Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) Owners Thread

Hi Guys,
Am planning to buy Xtreamer Side Winder with USB Antenna. But the news is it is out of stock till December 3rd week.. :mad: :sad:

I have a few queries which can be answered by the owners..

--> I have an AVR (Harmon Kardon AVR 133) which doesnt have HDMI in it. So am planning to connect the HDMI out from Xtreamer to my LCD (Samsung) directly. I have home theatre. So the optical out of Xtreamer will be connected to my AVR . I am concerned if the above set up would be apt or there would be a lag between the audio and video..

--> My AVR doesnt support DTS HD and Dolby HD so if i play any of these content, will Xtreamer downmix to DTS so that my AVR would be able to play it?

--> Say if i have an Xtreamer Pro and if i play a content which has DTS HD will my AVR downmix by default or it will not be able to play it. I took Xtreamer Pro into consideration as it has support for HD pass through.

Thanks in advance
Nagharajan
Pune

With all regards to nv.trading, I got reply from him. What I expected was a discount or something like that. On ebay Xtreamer Pro is available for 12990/-. But what I got in reply was the procedure and a reference back to the site. Well, I knew the site and their contact address.

Point is that how can anyone sell at a price less than that of the company. Company price (13500+400/-) and the seller price (12990+free). The company is not offering any discount as its evident.

eBay India: Xtreamer Pro HDD Media Player with NAS and WiFi support (item 260695710671 end time 27-Nov-2010 14:28:05 IST)

ok guys, booked Xtreamer Pro with USB antenna. Promised that it would be shipped tonight. I am thankful to all of you for helping me choose Xtreamer. I am also thankful to Santhol 2 for introducing me to nv trading and finally thankful to nv trading for helping me out in this deal.

Now waiting for package to arrive. :yahoo:

Last edited:
ok guys, booked Xtreamer Pro with USB antenna. Promised that it would be shipped tonight. I am thankful to all of you for helping me choose Xtreamer. I am also thankful to Santhol 2 for introducing me to nv trading and finally thankful to nv trading for helping me out in this deal.

Now waiting for package to arrive. :yahoo:

Thank you for your order. :)

Yours products have already been delivered at the given address at 3:48PM.

Regards.

@greentree, my responses are in bold.

--> I have an AVR (Harmon Kardon AVR 133) which doesnt have HDMI in it. So am planning to connect the HDMI out from Xtreamer to my LCD (Samsung) directly. I have home theatre. So the optical out of Xtreamer will be connected to my AVR . I am concerned if the above set up would be apt or there would be a lag between the audio and video.No. It'll work fine. Dont worry.

--> My AVR doesnt support DTS HD and Dolby HD so if i play any of these content, will Xtreamer downmix to DTS so that my AVR would be able to play it? Yes, it will.

--> Say if i have an Xtreamer Pro and if i play a content which has DTS HD will my AVR downmix by default or it will not be able to play it. I took Xtreamer Pro into consideration as it has support for HD pass through.The HD audio output of XP cannot be passed on to your AVR thru optical/coaxial connection. Since there is no HDMI input in the AVR, it cannot receive HD Audio signals from any source. Even if there was such a connection, your AVR cannot decode the HD Audio codecs. However, the solution is that XP can downmix HD Audio to basic DD/DTS which can be passed on to the AVR thru optical, so you'll be good to go.

hi dear,

this is abhishek kumar from delhi. i want to know that when can we buy the Ixtreamer in india and what is the price range for that ? please reply asap thanks.

IMO he is asking about iXtreamer and not Xtreamer. I dont think its available in India yet. Nothing on their site. Still you can get in touch with them. Better you contact nv trading here on HFV. He is really helpful.

Yes. They are same models.

not much knowledge on the extreamer

i guess in the xtreamer at the first link ,the Antenna is missing ,hope thats not an issue as am not into streaming and downloading .
update me if i will miss out on anything if i go in for the model without the Antenna , i guess it cud be added at a latter date if needed

i guess in the xtreamer at the first link ,the Antenna is missing ,hope thats not an issue as am not into streaming and downloading .
update me if i will miss out on anything if i go in for the model without the Antenna , i guess it cud be added at a latter date if needed
Your approach is right, you don't need the antenna and can order later if needed. But if you have a laptop that you use wirelessly to connect to your home network..then use the one provided with xtreamer. I use it with my laptop and get a strong signal throughout my house. It is much better than many commerically available ones.

Its not missing, I would say antenna is not included in the offer. Its a USB antenna and can be purchased any time you feel its required. You can even see below the ad the antenna is shown as also being purchased by people who bought the item.

Its not missing, I would say antenna is not included in the offer. Its a USB antenna and can be purchased any time you feel its required. You can even see below the ad the antenna is shown as also being purchased by people who bought the item.

no what i meant was on the features

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back