your view on SONY IV-300 5.1 HT system

screen mirroring is gud n very responsive i have used my samsung s3 n tablet too as soon as i click the screen mirroring option on phone as well as iv-300 it connects n plays yes one hdmi is for tv (ARC) two r for other devices sound my frnd is very gud or i say great jus setup the system i mean in a home theater manner u will get what u want

Thanks, vibhs19!
I've gone through all the previous posts, including yours, several times already:)

I'm already very satisfied with IV-300's feature set and its value for money, but it's the sound quality that I'm more concerned about...

BTW, can you please provide more details on the screen mirroring feature using Miracast? Have you used it? Does it work properly? Which phone/tablet do u have?

Also, when you say 3 HDMI ports you mean 2 HDMI in and 1 out, right?
Please check the link for your Querry:

Cannot connect the unit to a Screen mirroring or Miracast compatible device. : FAQ : Sony Asia Pacific

The nokia n8 and 808 gives dolby digital plus output via hdmi.so if these phones when connected via hdmi to iv300, is it possible to get other high resolution audio formats like DTS HD/dolbyTruHD !!!!!!!

I would advise all the Sony enthusiasts, rather than going for Sony IV 300, go for Yamaha YHT-199 for more or less same price. Yamaha would be any day better than Sony as it has AVR which you can connect to any equipments be it DTH, Blue rays, DVD players or PS3.

Coming to sound quality, I was using my Sony HT with Bookshelf speakers for the last 8 years but the moment I purchased Yamaha AVR, the quality of sound, the depth and effects were unparalleled which can never be compared with Sony HTs

Secondly, you can not upgrade Sony HT in future as it'll have limited connectivity options or you can not even upgrade it's speakers. Once you get it, you are stuck with the system. Then after 3-4 years you again start looking to spend another 25K from your hard earned money. So why to spend extra bucks. Spend it today and relax for another 8-9 years atleast.

It is true that it is hard to get spares for these Sony HTs later as Sony keep on bringing new products every year and dont bother to service the discontinued ones.

So go for quality and sturdiness of the product.

I would advise all the Sony enthusiasts, rather than going for Sony IV 300, go for Yamaha YHT-199 for more or less same price. Yamaha would be any day better than Sony as it has AVR which you can connect to any equipments be it DTH, Blue rays, DVD players or PS3.

Coming to sound quality, I was using my Sony HT with Bookshelf speakers for the last 8 years but the moment I purchased Yamaha AVR, the quality of sound, the depth and effects were unparalleled which can never be compared with Sony HTs

Secondly, you can not upgrade Sony HT in future as it'll have limited connectivity options or you can not even upgrade it's speakers. Once you get it, you are stuck with the system. Then after 3-4 years you again start looking to spend another 25K from your hard earned money. So why to spend extra bucks. Spend it today and relax for another 8-9 years atleast.

It is true that it is hard to get spares for these Sony HTs later as Sony keep on bringing new products every year and dont bother to service the discontinued ones.

So go for quality and sturdiness of the product.
I purchased a Sony DVD home theatre around 5 years back and now stuck with it. Cannot do anything to connect my Airtel HD Dth or Western Digital player.

Had a demo of Sony iv 300 two days back and I am not all going for it. The sound was really distorted. It was able deliver high volume. Thats all.

Would advise you to take a look at Yamaha YHT 196 ( I have misquoted it as 199 in my previous post)

It would give you far satisfactory results + your upgrades are up for grab in near future.

Hi

Guys i have bought this sony dth theater yesterday today is fitting time but the system is like cool i i have tested starmovies hd on my tata sky+ hd bosx true 5.1 sound is coming surround effects are awesome there is avr included in the bundle along with 5.1 speaker set the avr is of 1000 w and the features are like bluetooth and nfc enable u can play movies via usb too with ANY FORMAT include MKV too u can attach ur ps3 ,bd ,hd set top box same time. coming to other players like yamaha ,onkoyo they are bulky costly n end of the day all we want is good movie exp which this sony does and its price 20 k so i suggest go for it coz it made of satellite hd boxes .

is this HT having Coaxial option or only Optical??

I purchased a Sony DVD home theatre around 5 years back and now stuck with it. Cannot do anything to connect my Airtel HD Dth or Western Digital player.

