Yamaha yht-2910 or onkyo 3700

heman_idle

Hello friends,

I am new to HifiVision and this is my first post.

I am from madanapalle and planning to buy a good home theater system for my room. This would be my first one!!

My budget is around 50k

I've narrowed it down to two choices :
Onkyo HT-S3700 :
Yamaha YHT-2910 : YHT-1810 - Home Theater Packages - Yamaha - India

I see that Onkyo binds a lot of technologies within its AVR(HT-R393), when comapared to the Yamaha AVR But, as a general comparision, I've seen reviews regarding the quality of Onkyo products like over heating of AVR, cable quality, etc.

Are there any other HT packages out there, which are better in the price range mentioned?

Main purpose of buying Home theater for Listening Music 70% and Movie 30%..

So friends please suggest me a better one.

Hi

Check out Pioneer / Denon / Harmon Kardon...etc....you may need to possibly stretch your budget slightly......

If budget is indeed a challenge, see the For Sale by Owner section or Hifi Ads....something will be available

Hi

The bass is decent enough unless you are planning to make the place a DISCO and want room vibrating bass!

Good powerful speakers will cost more and so will the AVR.....Marantz / Pioneer LX series etc are high end ones which are awesome....

For a decent system which sounds well for music + movies, atleast you need around 70k...else you can build your system in parts....which is get the AVR then the front speakers...add the sub if budget permits...later add the surrounds and center....

Yamaha system is entry level and you should not be disappointed with its performance...all depends now on what suits your requirements and budget

Hi

The bass is decent enough unless you are planning to make the place a DISCO and want room vibrating bass!

Good powerful speakers will cost more and so will the AVR.....Marantz / Pioneer LX series etc are high end ones which are awesome....

For a decent system which sounds well for music + movies, atleast you need around 70k...else you can build your system in parts....which is get the AVR then the front speakers...add the sub if budget permits...later add the surrounds and center....

Yamaha system is entry level and you should not be disappointed with its performance...all depends now on what suits your requirements and budget

Hi somebody said in this forum that is yamaha bass in very disappointment.. So i am in confusion :sad:
What about poineer.. if we compare with yamaha and Onkyo..??

Hi

Like I said, it all depends if you like to hear normal bass or excessive bass....hence audition is important..if not possible, watch a couple of YouTube videos and read some reviews before taking a decision.

All of us are different and hence have different tastes and expectations....

Hi

Like I said, it all depends if you like to hear normal bass or excessive bass....hence audition is important..if not possible, watch a couple of YouTube videos and read some reviews before taking a decision.

All of us are different and hence have different tastes and expectations....

Hi, it depends upon my mood some time i will use normal bass, or sometimes excessive ,some time treble.. Mostly i will use 60% bass 40% treble ...

The quality of music you will listen depends on the AVR (40%) and the speakers you are using (60%). Since you are on a budget, I will suggest you to go for a decent AVR and a 2 channel tower speaker for the time being. In future you will be able to expand it to a 5.1 system slowly based on cash availability. Check India's audio video home theatre and hi-fi shopping mart for good deals and better overview
However, try to audition them before you finalize

Hi

Then I would suggest you go for an entry level AVR separately and buy separate 5.1 speakers....you may need then accordingly tweak your budget slightly..

Check out

Shop for Yamaha HTR-3067 5.1 Channel Audio Video Receiver at Reliance Digital

https://harmanaudio.in/jbl-cinema-510-230-5-1-channel-home-theatre-speaker-system.html

This should suffice your requirements....
Thanks for reply bro, i need big speaker's like poineer.. personally i am not a professional in HT's and amplifiers .. can you suggest me another brand than harman.

I m using YHT-299 ,its pretty enough for small room . I think yht-2910 are with same spec like yht-299 . Currently i planned to buy another powerful AVR. Talking to profx for exchange .

Hi bro, Sorry for late replay. Finally i brought yht 2910. But i got big disappointment. Because bass is very low, not enough for 15*17 room. i am planning to buy boston sub- woofer to pay extra 15k after exchanging my woofer.:sad: If you want to buy a new HT then i would strongly prefer you to buy Onkyo.. because it has good depth in bass, more featuers than yamaha, and Bluetooth option is also available

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back