Worlds Best Front End : Dcs - Now In India

Comments on Suggestions:::

;)Well, Jay (SNV) is not totally wrong in his quote but instead 'The Best CD player' - it is 'One of the Best/Finest CD Players' quote is suitable!!

These are few (partial list)(!!) one the finest CD Players....

1. Esoteric- P-01 Transport with D-01 DAC [Good - 8/10]
2. Reimyo- DCT-777 Transport with DAP-777 DAC [Poor 6/10]
3. Luxman- D-N100 Player [Have not Auditioned]
4. Accuphase- DP-800 Transport with DC-801 DAC [Not Heard]
5. Meridian- 808 Signature Reference CD Player [Good - Old Model] 7.5/10]
6. EMM Labs- CDSD Disc Transport with DCC2SE DAC [Good 8/10]
7. Audio Aero- Capitole CD Player [Poor 5/10]
8. Metronome Technologies- [Average 6.5/10]
9. Blue Note ? Stibbert [Very Poor 4.5/10]
10. dCS Puccini CD/ SACD Player [Good 7/10]
11. dCS Scarlatti System [V Good 8.5/10]
12. Audio Research REFERENCE CD7 Vacuum Tube Compact Disc P [Good 8/10]
13. Wadia 581se CD Player [Good 7/10]
14. Oracle CD2500 CD Player [Not Auditioned]

Cheers,

JK
Absolute Sound

I have commented on the players mentioned above.
What ever I have had the chance to listen to.

Some choices should not appear in that list.
Some may be consider :-
Bladelius Gondul
Meridian 808.2 [New Ces 2008 Launch]
Bow Technology ZZ Eight - 2007 Version
Grphon Mikado
CEC & Audio Note [Combination]
Vitus Audio
Spectral [Not Heard]
Goldmund

Will think some more & post.

:rolleyes:

Dear awedeophile,

Absolutely taken in the right spirit. My constraint is that I am just not at liberty to disclose the associated equipment we used to compare.

Maybe someday when my limitations have been called off, I could let you know.

Sir, MY ears regard dCS as the best. Hence I decided to distribute the brand in India.

Sometimes when a company launches exceptional products they deserve bold claims, IMO.

dCS has considerable expertise to produce fine digital equipment and they have been doing so for the past 20 years.

dCS are world leaders in digital audio conversion technology. Their products have been acknowledged as state-of-the-art by recording engineers and discerning audiophiles all around the world.

Regards
SNV

What music did you audition this player with?Also,there is a distinction between "bold" and "outrageous" claims!

What music did you audition this player with?Also,there is a distinction between "bold" and "outrageous" claims!

Well, your intent of being on the forum is indeed very clear.
I must say, very nice first post.

Now lets see, I ofcourse took along some hindi music.
Tracks I heard to judge/compare/analyse the various configs were -

Chaiya chaiya, tracks from Om shanti om, Sawariya, Welcome, etc.

Im sure you think the claim is absolutely outrageous.

How can anything be the best in the world. No one is allowed or can claim any product in the world to be the best, can one ever.

SNV

Chaiya chaiya, tracks from Om shanti om, Sawariya, Welcome, etc. SNV

Hahahahaa.. Good one.. Can you hear the subtelities in the bells on Malaika's hips in Chaiya, Chaiya? ;)

But seriously, I'm still waiting for your review in comparison to the other equipment and would be pleased if you could take the time to post about it.

I have heard the DCS dac's in a private system with very high end speakers and tube amplifiers with a DCS verdi transport and all audiophile labels. Also can you specify the kind of recordings you have used to test a DCS kind of DAC. The CD's made by 99% of Indian cd companies is ABSOLUTE JUNK where the sound is normalized and horribly over compressed. Have you used any audiophile CD's by chesky, mobile fidelity, telarc or some superb recordings by sony classical.

I am not disputing DCS quality or your opnion. What i want to know is the testing method and software sampled?

Laksh

Hahahahaa.. Good one.. Can you hear the subtelities in the bells on Malaika's hips in Chaiya, Chaiya? ;)

But seriously, I'm still waiting for your review in comparison to the other equipment and would be pleased if you could take the time to post about it.

She was "there" sir, performing right in front of me. ;)
What a soundstage, excellent 'bottom' end if you know what I mean.

On a serious note, will write a little bit on my experience to you soon.

Regards
SNV

I have heard the DCS dac's in a private system with very high end speakers and tube amplifiers with a DCS verdi transport and all audiophile labels. Also can you specify the kind of recordings you have used to test a DCS kind of DAC. The CD's made by 99% of Indian cd companies is ABSOLUTE JUNK where the sound is normalized and horribly over compressed. Have you used any audiophile CD's by chesky, mobile fidelity, telarc or some superb recordings by sony classical.

I am not disputing DCS quality or your opnion. What i want to know is the testing method and software sampled?

