xover question?

manu4panjab

hey brothers this is what i do for vtf2mk3 ,i set its xover switch to 'in' and its xover knob to max (it has 90hz max xover setting) and in avr xover to 80hz is it right or wrong

hey brothers this is what i do for vtf2mk3 ,i set its xover switch to 'in' and its xover knob to max (it has 90hz max xover setting) and in avr xover to 80hz is it right or wrong

if you set XO at 80 for AVr, it will feed everything below 80Hz to the sub. So it won't do any damage if you set XO of your Sub at 90Hz. However the won't play anything between 80-90 Hz because it will not receive any signals between 80 and 90Hz. anyway ,In that case you are not going to miss any note because everything above 80 will be played by other speakers.

If you keep it other way round ( Sub XO at 80 and and AVR XO at 90) you will miss the notes between 80 and 90.Because Sub will play everything below 80 and other speakers will play everything above 90. You will miss the notes between 80 and 90Hz

Hope this helps.

Manu, I think you have asked this question before!

generally, as a rule of thumb, you need to set the AVR crossover frequency according to the response of the speakers designated as "small". for eg - your centre speaker has a response upto 60hz, and is set to small you need to set the AVR crossover at 60+Hz, preferably 70hz or 80hz. this will send all sounds below this frequency from the small speakers to the sub. any speakers set as large will not be affected.

as for your sub, since it handles the LFE channel apart from the redirected bass, and the LFE channel has lot of information even above 100hz, you should bypass the sub crossover (in your case it may mean setting the crossover to out) or set it as high as possible if it is not bypassable.

cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back