42ST30 Impressions.

ok, i remember a panasonic salesman mentioning that all these options were removed from 2011 models as image retention and burn-in are no more a problem...

Let me go back and Check from Home. I believe there is orbiter and turned on. I believe there is also color cycle or whitewash option (Not sure which one).

i guess white wash and scrolling bar are After Burn-in tools...

please check if there's any time interval option in ur pixel orbiter coz i remember a similar option was shown to me in LG showroom which had the option to select the time interval between each orbiter run.....

There is no time option on pixel orbiter ( Im sure its there, Still at office :D ).
Whitewash / Scroller / Color Wave etc are for deep IR.
Burn-in is a permanent situation and cannot be corrected.

EDIT: At Home Now : Yes, there is a pixel orbiter. No there are option to control them other than ON/OFF
Yes, there is a scroller to get rid of IR issues, if you encounter any.

i guess white wash and scrolling bar are After Burn-in tools...

please check if there's any time interval option in ur pixel orbiter coz i remember a similar option was shown to me in LG showroom which had the option to select the time interval between each orbiter run.....

Last edited:
Guys a bit of tele search resulted in the following prices

42"VT20 + 2 nos. 3D glasses + Tata sky HD + Adidas bag @60K
42"GT20 + As Above + + @ 69K
42"ST30 + As Above + + @ 69K

50"VT20 + above offer @ 98K
50"ST30 + above offer @ 100K

I am looking at 40~42" size and to make matters more confusing a Sony dealer whom I had visited previously also called up confirming availability of an elusive model from the previous year i.e. 40" HX800 @ 55K. This is the top of the line model from their 2010 line up. I know LEDs are not considered to be in the same bracket as the Plasmas but since internet on TV and 3D etc. are not a priority for my parents(tv is for their bedroom) & they mostly watch the saas-bahu serials & occasionally movies on their dvd player, I am quite tempted to jump ship and go with the Sony due to it's lower power consumption & sleeker looks. However, Panasonic's 3 year warranty and the slightly larger screen size (by 2") have their own attraction. What do you guys say.

@allajunaki could you please let me know if the connection ports at the back of the 42ST30 are placed in a sideways+rearwards arrangement or sideways + bottom configuration as this time around they want to wall mount the tv and it will be better to have a tv with the ports in the side + bottom configuration

Last edited:
I would like to know one more thing :

Would I be able to play games on ST30 through my lappy connected via HDMI cable ???

Someone had written the plasma don't work like PC Monitors, so I was a little worried... :(

Khoj,

can you let me know where did you get this offer??. it seems all the models you listed comes with 2 3D glasses.....

42"VT20 + 2 nos. 3D glasses + Tata sky HD + Adidas bag @60K
42"GT20 + As Above + + @ 69K
42"ST30 + As Above + + @ 69K

There is no time option on pixel orbiter ( Im sure its there, Still at office :D ).
Whitewash / Scroller / Color Wave etc are for deep IR.
Burn-in is a permanent situation and cannot be corrected.

EDIT: At Home Now : Yes, there is a pixel orbiter. No there are option to control them other than ON/OFF
Yes, there is a scroller to get rid of IR issues, if you encounter any.

so have you kept this pixel orbiter running from day 1?
And reg. the wall mount which is provided with ST30, is it a Panasonic product or is it some local brand which the dealers offer?....

Last edited:
@sunshine_vsk,

The offer is from the Panasonic brand shop in Karol Bagh and yes the person did say 2 glasses. I spoke to him twice over the phone and both times he repeated the offer. Can recheck when I visit the shop

Infact he did give another offer for the 50"VT20 @1.25L with the offer + a Blue ray disc player worth 30K+ from Panasonic and 98K without the BD player rest of the package remaining as it is.

@sunshine_vsk,

The offer is from the Panasonic brand shop in Karol Bagh and yes the person did say 2 glasses. I spoke to him twice over the phone and both times he repeated the offer. Can recheck when I visit the shop

Infact he did give another offer for the 50"VT20 @1.25L with the offer + a Blue ray disc player worth 30K+ from Panasonic and 98K without the BD player rest of the package remaining as it is.

Khoj,

so your planning to buy 50VT20?

Most of the panasonic bluray players wont pay MKV HD files. But if they offer you Bluray player model BDT110 it will be an advantage for you as it does 2D to 3D conversion which 50VT20 can't perform. :)

I would like to know one more thing :

Would I be able to play games on ST30 through my lappy connected via HDMI cable ???

