Yamaha p2500s

prepress

Dear Friends, Today I have visited to a dealer who deals in Marantz, Denon, Klipsch, Yamaha, Rotel etc.

But I tested YAMAHA P2500S Power Amp with JBL commercial speakers (We used PHONIC Mixer as a pre-amp-Bass-Treble-Mid controls are there).

http://www.bswusa.com/Images/Product_Images/yama_p2500s.jpg?width=1100&height=800&scale=both

It sounds amazing and quality was very clean (at any volume level), throw was awesome.

Not found this performance in any other YAMAHA Integrated Amplifier (A-S500, 700 and 2000)

Should I go for it for home uses? Please help, you can read reviews too.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:
Yes if you are opening a disco at home..on reading the reviews this looks like an amp for public places.

Stereo mode: 4 ohms, 310 watts RMS x 2
Stereo mode: 8 ohms, 250 watts RMS x 2

Thats a hell lot of power, why would you want it for home ? It may sound good due to the amount of power, but check with various types of music. Check with some music with a lot of instruments like Yanni.

I think its better to get an integrated amp which has a better finish and remote etc. for the same price. You can get CA 650 or Yamaha AS 500.

Hi Sachin, Thanks for your reply.

I am using Yamaha A-S500 doesn't sound great like I want it should be. A-S500 has Mids and Highs are more than the crystal clear prefect frequencies. Some times it sound better in Pure Direct Mode, but then I feel it need more power to push (throw) the the speaker to get loud.

e.g. In YAMAHA P2500S if we listen ghazals it seems we are in live consert with high Wattage sound stage.

I am using Yamaha A-S500 doesn't sound great like I want it should be. A-S500 has Mids and Highs are more than the crystal clear prefect frequencies. Some times it sound better in Pure Direct Mode, but then I feel it need more power to push (throw) the the speaker to get loud.

e.g. In YAMAHA P2500S if we listen ghazals it seems we are in live consert with high Wattage sound stage.

Sorry for OT - I can see a technics equalizer in your signature, so do you use it in between your source and A-S500?
What benefit do you see in using it in the chain?

My father had a locally built 11+11 equalizer and we used it for almost 10 years during the audio cassette era, but not used now after switching to CD's / music from computer.

Yes, I use Techinics Equalizer sometime for the songs (early 70's-80's) which need more high and low frequencies, some need to down vocal part-mids. But mostly I never use it.

Thanks

If you heard this amp in the showroom it will definitely sound better than your current setup since the showroom source + speakers were good. You are attributing the improvement to only the amp which is not correct. In your current setup only your amp is decent. Your source and speakers are not even budget audiophile equipment.

Do this. Get a IPOD Dock and good speakers. Your audio experience will take a quantum leap.

Yes, I agree and that's why I am planning to change my complete setup. I checked this A-S500 in showroom and it was good. But I am looking for pro quality perfect frequencies.

I am planning to buy YAMAHA P2500S or P3000S with Phonic MX300 mixer as preamp. Definitely I have to upgrade the speakers too. So I am considering about JBL Full Range (small in size) speakers.

Any thoughts?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back