X900H 65" Judder/Stutter in 24 FPS

XR Chip is good i guess by 8-10 % but not worth the price difference and honestly it no bothers me. I've consumed 4K content on it almost every day and every time i have a smile plastered on my face like a retard :p
I am smiling as I read this, really happy for you.

I will try and close this out soon, thanks for your inputs

Agreed. Love the black levels, and it's stunning on Dolby Vision/HDR even though it isn't the brightest panel out there.
Also glad you're enjoying the TV as well, mate.
Thanks Mate , You gave the much needed Nudge :p

Interestingly 2 days ago I was messing with some settings and accidently managed to make the DV look a bit brighter. Here is what I did and since then the DV content looks better ( Ex : Sarvant on Apple TV , probably the dimmest show ever shot in history of Human race )

In home screen switch to custom mode set brightness to Max

go to settings and enable retail mode and exit the settings and play DV content which will now show in Vivid mode , don't change anything here & let it be as it is. while the content is playing go to settings which will pause the video , hit the play button once the video resumes continue in settings and disable the retail mode ( both buttons ) and voila you now get little brighter DV :p

I have done this 3-4 times Just to confirm it wasn't a fluke shot, let me know if this works for you...

Thanks Mate , You gave the much needed Nudge :p
Ha ha, I was hoping you weren't cursing me when you had initially reported the Judder issues. Was quite relieved when you said you were enjoying the TV now :D

I have done this 3-4 times Just to confirm it wasn't a fluke shot, let me know if this works for you...
I tried it and definitely looks like brightness gets ramped up, but it might just be turning off the power saving setting (mine was set to Low earlier, not sure if that was the default or if I had enabled it while playing with settings), because after doing your retail setting trick I see that power saving got turned off. I wonder if that's just the reason - maybe power saving limits the brightness or something. More experimentation needed for sure :)

Tbh fiddling with brightness will reduce the longivity of LCDs. There is a reason why LCDs' brightnesses last for 25000 hours before losing their brightnesses gradually.

Ha ha, I was hoping you weren't cursing me when you had initially reported the Judder issues. Was quite relieved when you said you were enjoying the TV now :D

I tried it and definitely looks like brightness gets ramped up, but it might just be turning off the power saving setting (mine was set to Low earlier, not sure if that was the default or if I had enabled it while playing with settings), because after doing your retail setting trick I see that power saving got turned off. I wonder if that's just the reason - maybe power saving limits the brightness or something. More experimentation needed for sure :)
Could be , but I'm glad that DV is no longer dim. Now all i need is Sony to hand me a PS5 :p

I got it for 1.4 Lacs from Pai , You can call Shivu on 8880642528. You can give him my reference and I'm pretty sure he will match the offer...

Checked with Mr.Shivu, there is no stock, he did mention that he can work out a good deal for display unit
Same is the case with Reliance Digital, its out of stock and only display units are available

That would mean I will have to go with X90J, which is over my budget, listed at 1.9L on Sony website
Or go with Mi QLED 75", I dont have confidence that it would last more than 3-4 years. Instead of this compromise, I can compromise on FALD and go with X80J

Checked with Mr.Shivu, there is no stock, he did mention that he can work out a good deal for display unit
Same is the case with Reliance Digital, its out of stock and only display units are available

That would mean I will have to go with X90J, which is over my budget, listed at 1.9L on Sony website
Or go with Mi QLED 75", I dont have confidence that it would last more than 3-4 years. Instead of this compromise, I can compromise on FALD and go with X80J
try in local retail shops

No matter what don't go for Display Unit... Your last resort would be Sony outlet but they wont go below 1.47 after hard bargain... Grab it before they're all gone

I've seen Mi QLED trust me it's nowhere close to Sony despite what others claim...

worse case scenario check this... https://www.tatacliq.com/sony-164-c...65x9000h-2020-model-black/p-mp000000007772129

One rule, do not panic, try Giria's and also try stores not in your area they can get stocks if you are patient. DM'd you a number for a salesperson from Indiranagar. Btw these chaps are good at creating artificial shortage to push the new models. X80J is a major compromise being IPS, if you rather go non FALD go with X85J that's a VA panel and only gets beaten due to lesser brightness majorly compared to X90J.

Last edited:
Tbh fiddling with brightness will reduce the longivity of LCDs. There is a reason why LCDs' brightnesses last for 25000 hours before losing their brightnesses gradually.
Didn't know this.
No matter what don't go for Display Unit... Your last resort would be Sony outlet but they wont go below 1.47 after hard bargain... Grab it before they're all gone

I've seen Mi QLED trust me it's nowhere close to Sony despite what others claim...
I got it for 1.45 from Sony Center, should be able to bargain them down further maybe now they want to clear old stocks

You must have seen mi Qled 55.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

@Appys thanks for sharing the number, will check with Girias

@IonHawk ShopatSC has removed x90H listing altogether, nevertheless, I will check with Sony Center store

@vikrantxtrad I know you are a huge proponent of Mi Q1 ;) , however, I am worried about the life of the product in the long run

@Sandeepthdh In the worst case will go with Tata CliQ, thanks for sharing the link

@IonHawk ShopatSC has removed x90H listing altogether, nevertheless, I will check with Sony Center store

@vikrantxtrad I know you are a huge proponent of Mi Q1 ;) , however, I am worried about the life of the product in the long run

@Sandeepthdh In the worst case will go with Tata CliQ, thanks for sharing the link
Yeah longevity worries me too. I am hoping for the best. Everyone's concern for reliability is totally justified.

Call your local Sony store and check though, might get lucky maybe? Try calling Ahmed - 07760988162, he works at the Sony Center in Kalyan Nagar

https://shopatsc.com/collections/4k...fied-android-led-tv-65x9000h-black-2020-model

the listing still shows , but at an eye watering price...

Call your local Sony store and check though, might get lucky maybe? Try calling Ahmed - 07760988162, he works at the Sony Center in Kalyan Nagar
He was the first one to tell me Sony stopped making them and if any store has a sealed piece just grab it. He infact tried arranging one for me but no luck. :(

Nope my next door neighbor bought it few weeks ago , how would i mistake a 55 inch for a 75 inch. It's VFM no doubt but i wouldn't but the PQ in the same bucket as Sony.
Interesting, I came to just opposite conclusion after spending time with both. Anyways as long as you are happy, it's cool.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back