2.0 or 2.1 under 50k

Thrv7

Hi guys,

I've been looking to buy a 2.1 but my budget is a little low. I was thinking of buying a pair of bookshelfs and Amp and getting a sub later on.

I am currently looking at:
Speaker: JBL Stage A130 (26k on AVshack)
Amp: Aiyima A07 (7k on Amazon)

Would this be a good 2.0 setup or should I look for something else, open for recommendations.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I've been looking to buy a 2.1 but my budget is a little low. I was thinking of buying a pair of bookshelfs and Amp and getting a sub later on.

Would this be a good 2.0 setup or should I look for something else, open for recommendations.

Thanks!
It is good.
Or you can go with actives from Q acoustics of Elac.

Hi guys,

Thanks!
For a first-time stereo setup, the components you mentioned should work well. However, there are a few important considerations:

1) Listening Position: Are you planning to listen to this setup from a close, near-field position (like a desktop setup), or will these speakers be placed for far-field listening?

2) Source of Music: Understanding your source of music is crucial for selecting the right components.

If it's a desktop setup where the amplifier will be connected to your computer's 3.5mm audio jack, the amplifier and speakers should suffice.

If you plan to listen from a distance (far-field), you might want to consider remote control capabilities. Having to get up to adjust the volume every time can be inconvenient. Look for an amplifier with remote control. I believe there is an SMSL amplifier on sale in the classified section that might suit this purpose. Alternatively, if your budget allows, you could invest in a USB DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) with remote control, which can be connected to your computer.

Your next potential upgrade should be a DAC or music streamer rather than a subwoofer. You can also consider the Elac B6.2 bookshelf speakers, which provide good bass and may not require an additional subwoofer.

For a first-time stereo setup, the components you mentioned should work well. However, there are a few important considerations:

1) Listening Position: Are you planning to listen to this setup from a close, near-field position (like a desktop setup), or will these speakers be placed for far-field listening?

2) Source of Music: Understanding your source of music is crucial for selecting the right components.

If it's a desktop setup where the amplifier will be connected to your computer's 3.5mm audio jack, the amplifier and speakers should suffice.

If you plan to listen from a distance (far-field), you might want to consider remote control capabilities. Having to get up to adjust the volume every time can be inconvenient. Look for an amplifier with remote control. I believe there is an SMSL amplifier on sale in the classified section that might suit this purpose. Alternatively, if your budget allows, you could invest in a USB DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) with remote control, which can be connected to your computer.

Your next potential upgrade should be a DAC or music streamer rather than a subwoofer. You can also consider the Elac B6.2 bookshelf speakers, which provide good bass and may not require an additional subwoofer.

Hi Sudokpr,
Thanks for the response

1. Listening Position would be far field. I will be using this setup as a replacement for my TV speakers.
2. Source of music would be Spotify/Apple music loseless and tele channes.
The SMSL amplifier does seem like a good deal but I am not located in or around Bangalore. I would love to check some more USB DACs out. Is their any particular DAC you would recommend around 10-15k?

3. The Elacs are out of my budget and they are also out of stock on most online stores. I am located in a small town in Maharashtra and therefore cannot demo any systems. I can stretch my budget upto 35k max. If there's another set of speaker you in this budget please do recommend.

Alright, if you plan to connect it to a TV, here's my assumption: You'll likely use the headphone output from the TV to connect to the amplifier. In this setup, the TV's volume control can adjust the sound level, and you can keep the volume knob on the amplifier fixed.

If you decide to get a DAC, you can use the optical output from the TV to connect to the DAC. However, please note that this would require a separate remote control for volume adjustment, as the TV's remote won't control the volume unless the DAC has HDMI input.

For TV purposes, I wouldn't recommend separate components, as it can become a bit of a ritual to power on all the different pieces along with the TV. Instead, you might want to explore integrated amplifiers that can take digital inputs. One option to consider is the Aiyima T9, which comes with digital inputs and a remote control.

For TV use, I'd suggest going with the simple power amp (like the Aiyima A07) and using the TV's headphone jack to keep the setup simple with no extra remotes.
However, if you prioritize sound quality and are okay with a separate remote for volume control, you could opt for an integrated amplifier.

I can personally vouch for the Elac B6.2 speakers since I own them, but I haven't had experience with other speakers in this budget range.

Another option to explore is a power amp with tone controls (Aiyima A08 Pro and some offerings from Fosi Audio), which will enable you to adjust the bass and treble settings. This can be particularly useful if you prefer more pronounced bass when watching action movies.

Hi Sudokpr,
Thanks for the response

1. Listening Position would be far field. I will be using this setup as a replacement for my TV speakers.
2. Source of music would be Spotify/Apple music loseless and tele channes.
The SMSL amplifier does seem like a good deal but I am not located in or around Bangalore. I would love to check some more USB DACs out. Is their any particular DAC you would recommend around 10-15k?

3. The Elacs are out of my budget and they are also out of stock on most online stores. I am located in a small town in Maharashtra and therefore cannot demo any systems. I can stretch my budget upto 35k max. If there's another set of speaker you in this budget please do recommend.
Q Acoustics M20 HD wireless music system (hifimart.com)
Speak to HIFI mart. They can give you the best deal.

@Thrv7 -

Look for something like this -
1 - https://hifimart.com/product/fyne-audio-f300-speaker-pair/
2 - https://hifimart.com/product/mission-lx-2-mkii-bookshelf-speakers-pair/

Either of these should be around or under 20 if you speak with Amit of HifiMart directly - leaving around 15K for an amplifier.

