42ST30 Impressions.

emailnagpal,

where did you get this quote from and how many 3D glasses are they offering with 50ST30?

Got it from a local dealer, he is offering this rate with tatasky HD. No other scheme. But says if there is any Diwali offer, he will give that as and when announced...

I got the 2010 model. It is comfortable, but at night, make sure you turn off all artificial lights. Since our powersupply is at 50Hz, they tend to cause some eye fatigue, since glasses run at 60.
In any case 2011 model 3D eyewear is far superior.

I think TV does a good job. But My SD Content is being upscaled by TS+ HD Box, and they perform rather average. Moreover, I rarely watch anything other than HD on this TV :)
SD watched from my LG Plasma ;)

allajunaki,

The 3D eyewear, was it given seperately or was it inside the box packing of 42ST30?. coz few dealers told me that ST30 comes with the 3D eye wear which has rechargeable batteries....... i guess 2010 models had a replaceable button cell battery.

Panasonic India website is not upto the mark. But, atleast their TV's are good :D
As far as Specs go, I thought they are pretty complete, what did they miss?

Am I the only owner of ST30 At the moment. I see a lot of people planning/considering. But I'm yet to see a single purchase of this TV so far in this forum.

Checked out Sucker Punch on this TV. The movie is far below expectations (which was already low, after reading reviews). But the movie looked amazing on ST30. Colors, sharpness etc was good. The movie had way too much of Film grain, but it blends in well the style of movie they were aiming at. Purely from a PQ perspective it was a treat to watch.

Cant wait to watch Watchmen and Sincity on this TV, should be a treat :)

Since you are a owner of 42st30, this one is for you. so far i have zeroed in on 42v20. can you temme if st30 is better than v20 or can i settle for v20.
i am mainly concerned about PQ, black levels, viewing experience, picture brightness under day light

Actually am looking for an opinion from a owner, to compare these two and tell me if v20 is ok among these or if i am missing something by not going to st30 in 42"

hmmm, then you should find an owner who had V20 in the past and upgraded to ST30. :) Coz one hour or two hour instore comparisions wont give you the info what you are looking for?

Guys a bit of tele search resulted in the following prices

42"VT20 + 2 nos. 3D glasses + Tata sky HD + Adidas bag @60K
42"GT20 + As Above + + @ 69K
42"ST30 + As Above + + @ 69K

50"VT20 + above offer @ 98K
50"ST30 + above offer @ 100K

I am looking at 40~42" size and to make matters more confusing a Sony dealer whom I had visited previously also called up confirming availability of an elusive model from the previous year i.e. 40" HX800 @ 55K. This is the top of the line model from their 2010 line up. I know LEDs are not considered to be in the same bracket as the Plasmas but since internet on TV and 3D etc. are not a priority for my parents(tv is for their bedroom) & they mostly watch the saas-bahu serials & occasionally movies on their dvd player, I am quite tempted to jump ship and go with the Sony due to it's lower power consumption & sleeker looks. However, Panasonic's 3 year warranty and the slightly larger screen size (by 2") have their own attraction. What do you guys say.

@allajunaki could you please let me know if the connection ports at the back of the 42ST30 are placed in a sideways+rearwards arrangement or sideways + bottom configuration as this time around they want to wall mount the tv and it will be better to have a tv with the ports in the side + bottom configuration

which one is the better pick. 42" v20 or 42" vt20 or 42" st30 ? 3d is not my priority. pq and black levels n view in day light are. so far i have zeroed in v20, but here am seeing vt20 too. donno how it fares compared to v20. owners, any idea ?

Got New offers from Panasonic Showroom at my local place :eek:

42ST30D for 65k with 1 3D glass (already in the box) + Tata Sky HD....

Earlier he had given the price of 97k for 50ST30 with same offer...

Now, I think the prices have definitely come down :)

Hi Babu,

Im not sure if there is anything more to say than what I already said.
V20 and VT20 are the very best of 2010.
ST30 is the entry level in "High-end" plasma.
V20 and VT20 are similar Television, with main difference being : 3d and faster phosphor, infinite black pro panel on VT20.

ST30 has inifinite black pro, faster phosphor (faster than 2010 models), better 3d. But ST30 lacks THX mode and ISF modes (advanced color calibration).

