X900H 65" Judder/Stutter in 24 FPS

Interesting, I came to just opposite conclusion after spending time with both. Anyways as long as you are happy, it's cool.
I guess its to do with the screen calibration , I never liked the bright retail mode shown in stores and infact my own TV took a good 100 hour run-in before I saw the screen truly come to life. However for the Price & size MI is worth in its own segment and will out sell sony at the end of the day.

My next target is to get it professionally calibrated through CALMAN but will do it only post VRR firmware update.

I guess its to do with the screen calibration , I never liked the bright retail mode shown in stores and infact my own TV took a good 100 hour run-in before I saw the screen truly come to life. However for the Price & size MI is worth in its own segment and will out sell sony at the end of the day.

My next target is to get it professionally calibrated through CALMAN but will do it only post VRR firmware update.
Yes I have done screen calibration professionally when I got the TV. Out of box picture quality of MI Qled 75 isn't as good as Sony ( obviously). I don't think VRR will come to Sony. Sony is already refunding or giving free upgrade to x90j for the same.

@Maint1234 did this resolve the issue?

I am contemplating on buying the same x900H, Its listed as X9000H in Reliance Digital website, I guess its the same.

However, I cannot live with SOE, and I have not seen the judder in panning shots myself, but based on what you and other explain, I may not be able to live with it.
And based on my research so far (reading through Redit posts) every 120Hz tv will have this issue, however, I dont see this being pointed out in reviews in youtube.
No. Issue still their . A bit worse maybe. But i have the LG cx oled not sony.
Just reconciled to watching good input signals from Netflix, Disney and 4k content on YouTube.
Watched a pirates of the Caribbean in hd quality yesterday and really enjoyed the experience. No stutter , judder , sony level colour reproduction.
The stutter etc is noticable in non sports content also of varying input quality.
What i mean is , 2 movies both labeled hd , might have vastly different pq.

I have news!
First, huge thanks to everyone one who has been supportive in this process.

Got the X90H/X900H from Adishwar yesterday, TV has been hung on the wall, set up and everything looks good.

I guess this was the last piece in Bangalore, nobody has stock of this model, I checked all major stores, Reliance Digital, Croma, Girias, Pai, Unilet and finally found one in Adishwar.
I saw the new models (X90J etc), just arrived, not even unboxed in couple of showrooms. Anyways, based on the reviews and my usage, I would be comfortable with X90H.

Right of the bat I felt brightness too bright, and contrast a little on the lower side.
Anything below HD is unwatchable. I did not notice a lot of SOE a lot, its there in bits and pieces.
UI is a bit all over the place for my liking and remote is huge, will continue to use the Apple TV for now.
You will need good audio system to complement the picture quality, I am sure everyone in HFV will have one :)

All in all the TV is good, all the glorious reviews are justified.

I have news!

Got the X90H/X900H from Adishwar yesterday, TV has been hung on the wall, set up and everything looks good.

I guess this was the last piece in Bangalore, nobody has stock of this model, I checked all major stores, Reliance Digital, Croma, Girias, Pai, Unilet and finally found one in Adishwar.
I saw the new models (X90J etc), just arrived, not even unboxed in couple of showrooms. Anyways, based on the reviews and my usage, I would be comfortable with X90H.

Right of the bat I felt brightness too bright, and contrast a little on the lower side.
Anything below HD is unwatchable. I did not notice a lot of SOE a lot, its there in bits and pieces.
UI is a bit all over the place for my liking and remote is huge, will continue to use the Apple TV for now.
You will need good audio system to complement the picture quality, I am sure everyone in HFV will have one :)

size?price?

I have news!

Congratulations.
1.Non- HD content is unwatchable on anything greater than 50 inch.
2. FALDs are very bright for SDR content. I too did find x900h to have low contrast but maybe there will some settings to increase it.
3. Android UI is rendered at 1080p so it is disliked by many including me.

X90h is great purchase and one of the the best bet if you can't get an OLED. Great purchase for gaming too.
Left one is the x900h

Attachments

• IMG_20210719_143216.jpg
    IMG_20210719_143216.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I have news!

Awesome , Glad you managed to find the last one before its gone forever. I would suggest give it a week to hang on the TV. It can get too bright or too dark and irrespective of what settings people suggest in the end you will have to change it as per your taste. For me i stick to Custom 90% of the time and switch to Cinema when I'm playing a 4k file from External SSD. Non HD content upscaling depends on the source and cant blame the TV Completely...

for SOE , Under motinflow select custom and set the smoothness to Zero.

I have a request since you have apple TV , can you please check if the judder exist as described by me in the first page. If apple TV's frame matching works well i will pick up the new Apple TV box immediately... All i need is the judder fix and I'm set...

size?price?

Got the 65" for 1.45 lakhs, from Adishwar

for SOE , Under motinflow select custom and set the smoothness to Zero.

