Worlds Best Front End : Dcs - Now In India

I can't believe someone deleted my post! Wow. :mad:
Definitely unimpressed considering the neutrality of my post, especially mentioning how "world's best" is subjective AND depends on everyones listening preferences.

I can't believe someone deleted my post! Wow. :mad:
Definitely unimpressed considering the neutrality of my post, especially mentioning how "world's best" is subjective AND depends on everyones listening preferences.

Nobody expect I can delete other members posts. Are you sure you have posted here??

Dear sgmane,

We do have the dCS Puccini in stock with us. A demo is certainly possible.
To give you a tentative idea, the retail price of the Puccini is USD 20,000/-.
The product comes to you official with its respective warranty.
No the Puccini does not play mp3 cds. None of the dCS products do.
Kindly pm me your contact details for further information on the Puccini.

Regards
SNV

SNV - Earlier in this thread you had mentioned the cost of Puccini in Rs as 9500/-. Do clarify. Oh!! it does not play MP3!! :(

Mod,

Thanks for checking in. I posted about a paragraphs worth of comments and don't see them now. Did it last night.

Oh well.

Shaizada,

If I have to write anything more than a few lines, I always use an external editor, and save the text as a file. I do this after having lost a few texts that had thousands of words. Writing externally also enables you to read your own text and edit it a few times. I use Notepad and Word.

See if you can remember what your wrote and pot it again.

Cheers

SNV - Yes, I did check and found that the price of the product is US dollar 20000 and in UK it is 9500 pounds.
Let me think twice before i go for this product.

Hello audiophile friends, greetings from Holland!
Well, in my opinion dCS Scarlatti is the most resolving digital playback system in the world. But it is a bit artificial too. In real life we don't hear that level of detail or space surrounding voices or instruments. The Esoteric P-01 also has the best VRDS Neo drive (which is not residing in the Scarlatti transport). To me the Esoteric P-01 with my current D/A-converter, the JMF Audio DXC2.2, is very musical. Even more musical than the dCS Scarlatti (less artificial sounding).

Chris

Mod,

Thanks for checking in. I posted about a paragraphs worth of comments and don't see them now. Did it last night.

Oh well.

Hi shaizada,
you have a nice analogue system. saw the details in another thread. you have invested a lot in analogue.
Just below your post saw you system. You are using Omega Hemp speakers.
I have a Sun Audio 2A3 SET amp. and Red Wine 30.2 signature and i am looking for a high sensivity speaker for these amps. I was looking at Omega Hemp. and Tonian Lab speakers. What is your opinion about Omega Hemp.
Also if you know Tonian lab do let me know about them. I read some very good reviews about Tonian lab which uses a super tweeter.
Regards
SKR

Dear All,

It is a dream come true. Sound & Vision is now the exclusive India distributor of dCS, UK.

dCS, a world renowned serious hi-end front end brand, that makes the finest cd players ? transport, dacs, clocks & samplers.

For people who are serious about their music, dCS provides a range of audiophile products that offer unrivalled performance and define the standard for digital music playback against which all others are measured.
The dCS audiophile range is designed and hand built in the UK to exact specifications, using the unique and patented Ring DAC technology to deliver the best listening experience there is.

The Scarlatti system is undoubtedly THE BEST CD PLAYER IN THE WORLD ? PERIOD.

All new models are now available in 3 different variants :

SCARLATTI SYSTEM ? TRANSPORT/DAC/MASTER CLOCK

PAGANINI SYSTEM ? TRANSPORT/DAC/CLOCK

PUCCINI CD PLAYER.

The Scarlatti and Paganini are available as systems. Also individual units such as the dac, transport and clock are sold separately for clients to gradually upgrade.

For further information please log on ? Official dCS Home Page, or alternatively email me on [email protected]

Regards
SNV

o god! - wont you buy me a scarlatti system? = hope the FIIs light the stock market fuse = hope i get a scarlatti system! -= seriously!

and if god does this little thing for me, i will definitely feed a thousand brahmins. (or whatever it is that one does when god bestows requested favours on that one.

Last edited:
:clapping:Hi,
It is nice to learn launch of DCS DACs and CD players in India,
No doubt DCS is a leading and one of the costliest digital audio manufacturer in the world for so many years.
But there are other good brands which will give competition to DCS.

One of the name coming to my mind is Berkeley Audio Desiogn Alpha DAC. which is receiving rave reviews from both reviewers and customers. And it is much better price at 4995$.

