Yamaha 583 + Heco 302

Hello all,

I'm in market to start my hometheater journey(mostly to watch movies and TV shows). I want to start with a decent receiver and bookshelves for front L,R. I visited a showroom here in Hyderabad and they've quoted 41k for Yamaha 583 and suggested me Heco 302 to go with the amp for ~20k.

For the initial setup I only have ~60k budget. So, I'm going with AV+2.0 instead of going for a sub par 5.0 setup. Am I dong this right?

Additionally, is this a good combo or can I do better for this budget?

Thanks in advance!

How big is your room? For a 20k budget plenty of options are there. Look at Boston acoustics,Wharfedale, Dali zensor series. Also taga séem to be a popular choice. Must audition.

Hello all,

I'm in market to start my hometheater journey(mostly to watch movies and TV shows). I want to start with a decent receiver and bookshelves for front L,R. I visited a showroom here in Hyderabad and they've quoted 41k for Yamaha 583 and suggested me Heco 302 to go with the amp for ~20k.

For the initial setup I only have ~60k budget. So, I'm going with AV+2.0 instead of going for a sub par 5.0 setup. Am I dong this right?

Additionally, is this a good combo or can I do better for this budget?

Thanks in advance!
Sent PM to you check and revert

How big is your room? For a 20k budget plenty of options are there. Look at Boston acoustics,Wharfedale, Dali zensor series. Also taga séem to be a popular choice. Must audition.

My room size is 25x12. Do you suggest any particular model from the brands you've mentioned?

Heco 302( very underrated German brand in India) is a very Good Bookshelf Speaker at 20k in my opinion, It matched to B&W in my audition at Vector Systems, Also you can safely consider smaller Floor standers for your Room size , especially if you are planning for a Sequential upgrade.
as suggested BA 26 is another good option or Wharfdales selling at a discount in Hifimart or Polk Rti A3 are another options.

Heco 302( very underrated German brand in India) is a very Good Bookshelf Speaker at 20k in my opinion, It matched to B&W in my audition at Vector Systems, Also you can safely consider smaller Floor standers for your Room size , especially if you are planning for a Sequential upgrade.
as suggested BA 26 is another good option or Wharfdales selling at a discount in Hifimart or Polk Rti A3 are another options.
I might move to a different city soon and I don't think the living room will be as big as this one. Moreover, i'm crossing my budget with BS as we speak so, FS are not an option for me I'm afraid.

Heco 302 are priced at 20k and BA 26's are going on sale for 15.5k on Amazon.in, I'm thinking to save extra 5k (for a center speaker down the line) and pull the trigger on BA 26. I've auditioned Heco 302 and they sounded pretty good. Will BA 26 match them?

The heco you are being sold are grey market, no way they are for 20k. I know exactly whom you are talking about as this person smuggles in goods from singapore. he has been desperately trying to liquidate this stock for a while now hence dropping the prices to get rid of them.

The heco you are being sold are grey market, no way they are for 20k. I know exactly whom you are talking about as this person smuggles in goods from singapore. he has been desperately trying to liquidate this stock for a while now hence dropping the prices to get rid of them.
Are you telling that the price is too high or too low? I've checked few Europe based sites and they all seem to sell it for ~18k a pair.

Hi

Check HifiMart for speakers and other sites like HTstore.in or Sayhifi.com

If you visit Profx, they deal with Yamaha and Polk speakers (RTiA series Bookshelf)......audition...profx usually ropes in 10% discount...you need to demand for it.....

Pulled the trigger on BA 26. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Should I upgrade this to 2.1 or 3.0 in future or move BA 26 to rear and get a better pair of fronts? What do you think be my priority? I mostly watch movies and TV shows.

Should I upgrade this to 2.1 or 3.0 in future or move BA 26 to rear and get a better pair of fronts? What do you think be my priority? I mostly watch movies and TV shows.
I would suggest getting a subwoofer first especially when movies are a priority. Congratulations on the speakers purchase. So try different placements with the speakers , away from the wall. Perhaps think of getting stand's for them. Have fun.

Congratulations,
Buy a decent Subwoofer and a good Center Speaker if Movies are a priority.

From 2.0, move to 3.0 & then add a subwoofer to make it 3.1..

Get the smaller BA23 (or) BA25 for surrounds..

Got the AMP and speakers. Satisfied with the sound quality.
Only issue is that the dialogues are too faint and effects are too loud on stereo mode. Tried dynamic volume and different speaker positions but with no luck. I think I should get a center speaker ASAP. Is 225c my only option for center? I understand the importance of Center speaker in a HT system and want to make sure that I'm getting a good one.

Yep. 225c should be perfect. Congrats on the purchase. Which avr did you get?

Only issue is that the dialogues are too faint and effects are too loud on stereo mode.

Since you have only 2 speakers, the entire 5/7.1 movie is down-mixed to 2.0 and hence not ideal results.. Stereo mode? you must ideally see DTS / Dolby on AVR display..

Tried dynamic volume and different speaker positions but with no luck.

If the Audyssey curve is set to to "reference", try changing it to "Flat".. Also Disable Dynamic EQ..

I think I should get a center speaker ASAP.

Adding a center channel, can lift the movie experience to a large extent..

Is 225c my only option for center? I understand the importance of Center speaker in a HT system and want to make sure that I'm getting a good one.

You can add an other single BA26 as center itself.. But that is possible only if you get a single BS speaker.. Otherwise, same series center.. 225 should be a match..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back