z5500 vs other

karandex

my budget is max 15k
so z5500 are the best ?
i got an xbox 360 and may get an apple tv or boxee box or roku
so medial delivery is not an issue. optical in preference since i xbox give optical out.

Hai Karan,
Go ahed with Logi..Z5500. I am using it since 16th Sept.'10 with my Philips DVD Player via coax output. It's sounding great. Bass is simply outstanding because it has 10" sub which produce a excellent bass. It has very good mid range so U can't miss any vocal reproduction. It has five connectivity option (3 analog, 1 optical & 1 coax and has 6 channel direct option for PC audio out)

It is THX certified and has in-built Dolby & DTS decoter. U don't need any seperate amp. Just connect ur several gazets and enjoy a great listning exprience.

My personal rating:
For Movie 09/10
For Music 08/10

Hope it helps U,
Thanks & regards.

in my process of reseach i also found some models.

1) philps 5530 it think they are the 3d angled speakers i heard them ,they sounded nice for music but cant talk about gaming
2) edifier s550 these are often compared to z5500 and always in any comparison come on top compared to loggy. but it dont have decoder and optical in is must for me
3) philips 3571 i am hearing a lot of there sets are they really better than z5500.

ps i like to have that will have base but not boomy base . and that is the only reason i need to rethink. how they work on normal tv ? can u make sub really low or turn it off if i want to hear tv for some music ?

From my heard bass is too boomy and there are some people who immidiatly disliked bass of Z5500 and graduated to HTIB
Do not buy only on reviews.
also many people criticized midrange ,so 8/10 for music may not hold true for music. that may depend on what type of music you listeen..

true thing
now i am thinking of philips and onkyo

what is comparison with 3100 and 3300
i dont need that much of a hdmi features just need pure sound

how can i pass signal of tv running on cable or dth to home theter
i heard only ld650 have optical out

From my heard bass is too boomy and there are some people who immidiatly disliked bass of Z5500 and graduated to HTIB
Do not buy only on reviews.
also many people criticized midrange ,so 8/10 for music may not hold true for music. that may depend on what type of music you listeen..

I own the Z5500's for like 4 years , and i will go by the above said words .
If ur priority is movie watching , go with the Z5500's attached with atleast asus Xonar Dx sound card . but if ur preference is music watching then avoid Z5500's , bass tends too be boomy on them .
Simply not for all kinds of music , Need to tweak EQ's all the time to handle the bass .

For movie watching with an htpc (with 6 channel and optical out) would you say Onkyo 3300 is "definitely better than z5500" ?

I am playing z5500 with my Philips DVD player, i can control base & sub volume from DVD player. DVD player has it's own volume control for all 6 channels. So boomy bass, not justified.

agree with Subha here...i got a logitech 5500 and the woofer is much bigger than onkyo it pumps 188 w rms where as onkyo is only 100 or 120 w rms...so here is the reason for the boomy bass that people feel. You can control the bass not only from the DVD player but also from the remote that comes alongwith 5500. it is an outstanding speaker set. if you have a 15000 budget don't think anywhere else..buy it..you can later anyways buy a separate amplifier if needed..also add the fact that this does dts decoding!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back