Yamaha AVR owners thread

hi Baiju..
I did as santy told..and even given in sub manual...
I connected front left and front right speaker wires to sub LINE IN..
so right now sacrificed fronts..
but at least my sub is working fine..
but now what?
what should I do for permanent remedy?

WOW....Its working...Thanks a lot....I am so much relieved...
now what?
should i get better cable or what?

Glad to know it buddy. So now the sub is ok. The problem areas could be:
1. There's no LFE output from the AVR: Please check and try activating the sub again on the AVR settings. Play only movies with DTS to check.
2. Try changing the RCA cable. A single RCA to RCA should be sufficient. If you get a single to double RCA, it would be better.
3. If the above two fails, then probably the line-in input of the sub is not working. You may have to give a ring to the dealer/ service centre.

I connected front left and front right speaker wires to sub LINE IN..
hey don't give me a shock. :D That would fry the amp inside the sub. You had actually connected to SPEAKER LEVEL IN on the sub in this test.

Naimesh when I did my YAPO setup,my sub level was adjusted to +10.Secondly when there are 2 sub out,make sure you connect to correct sub out OR use 'Y' connector.
Many has reported that Yamaha Sub out has lower level than other AVR.
I hope you have not connected sub to multich in sub socket by mistake.

Naimesh when I did my YAPO setup,my sub level was adjusted to +10.Secondly when there are 2 sub out,make sure you connect to correct sub out OR use 'Y' connector.
Many has reported that Yamaha Sub out has lower level than other AVR.
I hope you have not connected sub to multich in sub socket by mistake.
frankly I connected to multich sub socket on first instance but rectified when i saw figure in manual..
my receiver has 2 sub woofer outs..I connected to first one..tried second one for checking..not worked either...
not used Y connector? IS it must?
will try by adjusting sub level to +10..kept it 0 (default)
still I think it should work with normal 3 color RCA cable, isn't it?
what cable you people use?

Expensive interconnects are not needed for this basic package.
Try this. Its a digital cable but should do more than enough. It has better shielding so external noise wont bother. I was about to buy it but then one of hfv member bought MX cable directly from store.

good option...will it work?
As it is coaxial digital SPDIF cable..not written for subwoofer..

Its not written for media player or bluray player also.. but you agree it will work?
Do not worry, it will. There's no much of difference between RCA and Coax except the later is precisely matched for impedance (75ohm) and has better shielding and thicker core.

In continuation of my earlier post wherein I have said that I have written to Yamaha about the compatibility of DTS-HD-MA audio format in 471, I got a reply after a long wait. I am glad that what I expected has been confirmed officially::yahoo: So now I have to either change my media player or wait till they release an upgrade to bit-stream DTSMA

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: Santy***
Sent: Wednesday, 16 November 2011 3:05 PM
Subject: FW: RE: Product Support [ ref:00D15HEf.500176RBF:ref ]

Dear Santy***

After consulting with our technical team, it is understood that RX-V471 supports DTS HD Master Audio format. The Logo that is used is based on licenses and guidelines provided by DTS to Yamaha.

Thank you

Yamaha Customer Support

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 11/11/2011 12:13 PM
To: Santy***
Subject: RE: Product Support [ ref:00D15HEf.500176RBF:ref ]

Dear Santy***:

Our apologies for the delay. We are working on your query and forwarded your question to our technical Department.

We shall revert to you once we get the information.

Thank You for your cooperation

Yamaha Customer Support

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 11/7/2011 12:27 PM
Subject: Product Support

Hi
I have a query. In the product description/ features of 471, it is mentioned that it supports DTS-HDMA whereas the logo of DTS-HD only is seen.

It is mentioned under "Audio features" as "HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio" and also under Specifications as "DTS-HD Master Audio : YES".

So why there is a confusion? Does it really encode DTS-HD MA or only the core is played? If it does not decode Master Audio, then what is played is DTS HD or DTS? If it encodes MA then why their logo is not used?

Please give correct information to all my queries after consulting with your technical team. A lot of guys across forums are getting confused and this information is vital for them to take a decision to buy.

Thanks in advance.

Santy***

Thanks for this information. Many prospective buyers will benefit this. Rather than an HD media player, please consider HTPC as your upgrade. I just upgraded to HTPC and it is better than media player.

sir,
I am also searching for good media player(and cheap too) which essentially decode or at least pass through DTS HD MA and dolby true HD..My receiver decodes both so I think just pass through will do..
I know you purchased himedia 600 and now sold it..
what I wanted to ask is how much does it cost to set HTPC and how easy to set up for non technical guys like me?and how it is better than media player?
what do you suggest?
Rather than an HD media player, please consider HTPC as your upgrade. I just upgraded to HTPC and it is better than media player.

I recently auditioned the yamaha RX v671 amplifier and yamahs NS-F105 speakers. i literally was in love with that. in fact i wanted to audition the wharfedale diamond 9.5 tower speaerks. having seen this, i really doubt whether i need to check those.

Can anyone confirm the price for the above receiver and speaker package in chennai.

sir,
I am also searching for good media player(and cheap too) which essentially decode or at least pass through DTS HD MA and dolby true HD..My receiver decodes both so I think just pass through will do..
I know you purchased himedia 600 and now sold it..
what I wanted to ask is how much does it cost to set HTPC and how easy to set up for non technical guys like me?and how it is better than media player?
what do you suggest?

HTPC is costlier than media player. But it will play any video and audio formats and is highly configurable. It cost me appx. 12K excluding HDD. If you already have a PC, then you can convert it to HTPC by adding a suitable graphics card and remote control for around 4K.

Here is an approximate breakup of the cost:

Mother board - Gigabyte E350 - Rs. 7050/-
Memory - Corsair 4GB - Rs. 1100/-
Cabinet CM Elite 100 - Rs. 3400/-

It was my first PC assembling and was very easy. I use Windows 7 and XBMC for playback. There are many threads on HTPC. But if you want I will open a new thread with pics showing step by step installation.

So relief for Santy, time to get better source.
By the way,Panasonic BDP from UK amazone available with free shipping.

I got 667 from US and using maxine 1kva voltage transformer.
i am thinking of changing the PSU as per Indian standards (220V) and thereby called up yamaha service center. They replied it can be done and asked me to bring the avr...now am a bit reluctant about the result...

can anybody suggest me whether is it a good idea??? what issues could i face?

thanx for the thread :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back