Someone had written the plasma don't work like PC Monitors, so I was a little worried... :(

Yes, you can. I have my Home Theater PC, and it is connected to TV.
But I would recommend not using it as a web browser. You can however play movies straight off the Laptop through your TV.

What they wrote is, since PC displays a lot of static elements for extended duration, this will not become your 42" PC Monitor ( Plamsas really dont like displaying static elements for a long time, say over an hour or more, you will get image retention).

Yes, on from day 1. But you will not notice it (atleast I dont, maybe because I had a plasma before, and I had orbiter on that set too :indifferent14:).

Wall mount is from Panasonic. However the mount is not a slim mount, but a regular one (for V20 and other models). The screws that came for the bracket did not fit, as this is an extremely slim plasma ( Looks like a slim LCD Panel, not in LED panel league though). Fortunately, they had some spare shallow mount screws.
Anyway, the new panel slits closer to the wall than my older one.

so have you kept this pixel orbiter running from day 1?
And reg. the wall mount which is provided with ST30, is it a Panasonic product or is it some local brand which the dealers offer?....

Yes, you can. I have my Home Theater PC, and it is connected to TV.
But I would recommend not using it as a web browser. You can however play movies straight off the Laptop through your TV.

What they wrote is, since PC displays a lot of static elements for extended duration, this will not become your 42" PC Monitor ( Plamsas really dont like displaying static elements for a long time, say over an hour or more, you will get image retention).

Thanks a lot for the reply. :)

1 more thing, Can I play computer games on it ? Wanna know coz this is one of the requirements for buying the HDTV....

Mostly I play sports based games like FIFA, Formula 1 and other car races...

@sunshine_vsk,

The same showroom offered me 92k for 50VT20 :p

Yes you can. There is even a "Game Mode" on the panel that improve the lag time by turning of some of the picture processing. Game mode also reminds you how long you have been playing by putting up game time ever half hour (Small, but useful feature.)

I have my PS3 hooked up the TV, works like charm :)

Thanks a lot for the reply. :)

1 more thing, Can I play computer games on it ? Wanna know coz this is one of the requirements for buying the HDTV....

Mostly I play sports based games like FIFA, Formula 1 and other car races...

The same showroom offered me 92k for 50VT20 :p

Yes I know. It was only after reading your post that I called up this showroom and he does have the best prices across town.

I will play the 98K vs 92K card in the end while closing the deal ;) do let me know the final price that you pay for the 50" anything lower than 92 results in a win win for both of us. BTW I will pick up one of the 42" if at all I go for the plasma.

Yes I know. It was only after reading your post that I called up this showroom and he does have the best prices across town.

I will play the 98K vs 92K card in the end while closing the deal ;) do let me know the final price that you pay for the 50" anything lower than 92 results in a win win for both of us. BTW I will pick up one of the 42" if at all I go for the plasma.

I am not going for 50VT20.

Instead buying 50ST30, and he is not in any kind of mood to come down in that. Final price quoted to me by him is 102k with Tata Sky HD and 2 glasses (infact 2 glasses is not an offer, it is in the box itself) :(

Also, I think there is something wrong in VT20, especially the 42" model, coz he is offering it 9k less than GT20 which is an inferior model... So, take this into account before going in for the purchase...

Last edited:
Good decision it might be. 50vt20 vs 50st30. what are the pros and cons? Dear Allajunaki, ur views on this please. U seem to be the expert on this. Hope for some exciting bundling offers from panny this festival. Sony are always good during festival. Last year they had mind boggling offer on hx800. too tempting and hard to resist it was. I think it was 40hx800 with 3d bluray player, 10 blu ray discs, hdmi cable and soundbar for 1.14lac.(free bundle itself was worth 60k). My brother got it. superb deal.

Good decision it might be. 50vt20 vs 50st30. what are the pros and cons? Dear Allajunaki, ur views on this please. U seem to be the expert on this. Hope for some exciting bundling offers from panny this festival. Sony are always good during festival. Last year they had mind boggling offer on hx800. too tempting and hard to resist it was. I think it was 40hx800 with 3d bluray player, 10 blu ray discs, hdmi cable and soundbar for 1.14lac.(free bundle itself was worth 60k). My brother got it. superb deal.

Go back a few pages in this thread (post No. 83), you will find the differences illustrated by Allajunaki between VT20 and ST30... Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back