3D & Networking Blu ray player from OPPO:BDP-93

These are two popular places where you can order the kit (ebay maybe cheaper)

Bluraychip.dk has a solder-free mod-kit for $89. It makes the BDP-93 region-free for both Blu-ray and DVD. Price includes shipping and tax.
JVBDigital.nl has a solder-free mod-kit for $109, with free shipping to the U.S. and the Netherlands. It makes the BDP-93 region-free for both Blu-ray and DVD.

Thanks a ton for the info guys.
Are the mod kits mentioned here suitable only for Oppo 93 or are general.
Can I fix the mod kit myself or will I have to rely on anyone else?

Regards,
Amit

There is a soft hack available for download which makes the Oppo 93 region free for DVDs and is very easy to install too. If you play mainly all region and region A BDs then this hack makes it possible to play all region DVDs. Best of all it is free

These are two popular places where you can order the kit (ebay maybe cheaper)

Bluraychip.dk has a solder-free mod-kit for $89. It makes the BDP-93 region-free for both Blu-ray and DVD. Price includes shipping and tax.
JVBDigital.nl has a solder-free mod-kit for $109, with free shipping to the U.S. and the Netherlands. It makes the BDP-93 region-free for both Blu-ray and DVD.

Hey Sudhir,
Just checked the url's mentioned above.
JVBDigital says it modifies the player into region free for only DVD's and not Bluray.
Bluraychip claims on both. 2 weeks for delivery in the US!!

Are the mod kits mentioned here suitable only for Oppo 93 or are general.
Can I fix the mod kit myself or will I have to rely on anyone else?

1. They are dependent on the model.
2. You can do it yourself (its fairly straightforward).

Softhacks in general, I am not sure of this specific one, don't work after firmware upgrades and are dependent on the firmware version, which a company like Oppo does quite often. So do your research and then install it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back