Xbox 360 live help

ssps

I am going to buy xbox 360 console with kinect from US. Please clarify my doubts ..

1. I understand that we have to buy indian power adapter , Does kinect needs indian adapter too ??

2. Only games bought from US or NTSC will work right ??

3. Will there be any problem in playing on Indian tv because of NTSC , I have samsung series 6 lcd tv.

4. Can i play games which i buy fron xbox live indian account ? Are they region locked ?

5. Without modding can i download games to external HDD from xbox live , I am thinking of getting a 4gb console .

Thanks.

I am going to buy xbox 360 console with kinect from US. Please clarify my doubts ..
1. I understand that we have to buy indian power adapter , Does kinect needs indian adapter too ??
3. Will there be any problem in playing on Indian tv because of NTSC , I have samsung series 6 lcd tv.
4. Can i play games which i buy fron xbox live indian account ? Are they region locked ?
5. Without modding can i download games to external HDD from xbox live , I am thinking of getting a 4gb console .
Thanks.

1. You can buy adapter for Xbox by calling microsoft india supprt. It will cost you around 4100/-. And you can directly connect the Kinect to Xbox 360 using USB cable supplied, no need of adapter there. If you are buying Kinect bundle it will come only with USB cable. If you buy Kinect separately it comes with USB as well as adapter. The Kinect adapter supports 110-240V. So if you are planning to use Kinect on your PC for some experimentation, buy Kinect separately.

2. Yes only NTSC game discs will work on Xbox bought from US.

3. No issue connecting to LCDs. All modernt TVs support NTSC/PAL both.

4. The games you buy on Xbox live are directly downloaded on your Xbox. Downloaded games are not NTSC/PAL specific. Only games that you play using discs are NTSC/PAL. So no issues with downloaded games.

5. I am not very sure but i think you can not download to external HDD. I think Xbox supports USB upto 16 or 32 GB. I suggest you buy 250 GB console. Better install all games to HDD before playing on discs. Reduces disc wear and its also smooth on ur disc drive.

I have Xbox 360 + Kinect bought from US, so all this is from my personal experience.

Thanks.

I have an original Indian XBOX 360 Adapter lying idle in perfect condition as my xbox has been out of order. I can sale it for Rs.2100. pm me if you are interested.

For downloading games from xbox live, you have two options other than the built in memory. First you can use a USB stick upto 32gb.

Second you can add a hard disk too but you'll need to buy the xbox hard disk sold by Microsoft only (should be easily available in local market or else you can order it online from amazon or ebay etc).

So if you, like me, aren't really sure if you intend to download too many games, you can go with the cheap 4gb version and use a cheap usb stick for now. Later on if you feel like you need more, you can always buy the external xbox hdd. But if you are sure you'll be downloading a lot of games, then it'll be better to go with the 250gb version only.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back