20north.com! Anyone bought anything yet?

This is good time to order some bluray's:yahoo:
I'm planning to order in 4 parts, 6 each to avoid custom's .

cheers.

Re: FREE SHIPPING -15 March to 25th March, 2010

how to "discover" the items that have free shipping?

Just a information for members not registered with 20North....got an regular e-mail from them...

20North is having free shipping offer from 15th March till 25th March, 2010 for selected products which will be marked with "Free shipping" Logo.

Free shipping coupon code" FREESHIP" should be used while checkout.

regards

You will find the below "logo" in top of the items advertised, which were eligible for free shipping

fselogologo.jpg

I meant how to see the list of all items in one place, for which they are giving free shipping. Some listing, or some search. Finding those with this logo means I have to go over each and every item.

You will find the below "logo" in top of the items advertised, which were eligible for free shipping

fselogologo.jpg

hi to all,

Do i need a credit card for purchasing items from 20north.com ?
Can i use my Debit card itself ?
Is there any option buy items from 20north.com ?

Thanks in advance

Ooops!!! Sorry... I misinterpreted,, will try to find out some way or will check with the live chat operator in the site..

I meant how to see the list of all items in one place, for which they are giving free shipping. Some listing, or some search. Finding those with this logo means I have to go over each and every item.

hi to all,

Thanks in advance

You can use your Debit card for purchasing, provided if you have your internet banking details.

hi to all,

Thanks in advance

Hi,

If you have decided to make purchases online, I suggest that you grab a good credit card. There are lot of benefits when using a credit card if something goes nasty while dealing online (chargeback). I am not sure whether the same applies to account transfer or debit cards.

Cheers!

The HIFIVISION discount does not work for me anymore. I get an error telling me that this coupon has expired. I think you get the discount only once in your life time. The advertisement banner on this forum is misleading.

Thanks,
Sharad

Now you can buy directly from any U.S. website for much cheaper than 20North.com - the service is called Shop Abroad from ICC World - they are more transparent than 20North and they are themselves the courier with direct connections between U.S. and Indian so you do not incur a big price mark-up as you do with 20North and you get your items much faster! Check it out!

Now you can buy directly from any U.S. website for much cheaper than 20North.com - the service is called Shop Abroad from ICC World - they are more transparent than 20North and they are themselves the courier with direct connections between U.S. and Indian so you do not incur a big price mark-up as you do with 20North and you get your items much faster! Check it out!

visited their website this is how they say it works:

How does it work??

It's easy, fill out the form on the link below with the details of what you would like to purchase. We will get back to you with a quote that will include the item price, shipping and any applicable duty and tax fees and the procedure to purchase the item.

Once you have confirmed your order, you will be able to pay us through a secured gateway and we will go ahead and purchase the item for you and ship it to you. You should allow about 10 days from the time you place your order to receive your product. You do not need to have a U.S. credit card to make purchases, we will make all the purchases on your behalf.

hello Divya

welcome to hifivision

Do u work for "ICC world", if not, then have you purchased anything thro' them.

After going through the tread i am totally confused about the different options available to buy online from US....

which is the right way to go???

20north.com

or

vpostasia.com/india

or

bhphotovideo.com (i think they are offering warranty to international buyers as well for extra charge), also i searched for items on this site and the price was same as Amazon.com

I am confused about the customs duty aspect... which is the best way to go..

20north.com takes care of custom duty, what about the other 2 sites???

After going through the tread i am totally confused about the different options available to buy online from US....

which is the right way to go???

20north.com

or

vpostasia.com/india

or

bhphotovideo.com (i think they are offering warranty to international buyers as well for extra charge), also i searched for items on this site and the price was same as Amazon.com

I am confused about the customs duty aspect... which is the best way to go..

20north.com takes care of custom duty, what about the other 2 sites???

Hi,

Well, I can comment on 20North and Vpost, while I have no clue about the last one.

You have to take the cost factor of your item, weight, type, location, etc. of your item. IMHO, Vpost will turn out cheaper for some items and 20North will turn out. Taxes and local handling charges are not taken care by Vpost, but 20north though gives you a rough quote, it may exceed once in a while.

You may need to check the item cost, shipping cost, delivery time (if you are impatient), etc., before choosing one. Both 20north and Vpost are good and have more positive experiences than negative!

Hi,

Well, I can comment on 20North and Vpost, while I have no clue about the last one.

You have to take the cost factor of your item, weight, type, location, etc. of your item. IMHO, Vpost will turn out cheaper for some items and 20North will turn out. Taxes and local handling charges are not taken care by Vpost, but 20north though gives you a rough quote, it may exceed once in a while.

You may need to check the item cost, shipping cost, delivery time (if you are impatient), etc., before choosing one. Both 20north and Vpost are good and have more positive experiences than negative!

Thanks for the prompt response... I am certainly looking forward to trying my hand purchasing from these two sites.. I will post my experience dealing with these sites... Thanks once again....

Hey guys,
I haven't bought any electronics item from 20north, but have bought a pair of shoes. It got delivered late. But I would suggest to steer away from this site coz the charge a lot as their own processing and handling charges apart from the shipping charges which they refuse to explain.

How they work is they get the product shipped by Amazon to their warehouse in New Jersey and from there they ship it out to India. I have a doubt the the courier company is also the site owner's company.

For example a product on amazon is Rs.9500 + Rs. 500 for shipping, the price that will be shown in 20north website will be Rs.12,000. On top of that you have pay shipping to India and customs duty.

Like someone said in this thread, its advisable only to get stuff you can't get in India thru this.

On a related note, I've found shopyourworld.com less expensive than 20north.

So there you go folks. Hope this was helpful.

20North has pretty interesting products and brands. I was struggling to find Edwin Watts golf gear, even when I was in Mumbai, but I found it here. But, as someone pointed out, it may not be economical for buying products that are easily available in India. Duty will not be much for products whose price is not too high. But international shipping cost is a function of weight and can be high for bulky items even if the item itself is low priced. In the US, thanksgiving and Xmas shopping discounts are big. I assume 20North will have Christmas and thanksgiving sale too since they are from US.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back