I have a request since you have apple TV , can you please check if the judder exist as described by me in the first page. If apple TV's frame matching works well i will pick up the new Apple TV box immediately... All i need is the judder fix and I'm set...

I might need some education here, or Im insensitive to judder.

I am using youtube 4k and HD, I cant find judder both in Sony App and in ATV - with frame rate matching turned on and off.
For some reason, with the same picture settings, Sony's native youtube app has more vibrant and unnatural colors compared to ATV' youtube.

I tried the scene in Atonement -
And Madmax -

I will check the suggested motionflow settings, I guess I have it at low, cant remember.

Let me know if you see judder in any particular video in youtube, Prime, Hotstar. I dont have a Netflix account

Got the 65" for 1.45 lakhs, from Adishwar

I might need some education here, or Im insensitive to judder.

I am using youtube 4k and HD, I cant find judder both in Sony App and in ATV - with frame rate matching turned on and off.
For some reason, with the same picture settings, Sony's native youtube app has more vibrant and unnatural colors compared to ATV' youtube.

I tried the scene in Atonement -
And Madmax -

I will check the suggested motionflow settings, I guess I have it at low, cant remember.

Let me know if you see judder in any particular video in youtube, Prime, Hotstar. I dont have a Netflix account
Considering this suddenly became a hot TV 1.45 is a pretty good deal :)

Judder is not much of an issue in Proper 4K HDR , but normal 4K or upscaled 1080p content is the issue.

on Hotstar try watching the first avengers , you will notice loads of judder during the end fight sequence. on youtube its a bit hard to see judder because the encoding itself is a bit weird , on youtube my issue is more to do with colour banding than judder.

however I'm very curious to see if the same content plays better on ATV... also try looking for 24p content and see if they play differently on Sony vs ATV....

it took me close to 3 weeks to get a grip of Picture settings and still learning few things every now & then but custom & Cinema are the only two i currently switch in between. Once i lay my hands on a PS5 i will fiddle with the settings a little more.

is the 55er also in the gone forever category? I was willing to wait till diwali and then snag it up..Btw does this TV also support imax enhanced?
X900H doesnt have a specific picture mode called IMAX but when you play pure IMAX content from good source you will see the difference. the TV just lights up , I watched Dark knight rises IMAX version and it was one heck of an experience. The new Wonder Woman in IMAX looked gorgeous

Judder is not much of an issue in Proper 4K HDR , but normal 4K or upscaled 1080p content is the issue.

on Hotstar try watching the first avengers , you will notice loads of judder during the end fight sequence. on youtube its a bit hard to see judder because the encoding itself is a bit weird , on youtube my issue is more to do with colour banding than judder.

however I'm very curious to see if the same content plays better on ATV... also try looking for 24p content and see if they play differently on Sony vs ATV....

it took me close to 3 weeks to get a grip of Picture settings and still learning few things every now & then but custom & Cinema are the only two i currently switch in between. Once i lay my hands on a PS5 i will fiddle with the settings a little more.
Does it have dirty screen effect? Sony has little complaints wrt DSE that's why I ask. Samsung is guilty of many panels with this issue.

Will check the Avengers for sure.

How can you be certain that the content you are watching is 24p, is it just guess work? Because even if we knew that a movie was shot in 24p (almost all movies are shot in 24p) apps can change it based on their encoding, right?

You can also force ATV to play at 24p, I will check with this setting as well.

X900H doesnt have a specific picture mode called IMAX but when you play pure IMAX content from good source you will see the difference. the TV just lights up , I watched Dark knight rises IMAX version and it was one heck of an experience. The new Wonder Woman in IMAX looked gorgeous
Did you notice how the version of TDK and TDKR on Netflix and Prime don't play the IMAX scenes in full screen? I finally popped in my Blu-ray and saw it play in full screen and realised it's not an issue with the TV. Same with Hotstar native app on Android. The Firetv app plays imax scenes in full screen. Weird for sure, but not a TV issue as I was happy to discover :)

When you say proper 4K HDR, what do you mean? I don't consider anything other than Ultra HD Blu Ray to be 4K HDR.

Before you head down the road with an Apple TV, plug your laptop in and check for the problem.

Motion is hard to get right on just about any TV. The trouble is, the more we spend on the TV, the less we pay attention to the source being played. Nobody knows the compressions level of the source input and this leads to all sorts of problems or us thinking that the TV is at fault.

Did you notice how the version of TDK and TDKR on Netflix and Prime don't play the IMAX scenes in full screen? I finally popped in my Blu-ray and saw it play in full screen and realised it's not an issue with the TV. Same with Hotstar native app on Android. The Firetv app plays imax scenes in full screen. Weird for sure, but not a TV issue as I was happy to discover :)
Do netflix and prime have content labeled Imax? I thought it was limited to recently launched bravia core or something exclusive to usa

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back