This should leave you with some change as well for maybe getting a better amp? If you are ok with Used maybe check local used electronics dealer or something from the forum maybe?

****Or as many have mentioned - go for powered AIO - Like the ELAC or the QA M20 HD

Last edited:
+1

another option would be elac dcb41 again available in hifimart. you can find nice review from users here in hifivision.
+1
Powered speakers with HDMI input

Fin
Hi guys,

Thanks!
Finally what did you buy?
I am also planning for a setup with your budget.

You can buy a 2.1 amplifier with passive subwoofer and Fyne Audio F300 speakers or Mission LX-2 MKII speakers. Polk audio speakers are also good. I think T15 is the model number.
I usually listen to 70s/80s american and british rock bands, blues, metallica, psychedelic rock like genre. I have a small living room where i will set the audio setup(speakers and amp). So from your experience which will fit best polk audio t15, mission lx2 mk2 or fyne audio f300?

And what type of amplifier of aiyima and fosi audio can be hooked up with the speaker. Need bluetooth and remote controller for my ease.

go
Hi guys,

Good setup to begin with

I
You can buy a 2.1 amplifier with passive subwoofer and Fyne Audio F300 speakers or Mission LX-2 MKII speakers. Polk audio speakers are also good. I think T15 is the model number.
I am considering Polk audio t15(amazon 15,500rs), Fyne audio f300(22,865 rs in hifimart) and mission lx2 mk2(19,999rs in hifi mart) all in pair.

Now time to choose a 2.1 integrated amplifier from the house of *Aiyima* or *Fosi audio* . Bluetooth and remote controller is a must requirement here.

What model of amplifier from these two brands mentioned above will be suitable with the any of the 3 speakers i had mentioned 👆??

Today i had listen to fyne audio f300 and jbl stage A130 and just loved the sound integrity of fyne audio F300 though JBL stage A130 had got more dynamics and bass but Fyne audio F300 sweetly handled the bass,mid range and high frequency (i played Echoes by Pink Floyd and Strawberry fields forever by Beatles) .

I

I am considering Polk audio t15(amazon 15,500rs), Fyne audio f300(22,865 rs in hifimart) and mission lx2 mk2(19,999rs in hifi mart) all in pair.

Now time to choose a 2.1 integrated amplifier from the house of *Aiyima* or *Fosi audio* . Bluetooth and remote controller is a must requirement here.

What model of amplifier from these two brands mentioned above will be suitable with the any of the 3 speakers i had mentioned 👆??

Today i had listen to fyne audio f300 and jbl stage A130 and just loved the sound integrity of fyne audio F300 though JBL stage A130 had got more dynamics and bass but Fyne audio F300 sweetly handled the bass,mid range and high frequency (i played Echoes by Pink Floyd and Strawberry fields forever by Beatles) .
Aiyoma or Fosi both can be hooked up the the speakers. The 3255 version of the amplifier chip shall be better than the 3116 versions. On Amazon Aiyima is not showing the 3255 version. Only fosi has 3255 in 2.1 configuration. One is 30D another is 30D pro. Difference I saw is that one has sub out and other has pre out.
Now you have to decide whether to buy a passive subwoofer to keep things within budget or go for an active subwoofer later on when you have the money. Amplifier might be little cheaper in case you go for active subwoofer. In case of active subwoofer you can go for 2.0 amplifier. Other amplifiers in 2.0 and 2.1 configurations are also available on Amazon ranging from 5000 to 8500. You might need to purchase additional power supply in case of Fosi or Aiyima so do get that cleared from Amazon before you make the purchase.
I have personally not auditioned these speakers or amplifiers. Have used polk audio floor standing speakers with same drivers and hear Aiyima 3255 chip based amplifier is good from a friend.

Aiyoma or Fosi both can be hooked up the the speakers. The 3255 version of the amplifier chip shall be better than the 3116 versions. On Amazon Aiyima is not showing the 3255 version. Only fosi has 3255 in 2.1 configuration. One is 30D another is 30D pro. Difference I saw is that one has sub out and other has pre out.
Now you have to decide whether to buy a passive subwoofer to keep things within budget or go for an active subwoofer later on when you have the money. Amplifier might be little cheaper in case you go for active subwoofer. In case of active subwoofer you can go for 2.0 amplifier. Other amplifiers in 2.0 and 2.1 configurations are also available on Amazon ranging from 5000 to 8500. You might need to purchase additional power supply in case of Fosi or Aiyima so do get that cleared from Amazon before you make the purchase.
I have personally not auditioned these speakers or amplifiers. Have used polk audio floor standing speakers with same drivers and hear Aiyima 3255 chip based amplifier is good from a friend.
I didnt like polk audio T15 model particularly...

If i consider mission lx2 or fyne audio f300 then which amplifier will be a good match ( bluetooth amp preferred, if remote is there then it will be best for me)? And i do considering to add a subwoofer in future.

I didnt like polk audio T15 model particularly...

If i consider mission lx2 or fyne audio f300 then which amplifier will be a good match ( bluetooth amp preferred, if remote is there then it will be best for me)? And i do considering to add a subwoofer in future.
You have to decide whether to go with active or passive subwoofer. Fosi amp can be connected to the any of the speakers.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back