustic panel and other stuff. I was surprised when he told me about the prices. Man these people are charging like any thing. for example glass wool 48 density 40mm 350rs per sq meter. A dealer from delhi selling Twiga 48 density 50mm for 206 per sq. At anutone the guy showed me a sample of wood board( wood wool board) he told me its NSS and @ 100 rs sq feet and the same board i was getting @ 40 rs sq feet. I was wondering if product from anutone have got something special thats why they charging so much. i do not know. i need advice on this.

After searching on net i got hold on some guy around delhi. I talked to him phone he said he will do all labour work with material @ 130rs per sq feet.
I didnt negotiate. He told me on phone he will use metal instead of wood for wall frame ( i was getting same @ 250 per sq feet from anutone) AND will use glass wool for sound proofing. after that will use wood wool board for sound absorption then cover it with Fabric. this all including lobour charges @ 130 per sq.

But i am planning to get material by myself and will ask him to do the labour work.

You have to try wood wool acoustic panel, Wood wool acoustic panel or wood wool cement board is a decorative panel composed of excelsior wood wool and cement. These wood wool acoustic panels have high heat resistance and good noise reduction performance. Therefore, it is widely used for sound insulation and acoustic treatment of rooms as wall and ceilings. The application of these wood wool panels includes home theater, hall acoustic wood ceiling panels, conference facilities, museums, boardrooms, government & municipal buildings, multi-purpose rooms, restaurant noise control, theaters & home theaters, and so on.

hello friends

[/

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for but i was going through the same thing and I actually followed whats in this youtube video

They came out super ugly, very low WAF so didn't end up using it but def worked.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back