Laksh

Dear Laksh,

So very unfortunately, the pressing on our Indian cds is pathetic.
I know that and ofcourse I haven't used any of these on the dCS system.
Sir, one doesn't necessarily have to use chesky or telarc cds to judge a system.
My testing method was the simplest there can be, no instruments. Just simple listening.
Listened to a lot of music, wide range of genres, regular and audiophile recordings.
I am not stating that I am someone with pair of Golden ears. Im just a regular guy with regular ears.
There is a lot of Hoopla about this topic. They are lot of things that a lot of these 'audiophiles' claim.
It is and believe me it is simple to hear the difference. Just relax and hear, trust me it is that simple.
Ofcourse audio is subjective. I have stated that I find it the best.
With regard to the set up you have heard, there are better speakers than the top end of Cadence.
I personally believe that every component in the configuration should be of the similar pedigree so that you make the most of the entire config.
Though I personally like Cadence and am a fan. I think they are excellent value for money speakers, including their valve amps.
We all should be proud of what this Indian (Pune) based company has achieved.

Regards
SNV

I am using Resolution Audio opus 21 CD,it is also one of the best sounding CD player,it sounds like a analogue front end with resolution and relaxed sound,which anybody would like to hear and ejoy

I am using Resolution Audio opus 21 CD,it is also one of the best sounding CD player,it sounds like a analogue front end with resolution and relaxed sound,which anybody would like to hear and ejoy

Hey;
That is great.
What is the rest of your chain ?

That must be a 'referance' CD Player.
Is an 'audition' possible ? Please..........

Dear All,

It is a dream come true. Sound & Vision is now the exclusive India distributor of dCS, UK.

dCS, a world renowned serious hi-end front end brand, that makes the finest cd players ? transport, dacs, clocks & samplers.

For people who are serious about their music, dCS provides a range of audiophile products that offer unrivalled performance and define the standard for digital music playback against which all others are measured.
The dCS audiophile range is designed and hand built in the UK to exact specifications, using the unique and patented Ring DAC technology to deliver the best listening experience there is.

The Scarlatti system is undoubtedly THE BEST CD PLAYER IN THE WORLD ? PERIOD.

All new models are now available in 3 different variants :

SCARLATTI SYSTEM ? TRANSPORT/DAC/MASTER CLOCK

PAGANINI SYSTEM ? TRANSPORT/DAC/CLOCK

PUCCINI CD PLAYER.

The Scarlatti and Paganini are available as systems. Also individual units such as the dac, transport and clock are sold separately for clients to gradually upgrade.

For further information please log on ? Official dCS Home Page, or alternatively email me on [email protected]

Regards
SNV

Dude when can we auditon one???

Dude when can we auditon one???

The minute some one is ready with the cash to buy one !!!

Simple;

I am not so sure if SNV is going to keep giving inhouse domo's to persons that may not be on the look out for a 10 K US $'s + CD Player purchase......

We all go, listen & no one buys.

He [SNV] wants to sell !

I am sure he will have ample stock for demo.
But, giving demo's to persons who do not have the budget is not of much use to him, is it ????

:D

Well, your intent of being on the forum is indeed very clear.
I must say, very nice first post.

Now lets see, I ofcourse took along some hindi music.
Tracks I heard to judge/compare/analyse the various configs were -

Chaiya chaiya, tracks from Om shanti om, Sawariya, Welcome, etc.

Im sure you think the claim is absolutely outrageous.

How can anything be the best in the world. No one is allowed or can claim any product in the world to be the best, can one ever.

SNV

With all due respect the list of music for audition is awful. Especially "Sanwariya" as it has the worst recording i have heard in a long time. "Welcome" on a dCs Scarlatti- heaven forbid.

Sir, Cadence apeakers albeit are good VFm will by far not do any justice to dcS scarlattis.

Last edited:
Hey;
That is great.
What is the rest of your chain ?

That must be a 'referance' CD Player.
Is an 'audition' possible ? Please..........

Hi Shanti, I am having Living Voice IBR-X 2 speakers,UNICO by Unison Italy valve mosfet integrated,Resolution Audio Opus21 CD player,Kondo copper loudspeaker cables and Analysis Plus silver oval in interconnects,You can anytime hear my system it will be my privilage
mekr

Iam looking for the Puccini CD/SACD Player. Iam located in bangalore.
Any demo's? Where i can i get the same?
Price of the product please? And after sales services here in south india?
Does it play MP3 CD's too?

IMHO, it should not really matter.Even if it does, I really doubt if any high end player would be able to play MP3 better than an entry level DVDp or a MP3 Player since most MP3s commercially available are at 128-192 Kbps rips which anyway suffer from enough loss of information.

Dear sgmane,

We do have the dCS Puccini in stock with us. A demo is certainly possible.
To give you a tentative idea, the retail price of the Puccini is USD 20,000/-.
The product comes to you official with its respective warranty.
No the Puccini does not play mp3 cds. None of the dCS products do.
Kindly pm me your contact details for further information on the Puccini.

Regards
SNV

Rs. 10/- Lac CD Player / MP3 !!!
Interesting question........

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back