More over investing so much on digital gears at this time when the world is gradually moving towards stored music is to be considered. But good DAC's will still be needed. And Berkely and Wiess Minerva DACs are some good options.
For those who have lots of surplus funds there is no harm in having your dream come true by buying DCS gear.

hi skr,

in one of your previous posts you've mentioned you use a 2A3 amp. do explore the voltages of your amp and see if you can run a 45 tube. in my lyrita audio amp, viren runs the 2A3 conservatively so i could use the 45 tube too. i've found a huge difference between the 2A3 and the 45. the 45 is just more clearer and nimbler and it makes the 2A3 look like a lumbering elephant. of course my preferences, my tastes etc etc but i went for the 45 cos of the almost universal reviews that a 45 beats a 2A3.

regards

and do post your experience if you do try the 45 tube! they're plentily available on ebay. average price is $130 plus shipping $24 or so.

Hi Stevieboy,
yes I have Sun Audio 2A3 from Japan. In fact I like it so much that I have one in Delhi and one in Bangkok. I have never tried tube 45 on this amp. and i doubt I can do that. I have also not read this on Sun audio web site or else where. I agree with you that 45 is a better tube and more musical and sweeter. I think you get 2 watts with 45 tubes.
Next time when I am in Delhi I will ask Viren if it is possible. Thanks for your advice. I definitely think this is a good idea to improve the sound only if it is possible.

There are some designers like Wavelength Audio USA who design their amps for both the tubes.
The price you gave me is for a pair or a single tube?
Regards
SKR

hi skr,

the price i mentioned is for the ST coke bottle shaped tube, a pair. you've got a good amp! i hope you can use the 45 too. lets hope :) which 2A3 tubes are you using in the sun audio amp? i've got the shuguang 2A3C single plates and the rca radiotron, red print 45 ST tube.

regards

Hi,

SKR,it is possible to convert the Sun Audio 2A3 to use 45's,but some circuit changes have to be made.

SET Asylum: RE: Sun Audio SV-2A3 with 45 tubes by MartinRamon

You could run the 8 ohm speakers from the 4 ohm tap so that the 45 "see" a higher impeadence.The 45's need 5K impeadence (though some tube gurus say that it is not mandatory and good performance can be achived even with a 3.5K load.)

Below are some links to posts on AA detailing such mods.
I suggest you check with Viren before making any mods.

SET Asylum: RE: Sun Audio SV-2A3 with 45 tubes by SomeJoe

SET Asylum: RE: Sun Audio 2A3 to 45 SET by GTCharlie

Regards
Rajiv

Hi Stevieboy and Rajiv,
Thank you very much for recommending tube upgrade for my Sun Audio.

Stevieboy I am using Electroharmonix White ceremic based 2A3 and I have original tubes that came with it i think Sovtek. I also have a pair of RCA tubes which are NOS and rather expensive and most preferred 2A3 tubes. But I think there is nothing great about these tubes just a hype it seems. One of the RCA tube has become noisy hence cannot use now. The life of these RCA's was also very short. May be I got used one instead of claimed NOS. The other tubes are 6SN7 GE NOS and RCA 5U4G NOS. Tube 45 is definitely a better sounding tube and if possible I will get it modified.

Hi Rajiv,
Thanks a lot for sending me the links. I have taken a printout of all the 3 links and will discuss with Viren when I am in Delhi next time.
You see how members can take advantage of this forum by exchanging views and recommending upgrades and improvements.
It was nice of Stevieboy to have remembered a very old conversation and suggesting about exploring possibilities of modification to use tube 45.

Warm regards
SKR

SKR you might want to replace those GE 6SN7GTs with either Sylvanias or Kenrads. I've tried GE, Sylvania, Kenrad, Siemens and Raytheon in my preamp. The Sylvanias win by a mile in transparency, dynamics and overall sound. The kenrads come close and have more bass heft but they don't have the beautiful extended top end.
I'm sure the amp will improve quite a bit with Sylvanias.

Thanks!

Hi !

Can you give me some details about your DAC ?
Cost ?
Web Site ?
Inputs ? Firewire / USB etc.
Digital Cables you use...

Thanks,

:cool:

Hi Shanti, the JMF Audio* DXC2.2 is for CD red book, not for SACD.
Costs: about 9500.
Inputs: XLR/RCA. No Firewire, no USB, no AT&T glass optical.
I'm using Nirvana DC-110 AES/EBU digital cable.

P.S.: JMF Audio makes the best solid state amplifiers in the world! I own their HQS9001C's. These are real killers, better than ML, Krell, Pass, Bryston, etc. Only FM Acoustics, Soulution and perhaps Boulder are the only real contenders. With these amps the tube vs solid state discussion is finally over!
Btw, I'm not affiliated with JMF Audio. I'm only in awe with regard to their power amps and DAC.

Chris

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back