Yamaha RX-A1010 vs Marantz SR6006?

porcupinetree

Hi Everyone,

I needed a bit of help choosing between Yamaha RX-A1010 and Marantz SR6006. Would listen to music and watch movies in the ratio 50-50 (basically trying to get the best of both worlds :eek:hyeah: ). I wouldn't mind shelling out a little more if its worth the money. Looking at 7 channel specifically. Kindly put in your thoughts/feedback on the above products (or any other from Marantz and Yamaha)

Thanks

Yamaha will be my personal choice.Its 50-50 for movies/music.Marantz is better for music.

What he(Spirovious) said ... and very well known fact here that marantz is good for music:D

A Yamaha owner like me would be very much inclined on a Yamaha Aventage Series :) I have only heard Marantz 6006 once for about 15 minutes during my audition tour around my city and heard the 1010 for about an hour which surely appealed to me.. Features are dependent on your requirement/ need and future plans :). Also check for service centers if you can get any for Marantz .. Yamaha's got a Service center in almost every major city I think..:rolleyes:
Have an audition for your final verdict is my suggestion...

Last edited:
for Movies:Music 50:50 definitely Yamaha. The Aventage series even better. On other thoughts it also depends on the speakers you will be using. based on my auditions and listening experience Yamahas have a slightly bright sound signature as compared to Marantzs, i.e. Marantz sounds more laid back and warm. Aventage might be a little more warm sounding. But pairing it with some warm sounding/laid back speakers should be a good combo.

Aventage series are a very refined & neutral sounding, Marantz 6006 would sound bright compared to it, so 1st decide what speakers you will pair & 2nd take demo of the pairing after which you finalise on which you like more.

For 50:50 ratio, both AVR's are good so either way you will be winner

:)

I will be pairing this with mains (left and right) with B&W DM603. I am planning to buy B&W center speakers too. Yet to decide on surround speakers :)

Aventage series are a very refined & neutral sounding, Marantz 6006 would sound bright compared to it, so 1st decide what speakers you will pair & 2nd take demo of the pairing after which you finalise on which you like more.

For 50:50 ratio, both AVR's are good so either way you will be winner

:)

hehehe.. I might have to agree to this ... because me and another forum member were auditioning the pair of Klipsch Rf-82s which I own now :yahoo: they were harsh when played with Denon and not so much while singing for a Yamaha RX-A1010 in a different room ....but we blamed it on the glass wall entirely... but going back to the first time I went the speakers were auditioned using a Yamaha and they were not so harsh in the same glass wall setting. I assumed I remembered wrongly .. but may be not :D

Yamaha will be my personal choice.Its 50-50 for movies/music.Marantz is better for music.

I will be pairing this with mains (left and right) with B&W DM603. I am planning to buy B&W center speakers too. Yet to decide on surround speakers :)

With the 603 (which I find bright in general) I'd take the warmer of the 2. I don't find Yamaha warm, I find the Aventage natural (almost like Yamaha stole the timbre of their A-S series Integrated amps). Marantz is a bit lush. People like both and given speakers that complement I have enjoyed listening to both brands.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back