40" LCD suggestion needed

zboy123

Hi guys
I need your expert opinions to help me guide through a purchase. As I have said before here that I wanna buy a 40" LCD as a Diwali gift for my parents.
I had zeroed in on LG-LH90 based on reviews here but as it turns out there aren't many options in the small town where my parents reside.

These are the options there:
1. Sony klv40s550A - 59K
2. Sony klv40V550A - 64K
3. Samsung 40B530 - 55.5K with offer
4. Samsung 40B550 - 60K with offer
5. LG Scarlet 2.0 42LH70YR - 70K with offer

I am not much satisfied with the samsung LCD I have in my living room. Besides Scarlet is very feature rich. Although, I haven't seen it myself but reviews sound promising.*
So, out of the given choices Scarlet seems to be a good choice to me. What do you guys suggest?

Usage:
70% Tata Sky plus
25% HD movies
5% PS Gaming

Hi guys
I need your expert opinions to help me guide through a purchase. As I have said before here that I wanna buy a 40" LCD as a Diwali gift for my parents.
I had zeroed in on LG-LH90 based on reviews here but as it turns out there aren't many options in the small town where my parents reside.

These are the options there:
1. Sony klv40s550A - 59K
2. Sony klv40V550A - 64K
3. Samsung 40B530 - 55.5K with offer
4. Samsung 40B550 - 60K with offer
5. LG Scarlet 2.0 42LH70YR - 70K with offer

I am not much satisfied with the samsung LCD I have in my living room. Besides Scarlet is very feature rich. Although, I haven't seen it myself but reviews sound promising.*
So, out of the given choices Scarlet seems to be a good choice to me. What do you guys suggest?

Usage:
70% Tata Sky plus
25% HD movies
5% PS Gaming

I'm mainly torn between sammy 530 and scarlet 2.0 Is LG worth the premium of 15K or are sammy lottery of panels not worth it? Guys please help?

not the answer u r looking for but sammy 40" b530 is available for 51k without any offer in delhi..and that may not even the best price..

well what ever the panel samsung uses it still has a edge in contrast compared to LG.the worst of the panels u get in samsung will have inferior viewing angle ,washed out colors.
the samsung also has a slightly better image processing.

btw are the prices under exchange and is the sony prices of grey market or showroom.

I'm mainly torn between sammy 530 and scarlet 2.0 Is LG worth the premium of 15K or are sammy lottery of panels not worth it? Guys please help?

The LG will definitely show more variation in colors and brightness than the Samsung and Sony. Samsung will have more contrast but it wont be that noticeable.LG has clearly improved their pic processing and i was able to notice that when i looked at a few models in a chroma month ago.

I would recommend the LG but the price seems little high.

No the prices aren't under exchange. I finally decided to go witj Scarlet 2.0 42". Final offer is: 69K

Is this good price? What do you guys say? Is Scarlet a good choice or should I go with something else?

No the prices aren't under exchange. I finally decided to go witj Scarlet 2.0 42". Final offer is: 69K

Is this good price? What do you guys say? Is Scarlet a good choice or should I go with something else?

well for that price u can almost get the samsung B650.

Scarlet is a good choice but the price seems high. compare india says it is available for 61k.

Compare India - Televisions - LG-42LH70YR Scarlet 2.0

Compare India

Well I bought it and I guess 69K with offer is not that bad considering it's with the offer. Compareindia prices are without offer and most shops are selling for 65-66K. I got a 4.5K worth DVD player and 50 movies pack. Also, I got a nice free dinner set, some nice crockery sets as well, as a gift set worth at least 1.5K (some other smaller tid-bit gifts included). I also got Tata Sky+ for 5K considering it's 6K for new connections according to website and an AC from the same shop all at reasonable prices.

In the end, I guess being a small town..... I might not have been offered the best prices but a pretty decent deal nevertheless.

I'm still sad that I couldn't get LH90 - the LG LED TV, since I really liked what I saw. I need to get my parents to move to Delhi too. Small towns just suck when it comes to availability of quality materials.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back