3D & Networking Blu ray player from OPPO:BDP-93

RESPECTED sud ,
i try to make you understand ,what i say,
i have option = 2 old oppo
one oppo 80 & oppo83 , approx both price difference nearing indian money 15000/-[aprox 25000-39000], benefit you play any bd in the world in oppo ,
one of my friend said USA make bluray disk is very high quality,

in 2nd option is indian sony import bdp 370 model ,which play indian made or region free bluray disk,
sony bdp 370 now come to nearing 9500/-only with ono hdmi cable +two sony film make imported bluray disk.
there fore any option to make this indian sony s370 bdp to all zone or region free , for see good film with good quality bluray disk of usa,
thats all ,
dont mined ,i give you trouble,:eek::eek::eek:

Maybe I am getting old but its very difficult to read and understand what your are saying, somdev.

The oppo bdp80 and the oppo bdp83 are not being sold but they will be serviceable. So you could buy a used one and you should have no worries on the service.

For the sony, buying from the US would mean it will play only US region blu rays and dvd's. So if you are fine with that, go ahead. Else, buy the panasonic bdp which can be modded to make it region free.

RESPECTED sud ,
i try to make you understand ,what i say,
i have option = 2 old oppo
one oppo 80 & oppo83 , approx both price difference nearing indian money 15000/-[aprox 25000-39000], benefit you play any bd in the world in oppo ,
one of my friend said USA make bluray disk is very high quality,

in 2nd option is indian sony import bdp 370 model ,which play indian made or region free bluray disk,
sony bdp 370 now come to nearing 9500/-only with ono hdmi cable +two sony film make imported bluray disk.
there fore any option to make this indian sony s370 bdp to all zone or region free , for see good film with good quality bluray disk of usa,
thats all ,
dont mined ,i give you trouble,:eek::eek::eek:

Dear Somen,
Sony BDP 370 is region Locked to C.That means you can play Blurays bought in India only. There is separate thread discussing Sony BDP-370 capabilities.Please go through it.
Here is the link http://www.hifivision.com/blu-ray-d...aunches-new-blu-ray-player-rs-9-999-a-33.html.

Coming to Bluray Discs, there won't be any difference in Video quality and Audio quality between US imported and India available Discs.Only that you will miss some of the extras which are available in US editions.

Regards
Satya.

satya
i have some relief:lol:,mainly i want good quality of picture ,i have sony 32" v550 fullhd ,it is necessary to buy only sony bdp ,or i buy other bdp it has any matching problem or mental satisfaction, every bd in film relished in in other zone ,same import in india [without director cut or other news cut ][pm to you] no problem for me ,
thank you
satya

Dear Somen,
Sony BDP 370 is region Locked to C.That means you can play Blurays bought in India only. There is separate thread discussing Sony BDP-370 capabilities.Please go through it.
Here is the link http://www.hifivision.com/blu-ray-d...aunches-new-blu-ray-player-rs-9-999-a-33.html.

Coming to Bluray Discs, there won't be any difference in Video quality and Audio quality between US imported and India available Discs.Only that you will miss some of the extras which are available in US editions.

Regards
Satya.

Last edited:
satya
i have some relief:lol:,mainly i want good quality of picture ,i have sony 32" v550 fullhd ,it is necessary to buy only sony bdp ,or i buy other bdp it has any matching problem or mental satisfaction, every bd in film relished in in other zone ,same import in india [without director cut or other news cut ][pm to you] no problem for me ,
thank you
satya
You can connect any brand blu ray player to your TV.Not necessarily a sony BDP, there won't be any compatibility issues.
If you are planning to buy only India released discs, get Sony BDP-370 for 9700 change.If you frequently import or your friends send you discs from US or UK regions, avoid Sony BDP and buy Panasonic BD60/80 BDP, its easy to make this BDP region free.
Since you are using 32inch TV, don't spend huge money on Oppo as you mentioned in another post.You will not see ANY difference at all in PQ compared to Sony or Panasonic.

Thanks
Satya.

I am sorry to say, but that is not correct. There are several blu-rays with huge differences in quality between the one's being sold in Indai and the US. Case in point being the blu-ray of 'The Reader' and quite afew titles released by Disney in India.

So, will the BD93 double be able to passthrough HD audio while reading off a hard-disk/network? If this happens, I will be looking to replace my PS3 (Slim) with this and move the xtreamer to my bedroom setup. Since there are improvments to the transport over the BD83, I will have one device which will do pretty much everything - CDP, SACD Player, region free BDP, Media Player and a few more.

Strangely, the stereo analog outs have been eliminated in the BD93, so we'll need a DAC if connecting to a stereo pre-amp.

So, will the BD93 double be able to passthrough HD audio while reading off a hard-disk/network? If this happens, I will be looking to replace my PS3 (Slim) with this and move the xtreamer to my bedroom setup. Since there are improvments to the transport over the BD83, I will have one device which will do pretty much everything - CDP, SACD Player, region free BDP, Media Player and a few more.

Strangely, the stereo analog outs have been eliminated in the BD93, so we'll need a DAC if connecting to a stereo pre-amp.

I would say wait for the first set of user reviews to understand what works and what doesnt. With the 83 too there is support for streaming but it is glitchy.

I've learnt that the BDP-93 will not support samba, which means you'll have to have a dlna server running on your nas/computer. This is especially problematic when transcoding is required since with the BDP-80, I am unable to rewind/forward transcoded videos. Hence, without samba and with only limited format support, I doubt if it will be a viable standalone network media player. Also, while the specs state that NTFS will be supported, it is not clear if this is true via USB or only esata.

Is it easy to make Oppo blu-ray players region-free? I was of the opinion, that Oppo's players, bought/imported from the US will only play Region A blu-rays and Region 1 DVDs.

Can they be made region-free for both blu-rays (Region ABC) and DVDs (Regions 1-8)?

It was easy - I just had to unscrew the outer metal cover and then plug in the small circuit (using existing connectors). Didn't need any other tools/soldering etc. Took about 5 min.

Price 499USD and Specifications are confirmed officially on Oppo site for 93.
Finally Oppo Dumped Anchor Bay and going with Marvell's Kyoto-G2 video processor. What ever could be the results with this new chip, this move will definitely make 83 into a vintage Status. So owner's of 83 better hold on to it.
OPPO BDP-93 Blu-ray Disc Player

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Could you please confirm if the Oppo BD93 is also region free for Bluray and if so are there versions of the BD 93 which are not region free?

Regards,
Amit

By Default, out of the box it will be Region Locked to A if bought from US. You need to make it region free by installing region free kit or you have to buy a Region free kit installed player by paying a premium price.

These are two popular places where you can order the kit (ebay maybe cheaper)

Bluraychip.dk has a solder-free mod-kit for $89. It makes the BDP-93 region-free for both Blu-ray and DVD. Price includes shipping and tax.
JVBDigital.nl has a solder-free mod-kit for $109, with free shipping to the U.S. and the Netherlands. It makes the BDP-93 region-free for both Blu-ray and DVD.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back