32" FHD LCD for 32k Urgent advice needed..

hotsu

Hie,
Please forgive me if already posted or posted in wrong section..Kindly link me to the page in former case.
I am planning to buy an LCD/LED TV. Please Advice ASAP..
Any help is much appreciated. Desperately need your expert advice..

1. Budget.:- 32k(max)

2. Viewing distance.: 6ft

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.:-HD DTH, HDMI through laptop.

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.:- LCD/LED.

5. Preference for brands.: Samsung, LG, Sony, Any

6. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.:- 1080p playback through USB, should be able to play mkv, divx and most formats..

Regards

was having the same dilemma 5 days back
i got myself a 32eh5000 for 32k.you can try looking into that model if you are not interested in smarttv options
i felt, in under 35k budget it was by far the most impressive as far as pic quality was concerned among the other lcds/leds in display in multiple stores while playing the demo videos.
am really happy with mine.plays everything i threw at it thru usb.
am not quite sure bout motion blur while playing games as the only game i play nowdays is gears of war pc multiplayer and havent really faced any problems with that.
go to any local store and check it out
carry a few 1080p videos in a pen drive for reference aswell(personal experience most stores use crappy youtube rips to demo clips through usb)
other options i considered:lg lk430,panasonic v30d or x30d dont quite remember,32ex550(a bit over budget),sammy 550d

Last edited:
Thank you all for replying..
Going through various forums, I decided to buy LA32D580K4R. I got it from Samsung Plaza, I knew that the model has been discontinued. So I specifically told the manager of the showroom that I won't accept a Demo Piece. He said he had two in stock so no Question of sending Demo Piece..But to my horror, He delivered a TV with the manufacturer Seal Broken and a clear tape was used to bind the carton..I immediately called him, but he said it had been broken for testing and assured me it was brand new..But I had my doubts. So after installation, I checked the usage hours and my nightmare turned to reality as the usage hours were 571 Hrs. I took a pic of the screen and immediately dashed off to the dealer. He became very angry and spoke in a very uncivil and arrogant manner and told me to "Do What I Could" and that he would not replace it.. After 2 days of agony, I have finally forced him to replace the TV by calling the head office in Gurgaon and Noida. I even mailed to the CEO and the US and Korea Service Departments of Samsung an complained to consumer helpline and Center for fair Business practices, India. Now that I have an option now..
Please advice which latest 32" LED in the latest 2012 lineup would be good for the features mentioned in the first post. I have even expanded my budget to 37K to avoid being sucked back in the same loop..
People Please reply soon as I have to go to his showroom within a day or two..The manager is very shrewd and won't miss a chance to deny the exchange on any basis..

Please advice

Hi Check Sony's Ex420, Ex520, Ex550 and Ex650. Panasonics X50 and E50 series.
Thank you all for replying..
Going through various forums, I decided to buy LA32D580K4R. I got it from Samsung Plaza, I knew that the model has been discontinued. So I specifically told the manager of the showroom that I won't accept a Demo Piece. He said he had two in stock so no Question of sending Demo Piece..But to my horror, He delivered a TV with the manufacturer Seal Broken and a clear tape was used to bind the carton..I immediately called him, but he said it had been broken for testing and assured me it was brand new..But I had my doubts. So after installation, I checked the usage hours and my nightmare turned to reality as the usage hours were 571 Hrs. I took a pic of the screen and immediately dashed off to the dealer. He became very angry and spoke in a very uncivil and arrogant manner and told me to "Do What I Could" and that he would not replace it.. After 2 days of agony, I have finally forced him to replace the TV by calling the head office in Gurgaon and Noida. I even mailed to the CEO and the US and Korea Service Departments of Samsung an complained to consumer helpline and Center for fair Business practices, India. Now that I have an option now..
Please advice which latest 32" LED in the latest 2012 lineup would be good for the features mentioned in the first post. I have even expanded my budget to 37K to avoid being sucked back in the same loop..
People Please reply soon as I have to go to his showroom within a day or two..The manager is very shrewd and won't miss a chance to deny the exchange on any basis..

Please advice

@aks316: Thanks for the quick reply..
But as I said I bought the TV from Samsung Plaza and I have to choose a Sammy..
How is the new EH5000?? Or should I go with D5000??
I'm open to other models too as far as the PQ is concerned and as long as the new budget is not breached..

I'm open to other models too as far as the PQ is concerned and as long as the new budget is not breached..

Go for eh

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Hi somehow i didnt like the eh series of Samsung. I think d5000 is better and slimmer and picture quality will be the same.

Hi somehow i didnt like the eh series of Samsung. I think d5000 is better and slimmer and picture quality will be the same.

No eh is full array, simply means it won't be slim like other edge lit models like es and d5k. Pq is better on eh. No doubt abt that.

Samsung's full-array backlight system uses fewer LEDs than full-array systems on higher-end local-dimming TVs, and fewer even than edge-lit models. The paucity of actual LEDs allows Samsung and other makers of new full-array sets like the EH6000 to charge less than for other kinds of LED TVs.
No eh is full array, simply means it won't be slim like other edge lit models like es and d5k. Pq is better on eh. No doubt abt that.

I still think you should go for a slim led tv like d5000 than eh series.

Samsung's full-array backlight system uses fewer LEDs than full-array systems on higher-end local-dimming TVs, and fewer even than edge-lit models. The paucity of actual LEDs allows Samsung and other makers of new full-array sets like the EH6000 to charge less than for other kinds of LED TVs.

Can you show me any other tv maker giving a full array for low price. You simply can't. Full array means less led's than edge. Lol. You should do little bit of research.

All 2012 models will beat previous years. It's all about new technologies, panels etc

Last edited:
@all: Thanks to everyone of the experts who replied in this thread..
I have not yet exchanged the TV. I am confused as whether I should stick to D580 even though it has been used for 571Hrs. Do the features of this TV outweigh the condition??
As I have been continuously searching forums and internet, I have of the view that none of the new models have features and connectivity comparable to D580 in the same price range.
I have demoed eh5000 and am very impressed with the PQ and it was far better that 32" es model, but couldn't really compare it with the D580 side by side..

So my Question is: Should I stick to D580 or go with eh5000?
Does eh5k have vga connectivity or Ethernet??

Hi dont count the features but see which feature you will use the most. I think you should get it exchanged and buy es model.
@all: Thanks to everyone of the experts who replied in this thread..
I have not yet exchanged the TV. I am confused as whether I should stick to D580 even though it has been used for 571Hrs. Do the features of this TV outweigh the condition??
As I have been continuously searching forums and internet, I have of the view that none of the new models have features and connectivity comparable to D580 in the same price range.
I have demoed eh5000 and am very impressed with the PQ and it was far better that 32" es model, but couldn't really compare it with the D580 side by side..

So my Question is: Should I stick to D580 or go with eh5000?
Does eh5k have vga connectivity or Ethernet??

Back