Had a demo of Sony iv 300 two days back and I am not all going for it. The sound was really distorted. It was able deliver high volume. Thats all.

Hi,

Can't agree more with you. Same is the case with me. I have purchased a Sony DVD Home theater about 7 years back and was really happy with it then. Finally I have taken it off and finally bought Yamaha YHT 299 about 8 months back.
Clearly there is a lot of difference between these systems. I mean, Sony does not even come close to these AVR stuffs. Agreed that they have higher output but I dont think they are better Yamahas, Onkyos, Pioneers, Denons etc..

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Hi,

Can't agree more with you. Same is the case with me. I have purchased a Sony DVD Home theater about 7 years back and was really happy with it then. Finally I have taken it off and finally bought Yamaha YHT 299 about 8 months back.
Clearly there is a lot of difference between these systems. I mean, Sony does not even come close to these AVR stuffs. Agreed that they have higher output but I dont think they are better Yamahas, Onkyos, Pioneers, Denons etc..

Thanks,
Sandeep.
Sorry Sandeep, I couldn't get you. R u saying Sony iv 300 is better than yamaha yht 299? Coz I prefer to buy yht 299 compared to iv 300

Sorry Sandeep, I couldn't get you. R u saying Sony iv 300 is better than yamaha yht 299? Coz I prefer to buy yht 299 compared to iv 300

Heyy Sorry if I am not clear. My suggestion is never go for Sony, Samsung etc htibs. They will not give you the chance for future upgradation. Go for yht 299 any day as it gives you the chance for upgrading speakers in future.
Also, the quality of sound in yht 299 is way ahead when compared to the htibs of Sony, Samsung etc.. So, My suggestion yht 299 any day over Sony iv 300

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon, Pioneers are any day better than toy brands like Sony,LG and samsung but if you could raise your budget and you can have a separate AVR and speakers which would be again much better than HTIBs

Hi Guys,
I am quite interesting in buying a solid one however my budget is around 25k (max). Sony IV 300 model is also a choice to buy given its price under 20k. However, considering my requirements of the hall which is 21*21 I think the output must be a bit aggressive to be able to experience the effects of HT. The primary use is to connect to videocon d2h HD and sometimes connect HDD to play blue ray files downloaded from internet. What would be the best one to buy? Early advice is appreciated :)

Thanks

i like to buy it bt i should confrm frst dat this sysytem can work with my pc graphic card (nvidea gtx 650 ) hdmi out

People who are asking about HDMI from computer or anything else as per my recent research all types of HDMI inputs will work with this system. HDMI input is HDMI input it is normally not dependent of particular system. I hope I was helpful. :)

Even i'm confused between IV300 and YHT196.

Yes, i do understand that the Yamaha sounds better but is it worth 7K higher price than sony..?

Also what about logitech Z906. it doesn't have HDMI port, but it's THX certified..:licklips:
and as far as HDMI inputs are concerned, you can hook it up via a HDMI to HDMI+OPTICAL(5.1) output converts which will cost about 3-4K.

Frenz....i was looking to buy IV-300, but then later saw SONY E3200 and while listening to both models side by side, 3200 sounded really far better...

Did you guyz audition it, before going for IV-300? Also, while I heard about Yamaha being so better than SONY, however for a normal daily use (I'm no audiophile :lol:), think SONY would be able to deliver.

Hi Friends,
I have gone through every post on this discussion. Thank you all for this nice knowledge sharing. Basically I can't differentiate between brass, distortion, other sort of terminologies. I only enjoy good sound.

I was planning to buy a HT for my living room 25x15 feet (LxB). Initially I was also attracted to Sony iv-300. Bcos it's just plug n play model. But after going through all your posts, I wanna take all your suggestions n expertise.

Please advise me a good HT with below requirements.

1. Buy once for all. I prefer to retain n upgrade my gadgets to maximum time. Useless buying now and then referring things out dated.

2. Best sound quality.
3. Maximum features hdmi, wifi connectivity, live streaming, screen mirroring, DTH, PS3, USB, hard drive connnectivity.
4. Elegant identical small speaker design.
5. Cost is no factor but still I will keep a cap of 50k. Not mandatory.

Importance of every point as per the sequence. For example. Sound quality is real factor so features can be bargained. Similarly, features are important so design can be overlooked.

Waiting for your model suggestions and support.

Thanks in well advance.

Regards,
Bala.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back