Your Latest Vinyl Purchases...

Where do you buy most of your records from?

• Locally (Within India)

Votes: 74 73.3%
  • Abroad (Not Online shopping)

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Ebay

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Discogs

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Other Websites

Votes: 31 30.7%

• Total voters
A Grand Haul Again....

Unconditional Lot..............take it or leave it kinda deal.

I took it ofcourse.

The List is :

Chori Chori
Anarkali
Arjun
Kinara
Rahi Badal Gaye
Zabardast
DON
Kaalia
Teesri Manzil
An Evening in Paris
Sholay (Songs)
Farz
Sahab Biwi aur Ghulam
Junglee
Aradhana
Aa Gale Lag Ja
LAVA
Hum Naujawan ( Rare )
Jaanwar
Andaaz
Safar
Yahudi
Hamraaz
Shree 420
Sitara
Anjana
Hits of Kishore Kumar
Shaan
Jawani
Betaab
Guide
Jewel Thief
Manzil Manzil

Most are in Mint and VG condition :yahoo::eek:hyeah:

Cost me an arm and an ear but hey....I'll grow them again :cheers:

Slightly off topic. I purchased some records from Germany. It's on it's way to Chennai (where i currently stay). This is the first time I've given a Chennai shipping address. The parcel has entered India and it was released by DIMC (DELHI INTERNATIONAL MAIL CENTRE) 3 days ago.

Now when I used to order stuff to Bangalore, DIMC used to release it immediately and then the parcel used to spend about 5-7 days max at Bangalore customs office. I called up the Chennai customs and they are saying that they will not release it till this month end!! :eek:

Is this normal with Chennai customs? Anyone from Chennai has ordered vinyl records from abroad?

Slightly off topic. I purchased some records from Germany. It's on it's way to Chennai (where i currently stay). This is the first time I've given a Chennai shipping address. The parcel has entered India and it was released by DIMC (DELHI INTERNATIONAL MAIL CENTRE) 3 days ago.

Now when I used to order stuff to Bangalore, DIMC used to release it immediately and then the parcel used to spend about 5-7 days max at Bangalore customs office. I called up the Chennai customs and they are saying that they will not release it till this month end!! :eek:

Is this normal with Chennai customs? Anyone from Chennai has ordered vinyl records from abroad?

Bangalore customs is extremely efficient. Whenever I have imported turntables, they were either shipped by DHL or FedEx and landed in Bangalore within 2 days. Customs normally took a day to clear these packages. However an expectation to this is when my Technics SP10 deck came via Kochi Customs. They took 2 weeks to clear the package.

Recently bought:

Chicago Transit Authority (2 LP)
John Denver - It's about time
Maggie Boyle - Reaching out
Asia - Asia
Tri Yann - An Hol a zo Glaz / Le Soleil est Vert

Yes. It is quite normal with Chennai customs. They might take up to 1 month to clear parcels. But in most cases you will get it early.

Rhythmhouse got new Jazz & Blues titles so went ahead with the following :

- 4, 5, And 6 | Jackie McLean
- Let Freedom Ring | Jackie Mclean
- Quartets-Live At The Village Vanguard Vol.1 | Joe Lovano
- The Hawk Relaxes | Coleman Hawkins
- The Country Blues Of | John Lee Hooker

Awaiting deliver. Quite excited. Especially, Jackie McLean ones. Brilliant albums.

A very fortunate acquisition

Aradhana (First Press Angel Copy MINT)
Hera Pheri (Mint)
Geet Gata Chal (Mint)
Caarvaan (Mint)
Binaca Geet Mala

Just five but as good as new. :)

Recently purchased this lot.. many LPs were pending since long in my list, and got them now...

CHALTI KA NAAM GADI
CHHUPA RUSTAM
GAMBLER
DEEWAANGEE
MAN PASAND
KAAMCHOR
JANTA HAWALDAR
NASBANDI
YUDH
HAATHI MERE SAATHI
ANAMIKA
AAPKI KHATIR
AHSAAS
GAMBLER
MAUSAM
LAILA MAJNU
HUM DONO
DIL HAI KI MANTA NAHI
ANDAZ
KAL AAJ AUR KAL
JURM
GANGA MERI MAA
BE-LAGAAM
CHOR PE MOR
ABHILASHA
BOND 303
THE GREAT GAMBLER
NAHLE PE DAHLA
GAHARA JAKHM
AAMNE SAMNE
KAASH

Hi friends

I Just got lucky today, bit off topic but interesting share. I had been to Sagar Hospital, bangalore for my viral check up

while the doctor was explaining about condition, my eyes fell onto some files on his table with 5 records and some cassettes, i just asked him what he was planning to do with these, he just explained me that he was just cleaning his cabin and wanted throw it LOL , i was like NOOOOOOOO :sad:

You know why ?????

All the LP were in MINT Condition :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::clapping:

Titles were :
zamane ko dikhana hai
Laawaris
Naseeb
Maine Pyar kiya
Yesudas hits

and he din't charged me a penny :licklips::D

its was like drugs for my viral fever;):yahoo:

What pot luck!!

Recently I encountered a similar situation or rather, my wife encountered a similar situation. She purchased a house from an elderly couple. While helping them clean up and shift out, she discovered some old audio equipment and a huge collection of records. Of course, she was not in a position to explain the details but she has locked back the cupboard and left it for me to re-discover when I come back to India. The excitement of your discovery just lit up the enthusiasm so could not help but share this. Realistically, once the sale with my Technics TTs is complete, I will get my wife to sort out the titles and put the duplicates up for sale.

