26" tv

shredder

I am planning to go in for a 26" LCD/LED TV. Does anyone have any suggestions as to model and brand? I know that people are going to suggest bigger but I already have a plasma. I just want a no frills TV that I can easily carry into different rooms when the mood strikes me, which I can't obviously do with a plasma. However, I want to go in for a TV which utilises a VA or IPS panel, preferably VA because I can't stand the blue glow produced by IPS panels when displaying black (called the IPS glow, I think). TN panel based TVs are out of the question as the vertical viewing angles are bad and PQ is pathetic.

However, (and this may just be a rumour) I am given to believe that these companies use TN panels for TVs lesser than 32 inches. Correct me if I am wrong.

I was contemplating the following models from Samsung/Sony as I hear that these 2 companies use VA panels in their TVs.
UA26EH4000RMXL 21,500
UA26EH4800RMXL 23,500
UA26EH4000 23000
Sony BX350 22,900
KLV 24EX430 18,900

Can anyone please confirm whether these models have VA panels or TN panels? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Also LG TVs:
26CS470 19,500
26CS410 18,000
I am not crazy about IPS, but with LG at least you know what panel you are getting.

Last edited:
BTW, I saw a 32" LCD from Haier today. I think it was their base model. Surprise! Surprise! but the PQ was very good; much better than the IPS based LGs next to it. Which makes me wonder about the kind of panels used by Haier. Could they possibly be using some kind of VA panel?? It was not a TN panel; I checked the vertical viewing angle and no perceptible darkening.

Also have just read on avsforum that the Samsung EH series are no longer edge-lit LED but full-array LED. It's no-where mentioned in the product description but I did notice that the 26" EH version was much thicker than the previous generation of edge-lit LEDs; in fact, its thickness was more like that of the CCFL LCDs. So maybe it is full-array LED after all.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back