Your Latest Vinyl Purchases...

Where do you buy most of your records from?

• Locally (Within India)

Votes: 74 73.3%
  • Abroad (Not Online shopping)

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Ebay

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Discogs

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Other Websites

Votes: 31 30.7%

• Total voters
Rise and Fall of Paramount Records - Volume One

This is one of the most fascinating box sets I have ever seen! The joy of ownership is unbelievable!! :yahoo:

The Rise and Fall of Paramount Records 1917-1932, is a two-volume omnibus of art, words and music housed in a limited-edition, hand-sculpted cabinet-of-wonder, to be jointly released by Jack Whites Third Man Records and John Faheys Revenant Records.

Volume One, covers the labels improbable rise from 1917-1927.

The fit, finish and attention to detail is staggering. The materials used in the making of the box seem thoughtfully considered and selected. The box definitely hits home with its intent of transporting you back in time to the glory days of Paramount Records.

The box itself is a cabinet handcrafted from oakwood, custom forged metal hardware and lined with green velvet. It is a large sized cabinet made to resemble a portable 78rpm record player, very solid and heavy.
The box opens up linke an old record cabinet and underside of the lid bears logo of Winconsin Chair company - the company that used to press Paramount records.

Custom forged metal logo on top of the box

V9Vftvw.jpg

Oak Cabinet with custom forged metal bits

9epveAC.jpg

wTqFz9l.jpg

CurP8gm.jpg

Guide to box contents

woQSdfi.jpg

The box contains 6 LPs in a white birch wood, laser etched folio.

qjx5ZSD.jpg

RmLSbWj.jpg

kig4qsu.jpg

Detailing on each LP sleeve of the folio is unique and exquisite

XGUBiv5.jpg

p2v4bXN.jpg

7Hx8FIB.jpg

TulX3nd.jpg

tPkeAfG.jpg

Xp3tK7V.jpg

The records are 180g vinyl LPs pressed on burled chestnut colored vinyl with hand-engraved, embossed gold-leaf labels.
The quality of the pressings is very fine. Some of the source material comes from 78s which may have been in a fairly degraded quality and the hiss is heard on these fine pressings as well.. it does sound very 'period' and somehow manages to go with the sound of the delta blues.

The level below the LP folio houses a large format 250 page hardbound art book that tells the story of Paramount's rise and fall.

FWF2FoF.jpg

Below the hardbound art book is a 360 page encyclopedia-style softcover field guide containing artist portraits and full Paramount discography.

49J318j.jpg

Below is an envelope that contains replicas of some Paramount fliers, including an intro to the blues, a 1924 record catalog; and a catalog for Vista record players, the machines that the Wisconsin Chair Company built and a music (notes) book.

l6GFJQk.jpg

Finally, at the bottom of the box is a handcrafted, forged metal USB flash drive that resembles a phonograph pickup. It contains 800+ high quality, remastered audio tracks featuring 172 artists and 200+ fully restored ads and images from 1920s. It also contains a one of a kind music and image catalogue/player application that allows user management of content.

wGD8L0s.jpg

aRux0Xs.jpg

HgpPS2Q.jpg

YG5gdHR.jpg

The Volume Two of this box set has been released a few days ago.. cant wait to lay my hands on that one as well! :licklips:

What exquisite artsmanship and detail! Truly a collectors item and piece of art! Congrats to you and hats off to craftsman!

What exquisite artsmanship and detail! Truly a collectors item and piece of art! Congrats to you and hats off to craftsman!

It indeed is fabulously detailed and plush.. The fact that Jack White, himself is a musician, is involved in this project, surely has a role to play in the awesomeness of the set. White's Third man records has always released very cool and collectible LPs.

Clearly Third Man Records and Revenant Records understand that the music consumption pattern is changing. As per a co-founder of Revenant Records This is more about people with a fascination for the tactile and sensory world. That just cant be replicated in the digital realm.

Hi Friends,

I bought Parwaaz LP ( Jagjit singh live in singapore ), although i understand that this must be digitally remastered ect, however compared to my other New generation Records this pressing sounds fantastic

The only con i could trace is that the editing is poor, he should have fade out the sound once a track completes

i have one jagjit sing live CD and i play it through Nakamichi CDP, there is no comparision, the LP beats the CD which huge margin

i simply love the sound of tabla, guitar, Voilin, and specially the Great Legend Jagjit Sing's Majical voice and the command on his breath ... truly breath taking exp

It Exceeded my expectation ... so i recommend this record

Happy Listening .....

Tanoj

Just arrived. Ordered from Amazon UK

Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element (Part I)
i5u1is.jpg

Magma - Khntarksz Trilogy

Khntarksz
4rqjix.jpg

Khntarksz Anteria
be829e.jpg

mhnthtt-R
5n0qbc.jpg

My Latest Score:

Iron Maiden - Maiden England :yahoo:
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
Jethro Tull - Songs from the Wood
Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave
Scorpions - World Wide Live

Yup...though One Hour by Concrete Lake is my fav...POS is definitely a class apart...along with Shadow Gallery and Evergrey.

Love Shadow Gallery as well..and as far as evergrey goes..I've listened to only one of their albums (which i really like) In Search of Truth..

Nice to see these bands get some love here at HFV..

The last 2 records I got are

1) The Byrds - Younger than yesterday (Mono)
2) REO Speedwagon - Good Trouble

Love Shadow Gallery as well..and as far as evergrey goes..I've listened to only one of their albums (which i really like) In Search of Truth..

Nice to see these bands get some love here at HFV..

IMO In Search of Truth is their best, closely followed by The Inner Circle, after which I lost interest...but you should definitely check the others out...some people I know who are into prog seem to love their later stuff as well.

Guys I've hit a Jackpot, I couldn't believe my luck , I got a personal collection in mint.

Jawani Dewani (MINT)
Caravaan
Agar Tum Na Hote
Jawani
Mazdoor
Andar Bahar
Lovers
Jal Mahal
Hum Hai Lajawab
Apne Apne
Alag Alag
Main Awara Hun
Prem Nagar

Johny Mera Naam
Kasam Paida Karne Wale Ki
Naya Daur
Himmatwala
Mere Humdum Mere Dost
Suraj
Jis Desh Me Ganga Behti Hai
Geet
Bobby
Kajal
Naukar Biwi Ka
Vijay
Faasle
Upkar
Aarzo
Barsat Ki Ek Raat
Nishchay (1992) one of O P Nayyar's last score Very Rare LP

My hands were trembling when I was going thru the stack. Voila so many R D Burman LP's in a single stash, and what a condition. I've never seen such a steal in my days of vinyl collecting.

Happy like a pervert on a nude beach. ;)

Hi guys,

I am visiting Mumbai this week and was looking to pick up some of these vinyl if anyone is willing to sell :

Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak
Woh Kaun Thi
Haste Zakhm
Pyaasa
Marasim
Bhimsen Joshi
Amjad Ali Khan
Kumar Gandharv
Shiv Kumar Sharma
Kishori Amonkar
Parveen Sultana
Hariprasad Chaurasia

I would appreciate if anyone has the above titles for sale. I will be in Mumbai for 2-3 weeks so I do not mind getting them shipped from outside Mumbai. Thanks in advance.

RD

Nice haul!

These were largely in NM condition, but without their outer jackets, right?
Saw the bunch with Salimbhai some six months back, but we could not agree on a price. I had a couple of the titles already, and the lack of jackets was a downer. He later told me that he'd sold the entire lot that these titles were part of, but one can never be sure with these dealers. Did you get them from someone else?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back