X900H 65" Judder/Stutter in 24 FPS

Did you notice how the version of TDK and TDKR on Netflix and Prime don't play the IMAX scenes in full screen? I finally popped in my Blu-ray and saw it play in full screen and realised it's not an issue with the TV. Same with Hotstar native app on Android. The Firetv app plays imax scenes in full screen. Weird for sure, but not a TV issue as I was happy to discover :)
Yes I noticed this across all OTT platforms... I'm waiting for PS5 to work as a UHD Blu Ray player...

I watched Interstellar 40+ gb Rip and those IMAX Scenes looked jaw dropping , I can only imagine how well they would look on a proper UHD Disc...

In my opinion the judder issue which seems to be common across all good 4k TV's , this TV is perfect for the price. 120 FPS will be a litmus test but that's gonna take a while considering the poor ration policy of Sony India for PS5

Yes I noticed this across all OTT platforms... I'm waiting for PS5 to work as a UHD Blu Ray player...

I watched Interstellar 40+ gb Rip and those IMAX Scenes looked jaw dropping , I can only imagine how well they would look on a proper UHD Disc...

In my opinion the judder issue which seems to be common across all good 4k TV's , this TV is perfect for the price. 120 FPS will be a litmus test but that's gonna take a while considering the poor ration policy of Sony India for PS5
Oh had forgotten about Interstellar, let me download a rip of that as well. Had done all 3 Batman movies, Inception and Tenet.

@Sandeepthdh Sorry my friend looks like my eyes/brain cant see judder, I watched Avengers twice almost, once on ATV hotstar and once on the hotstar in the TV.
I also watched a documentary - Free Solo, this has lot of panning shots of El Capitan and I cant seem to find it either.

I was looking for stutter all this while, but the motion was smooth
And then I went on to find what judder exactly is and stumbled upon this video - https://www .youtube. com/watch?v=CuEZIJDEQyo

I am sure all of you would have explored this subject in greater depth, however, here is my take -
Since we are talking about 24p content, I will stick to that.

As per this video, its impossible to find judder, at least theoretically because the TV is 120p, and 24, 30, 60 are all multiples of 120p.
You can find judder if 24p was somehow forced to play in 60p on a 120p, this is what ATV does and thats why the Frame rate matching feature in ATV.

The best way, as explained in the video to identify judder (at 1:47) is to play the video they are playing and take a photo of your tv screen with 1 sec exposure time. If there is no judder, all boxes would appear uniform.

And there is another type of judder related to motion interpolation, this can be countered by turning off motion interpolation completely.

PS. This was my first time watching Avengers. No offence to fans, but I am never watching one more Avengers movie again. And Sandeep, you owe me a drink for making me watch twice ;)

@Sandeepthdh Sorry my friend looks like my eyes/brain cant see judder, I watched Avengers twice almost, once on ATV hotstar and once on the hotstar in the TV.
I also watched a documentary - Free Solo, this has lot of panning shots of El Capitan and I cant seem to find it either.

I was looking for stutter all this while, but the motion was smooth
And then I went on to find what judder exactly is and stumbled upon this video - https://www .youtube. com/watch?v=CuEZIJDEQyo

I am sure all of you would have explored this subject in greater depth, however, here is my take -
Since we are talking about 24p content, I will stick to that.

As per this video, its impossible to find judder, at least theoretically because the TV is 120p, and 24, 30, 60 are all multiples of 120p.
You can find judder if 24p was somehow forced to play in 60p on a 120p, this is what ATV does and thats why the Frame rate matching feature in ATV.

The best way, as explained in the video to identify judder (at 1:47) is to play the video they are playing and take a photo of your tv screen with 1 sec exposure time. If there is no judder, all boxes would appear uniform.

And there is another type of judder related to motion interpolation, this can be countered by turning off motion interpolation completely.

PS. This was my first time watching Avengers. No offence to fans, but I am never watching one more Avengers movie again. And Sandeep, you owe me a drink for making me watch twice ;)
Lol , Sure the drinks on me , avengers aint easy to sit through and you did it twice .... I'm unable to access the youtube link you have shared , can you please share it again...

I guess judder is not the right term for me to use , its more of a motion blur but it bothers me a bit... I have been watching one more on average per day and have fiddled with every possible setting i could think off but few scenes the motion is blur , i now curse my eye sight :p

I'm hoping the next firmware update may iron out this issue to some extent let's see... But man i can get over the PQ of this screen :)

Here you go -
Atonement is low res - youtube.com/watch?v=WN_N8pe8UqE&t
Mad max - youtube.com/watch?v=UtjGTrVwRr4 - this entire movie has panning shots and continuous movement, good movie to test motion settings. Its in Prime as well

I understand your scenario, once you see it you cannot un-see these things

Here you go -
Atonement is low res - youtube.com/watch?v=WN_N8pe8UqE&t
Mad max - youtube.com/watch?v=UtjGTrVwRr4 - this entire movie has panning shots and continuous movement, good movie to test motion settings. Its in Prime as well

I understand your scenario, once you see it you cannot un-see these things
Thanks , Let me hunt for Mad Max in 4k. Prime is good once you get taste of 4k HDR its like having tasted blood for the first time:p

Seriously waiting for PS5 to become available , will surely buy few UHD Movie Discs...

Where do you rip from ? All online 4k movie content is restricted to 15 mbps bitrate in my searches.

The PS5 supports Ultra HD Blu Ray playback.

There is very little use in evaluating judder on films that were not shot at anything over 24fps. You will be judging the whole process wrong. Your TV can't make 24fps look better than what it was shot at.

If you want to evaluate true high fps films, look at works of Christopher Nolan and The Hobbit films. For the latter, some of the shots were done at 48fps and the rest as skip frame. Please note that only some scenes on the film are done at 48fps.

A good chunk of the film Gemini Man was done at 120fps. Unfortunately; there is no way to view this content at home.

The PS5 supports Ultra HD Blu Ray playback.

There is very little use in evaluating judder on films that were not shot at anything over 24fps. You will be judging the whole process wrong. Your TV can't make 24fps look better than what it was shot at.

If you want to evaluate true high fps films, look at works of Christopher Nolan and The Hobbit films. For the latter, some of the shots were done at 48fps and the rest as skip frame. Please note that only some scenes on the film are done at 48fps.

A good chunk of the film Gemini Man was done at 120fps. Unfortunately; there is no way to view this content at home.
Thanks , This gives me some solace :)

Well thanks to VPN you can still access few sites to download high Bitrate Rips. Interstellar saw bitrate above 20+ especially in those IMAX shots
If difficult here send me a pm . I really want to put this tv through the paces with a high bitrate signsl and see how it does.

If difficult here send me a pm . I really want to put this tv through the paces with a high bitrate signsl and see how it does.
i dont think i have privilege's yet to send PM , but i still rely on old pirates to give me high bitrate content. the list is not huge but good enough. I'm planning to watch the LORT trilogy this weekend & its close to 200 GB :p

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back