Xbox 360 Kinect pre-order ... anybody?

sonic_nirvana

Hi, did anybody pre-ordered the Kinect from Microsoft store India web site? They told that they will deliver it on or before 19th Nov, but the status still showing Undelivered. Does anybody has a different experience ?

Thanks
Satya

Amazon lists the same (new) for $350. I have pre-ordered it from MS India (Microsoftstore.co.in) for 23,000/-.
As Xbox's console's harware failure rate is high, I didn't explored the option of getting it from US. I feel it is too risky.
Anyway, with pre-order from MS India site, I am getting Dance Central game for free ($47) and a T-shirt from Puma.
Also 25% discount on Sports Active 2 (It's kind of Wii Fit with some extra accesories). It is yet to be released and is priced $97. So 25% discount on this make it very close to US price.

EDIT : Important : I think, the extra goodies (Dance Central, T-Shirt and Discount) are not available if one purchases directly from MS web site. I got this offer from MS with a unique coupen code to apply at checkout (may bcoz I am a MSDN subscriber?, not sure). So please double check about offers.

Thanks
Satya

Last edited:
Hi Satya,

Any idea if the motion controller alone is available?
and at what price?

I already have kinect ready console.
bought it for 20,800/- few months back.

From Microsoft India web site, it is priced at 10,000/-. If you apply the promocode at check out, you will get some extra freebies as below

"Please note that by using your unique promo code, you have been entitled for 20% discount voucher from Starwood on food and beverages, T Shirt from PUMA and Kinect adventure live card. Your freebies will also reach you along with your order"

Thanks
Satya

Okk, my xbox+kinect got delivered. I can't wait to go home. This weekend will be a lot fun. :yahoo:

Guys from our company took it home yesterday and were greatly pleased expect for the voice command recognition part. It is aparently blocked for the indian region. (!!)

I saw Kinect at PlanetM Sarjapur Road, Total Mall (Bangalore). The best offer he is giving is 30K which includes Xbox 250GB and Kinect Adventure.

hi
The XBOX 360 4Gb that comes with the Kinect bundle offer is available for INR 23K (5% cash back if you shop with Mastercard) in Gurgaon Reliance Digital store. U get Kinect Adventure alongwith the package in the same price.

The 4Gb is internal flash... this does not have HDD. You can connect external HDD thru front side USB.

The drive is a Region 5 DVD drive.. the one that is sold in India.
there's no BlueRay drive capability.. but it will play DVD and CD and play media files from either the DVD or the USB HDD...
hope this helps...

to be honest I am not sure.. I have two XBOX kinect game DVDs. Kinect Adventure and the other is Dance Central... so far have not hit a memory issue while saving game data.. I have turned off the photo and video feature of the games.

Not tried to download from XBOX Live yet. But I saw that the Demo games are typically .3 to .5Gb .. few are ~1 Gb.

I was told by the store guy that I can connect a USB external drive and download and store games there.. But I am not sure if that would work or XBOX would expect games to be launched from the internal flash always..
wonder if anyone else here can clarify...

are all popular xbox games title now in dvd (I think earlier they were in hd-dvd).

Pls tell me the top games that I can negotiate for as a freebie with the 4gb console.

are all popular xbox games title now in dvd (I think earlier they were in hd-dvd).

Pls tell me the top games that I can negotiate for as a freebie with the 4gb console.

halo
fable
gears of war
red dead redemption
nfs
cricket
fifa
golf

try getting the latest versions of these games..
and as many games as possible..

what about call of duty?
The person at music world was giving a harry potter game free and I said wtf, give me a halo :) He refused. Will try again.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back