42 or 46 inch LED or LCD tv with best picture quality for SD content

nfsnfs

I did not want to start a new thread , but my requirements are some what different

1.42 or either 46 inch is ok . Viewing distance 10 feet .

2.MAIN REQUIREMENT .Pictures and videos ( baby photos and videos) from Pen drive / Hard drive should be playable and should be looking good . The pictures will also be from DSLR .So best/real picture quality is a appreciated .FULL HD needed. All types Movies and DVD rips also should be playable .

3.Service and warranty should be good . Panny has 3 years ,any other company have 3 years ?
4.Will be on Videocon D2H , so most of the time SD content . Will be on endless soap channels ,so plasma will have IR and more power consumption .
5.Internet feature is welcome .
6.3D not required .
7.Wall mountable for future is welcome or does all of them come with wall mount ?
8.Audio quality should be decent .

Budget up-to 60 K but stretchable .

I did not want to start a new thread , but my requirements are some what different

1.42 or either 46 inch is ok . Viewing distance 10 feet .

2.MAIN REQUIREMENT .Pictures and videos ( baby photos and videos) from Pen drive / Hard drive should be playable and should be looking good . The pictures will also be from DSLR .So best/real picture quality is a appreciated .FULL HD needed. All types Movies and DVD rips also should be playable .

3.Service and warranty should be good . Panny has 3 years ,any other company have 3 years ?
4.Will be on Videocon D2H , so most of the time SD content . Will be on endless soap channels ,so plasma will have IR and more power consumption .
5.Internet feature is welcome .
6.3D not required .
7.Wall mountable for future is welcome or does all of them come with wall mount ?
8.Audio quality should be decent .

Budget up-to 60 K but stretchable .

1. 40-42 inch will do
2. Videos watching experience is better in plasma than LED's (depends on room conditions)
3. Sony gives 2 yr extended warranty also
4. Well all DTH in India have maximum SD channels only.
5. Well internet features are there is most of the models in this range
6. Looking at your budget you wont get any great 3D experience so better to skip it
7. Wall mount facility available in all major brands
8. Most of the TV's in this range and category lacks bass so better to but a sound bar or HT

My suggestion if you want LED then
1. Samsung 40EH5330
2. Sony 40EX650 (if you can increase your budget to 65k)
3. Sony 40EX520 ( but this is a 2011 model almost similar to 40EX650 pricing will be in a range of 55-60k)

Plasma
Panasonic P42XT50D

My suggestion if you want LED then
1. Samsung 40EH5330
2. Sony 40EX650 (if you can increase your budget to 65k)
3. Sony 40EX520 ( but this is a 2011 model almost similar to 40EX650 pricing will be in a range of 55-60k)

Plasma
Panasonic P42XT50D

Thanks frosts .

This will in common HALL not room ,so it will have lights when required .

Is the street price also 65K for Sony 40EX650 ,since MRP is 68900 ?
How much will 46 inch cost in street ?

Hows the reliability of sony ? . Will this last alteast 5-6 years ?

Thanks frosts .

This will in common HALL not room ,so it will have lights when required .

Is the street price also 65K for Sony 40EX650 ,since MRP is 68900 ?
How much will 46 inch cost in street ?

Hows the reliability of sony ? . Will this last alteast 5-6 years ?
Rs 64,990 is a common price everywhere. You wont get any discount due to Sony Fixed Pricing Policy. But currently Sony has a Ganesh Chaturthi offer where you some discounts on Home Theater (around 1-2k on price) .

If you are interested to buy online 40EX650 then infibeam has a good offer
Buy Sony BRAVIA Full HD LED TV KDL-40EX650, 40 Inch LED Price, Best LED India - Infibeam.com
Price is Rs 62,199 with COD and Free Shipping , 30 Days Replacement Guarantee . Just confirm with them that suppose you want a Sony Extended Warranty are you eligible to get that. As they do give 1 year manufacturing warranty but I have heard that might be they don't give extended warranty if purchased online (not at all sure do cross check with infibeam and Sony customer care).

Sony 46EX650 street price is Rs 89,899 . Not available in infibeam though. for 10 ft 40 inch in my suggestion is perfect. but if you like 46 inch then definitely go for it.

Well Sony products reliability in this range is more than Samsung , LG for sure.
No one can guarantee you how much it will last . It can last 3 yrs or it can last upto 9 yrs also. it all depends on many factors. But overall it should last 5+yrs for moderate use.

I am looking for a 42inch plasma/led/lcd within a budget of 40-44k, i am not getting pansonic plasma in that range in hyderabad 42x50 is around 48k and 42x50t is 51k, samsung lower models is around 35k and 42k,i don't know the model numbers but worried about 1 year warranty on sammy so hesitate to go for it as in this forum itslef many have complained that their sammy sets are going kaput in a year.I am looking at SHARP/TOSHIBA lcds quoting around 50 an 40k with 3 year warranty.whether to go for sammy/sony lcd are available in that range under 42 category.so let me have your opinions.

I would suggest wait for couple of week to have Festival offer on Panasonic Plasma.

Yes i will wait,but this time i do not think those festive offers will be attractive,first panny 2012 models are in short supply and they have increased the prices by 2-4k,thanks to shortage/demand/transportation or some cost.

I am looking for a 42inch plasma/led/lcd within a budget of 40-44k, i am not getting pansonic plasma in that range in hyderabad 42x50 is around 48k and 42x50t is 51k, samsung lower models is around 35k and 42k,i don't know the model numbers but worried about 1 year warranty on sammy so hesitate to go for it as in this forum itslef many have complained that their sammy sets are going kaput in a year.I am looking at SHARP/TOSHIBA lcds quoting around 50 an 40k with 3 year warranty.whether to go for sammy/sony lcd are available in that range under 42 category.so let me have your opinions.

I would suggest to increased the budget and get 42UT50 for 65K . This is because ,panny has 3 years warranty and its a good set . Its a one time affair , you don't buy TVs every other month .

You can get a 40inch LCD/LED from samsung,sony for around 50k budget, do keep in mind that plasma tv will have massive reflections and prone to image burn-in.

if in showrooms they dont reflect in home they wont......means if you like plasmas in showrooms you will love plasmas in home.
anyway for imgae retention issue,read about it anf how to prevent it and consider that before buy..........

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back