Last edited:
Hi friends

I Just got lucky today, bit off topic but interesting share. I had been to Sagar Hospital, bangalore for my viral check up

while the doctor was explaining about condition, my eyes fell onto some files on his table with 5 records and some cassettes, i just asked him what he was planning to do with these, he just explained me that he was just cleaning his cabin and wanted throw it LOL , i was like NOOOOOOOO :sad:

You know why ?????

Titles were :
zamane ko dikhana hai
Laawaris
Naseeb
Maine Pyar kiya
Yesudas hits

and he din't charged me a penny ::D
its was like drugs for my viral fever;)
Wow lucky man! I've Zamane ko dikhana hai and Lawaris

Hi friends

You know why ?????

Titles were :
zamane ko dikhana hai
Laawaris
Naseeb
Maine Pyar kiya
Yesudas hits

and he din't charged me a penny :licklips::D

its was like drugs for my viral fever;):yahoo:

Wow.. Tell me who the doctor is, if he has more LPs, I wouldn't mind falling sick !! :)

Mastodon - Remission (Box Set)
2hwl6bn.jpg

I love the packaging but sadly they've remastered the album for this box set. There was absolutely no NEED to remaster an album that was already produced so damn well! I have the original CD which sounds way better imo. It's more raw sounding that this polished remaster...

By the way, those who appreciate good drumming..I highly highly recommend listening to this album! Drum work is simply jaw dropping-ly phenomenal..

Guys....

Got Khazanaaaa......

Lakhon Me Ek
Abhilasha
Adhikar
Hare Rama Hare Krishna
The Great Gambler
Gambler
Tadap
Samundar
Jeeva
Ajnabi / Amanush
Mangalsutra
Prem Pujari
Dharam Karam
Sholay
Arjun
Kinara
Dharmatma
Prince
Rajkumar
Dil Ne Phir Yaad Kiya
Hante Zakhm
Romance
Teri Kasam
Aag se Khelenge
Baaghi
Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman
Patthar Ke Phool
Yaara Dildara
Thanedar
Tridev
Shakti
Bemisal
Jurmana
Barsaat Ki Ek Raat
Kudrat
Lawaris
Savere Wali Gadi
Sadma
Ghar
Baton Baton Main
Hifazat
Mr. India
Dackeit
Zabardast
Commando
Dance Dance
Daulat
Daulat Ke Dushman
Sitamgar
Zameen Aasman
Aap Ki Kasam
Guide
Prem Pujari
Jheel Ke Us Paar
Zakhmi
Amar Prem
Aandhi
Jail Yatra
Bulandi
Karm
Naam
Bade Dilwala
Saaheb
Kishan Kanahiyya
Pyar Ka Mousam

and Many Many More....

Will share more details.

Total 160 LPs bought.

Excellent news. Congratz! How is the condition?

Regards,
Sourav

Guys....

Got Khazanaaaa......

Lakhon Me Ek
Abhilasha
Adhikar
Hare Rama Hare Krishna
The Great Gambler
Gambler
Tadap
Samundar
Jeeva
Ajnabi / Amanush
Mangalsutra
Prem Pujari
Dharam Karam
Sholay
Arjun
Kinara
Dharmatma
Prince
Rajkumar
Dil Ne Phir Yaad Kiya
Hante Zakhm
Romance
Teri Kasam
Aag se Khelenge
Baaghi
Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman
Patthar Ke Phool
Yaara Dildara
Thanedar
Tridev
Shakti
Bemisal
Jurmana
Barsaat Ki Ek Raat
Kudrat
Lawaris
Savere Wali Gadi
Sadma
Ghar
Baton Baton Main
Hifazat
Mr. India
Dackeit
Zabardast
Commando
Dance Dance
Daulat
Daulat Ke Dushman
Sitamgar
Zameen Aasman
Aap Ki Kasam
Guide
Prem Pujari
Jheel Ke Us Paar
Zakhmi
Amar Prem
Aandhi
Jail Yatra
Bulandi
Karm
Naam
Bade Dilwala
Saaheb
Kishan Kanahiyya
Pyar Ka Mousam

and Many Many More....

Will share more details.

Total 160 LPs bought.

All records are in very good / near mint condition.

But as the seller stored them on attic so many covers are damp and a bit torn.

Lakhon Me ek is second press.
Adhikar is second press.
Pyar Ka Mousam is first press (I think)

But the records are in great shape, I guess you must have heard the SQ of The Great Gambler in the vid I shared on whtsapp.

Tell me sourav, The Great Gambler has a golden gun cover release also. Out of theses which one is first press.

Thanks Ashish. The Great Gambler with Golden Gun is the first press but I found no difference in these two presses. However Adhikar has a noticeable difference and Lakhon Mein Ek too.

Also don't worry about the covers. I will send you Hi-Res cover photos. You may DTP it and get some old covers to be pasted upon.

Regards,
Sourav

All records are in very good / near mint condition.

But as the seller stored them on attic so many covers are damp and a bit torn.

Lakhon Me ek is second press.
Adhikar is second press.
Pyar Ka Mousam is first press (I think)

But the records are in great shape, I guess you must have heard the SQ of The Great Gambler in the vid I shared on whtsapp.

Tell me sourav, The Great Gambler has a golden gun cover release also. Out of theses which one is first press.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back