Quite honestly, unless you have professional AV Gear, ISF may be hit or miss. Remember, no two panels will calibrate in the same way. Also panel will need to be recalibrated every few months. But that is all if you really want exact color/contrast as per HT Specs. Most of us wont notice. But having said all that, I would still prefer that I have it :)

Also overall brightness of the panel is more on ST30.

For other comparisons, I have already posted an honest comparison without being biased to either of the television : http://www.hifivision.com/television/20017-42st30-impressions-9.html#post283452

Most of the points for v20 holds true for Vt20 too.
Between ST30 and VT20 : Improved 3D (claimed by panasonic, not me :D)
Overall brightness of the panel in 3D mode has been improved in ST30.

Also, are able to find a new v20 anywhere? Especially 42" ?

which one is the better pick. 42" v20 or 42" vt20 or 42" st30 ? 3d is not my priority. pq and black levels n view in day light are. so far i have zeroed in v20, but here am seeing vt20 too. donno how it fares compared to v20. owners, any idea ?

babu21,

what quote you got for V20?.... i guess the price mentioned by khoj are not from chennai showrooms.

It did not come in the box for me.
Yes 2011 Models are supposed to come with rechargable ones. I got 2010 model glasses. But quite honestly I did not bother too much with it ( My grand plans include getting grand daddy of all 3d glasses X103 :D ).
Im not sure if the 3D glasses of 2011 has been improved ( I hope they have) as far as performance goes. But I have heard they are more comfortable.

allajunaki,
The 3D eyewear, was it given seperately or was it inside the box packing of 42ST30?. coz few dealers told me that ST30 comes with the 3D eye wear which has rechargeable batteries....... i guess 2010 models had a replaceable button cell battery.

Hi Babu21

I would say you go for latest technology when it comes to electronics, thus would recommend to go for ST30 than V20. Also, there are few other points for this selection :-

1. Better Blacks, better Whites in ST30
2. Better Contrast Ratio
3. 3D (though u don't require it as of now, still it is an advantage)
4. Faster Phosphor (Less Ghosting and almost nil Image Retention)
5. Slimmer Design
6. Personally I like Black Bezel of ST30 instead of Grey Metallic on V20.

Hope this would have helped :)

Hi Babu,

Im not sure if there is anything more to say than what I already said.
V20 and VT20 are the very best of 2010.
ST30 is the entry level in "High-end" plasma.
V20 and VT20 are similar Television, with main difference being : 3d and faster phosphor, infinite black pro panel on VT20.

ST30 has inifinite black pro, faster phosphor (faster than 2010 models), better 3d. But ST30 lacks THX mode and ISF modes (advanced color calibration).

Quite honestly, unless you have professional AV Gear, ISF may be hit or miss. Remember, no two panels will calibrate in the same way. Also panel will need to be recalibrated every few months. But that is all if you really want exact color/contrast as per HT Specs. Most of us wont notice. But having said all that, I would still prefer that I have it :)

Also overall brightness of the panel is more on ST30.

For other comparisons, I have already posted an honest comparison without being biased to either of the television : http://www.hifivision.com/television/20017-42st30-impressions-9.html#post283452

Most of the points for v20 holds true for Vt20 too.
Between ST30 and VT20 : Improved 3D (claimed by panasonic, not me :D)
Overall brightness of the panel in 3D mode has been improved in ST30.

Also, are able to find a new v20 anywhere? Especially 42" ?

Thanks for your time buddy.
I did bump upon 42v20 . not sure if its new one or old stock.
If there is no 42v20 i thgt of going for st30.
the quote on 42v20 is 54k.
In the above thread it was said that 42vt20 is coming for 60 k. hence the confusion between v20 n vt20.

If someone can say in plain terms that st30 is better on v20 , for the extra cash we have to shell, i can think of st30 simply. remember am not interested in 3d and mostly will be watching tatasky on this.

babu21,

what quote you got for V20?.... i guess the price mentioned by khoj are not from chennai showrooms.

54k in chennai. i kept wondering why the drop of price. After reading over here learnt tat tat model is discontinued.

still its tempting to go for it, considering there is 10k diff with st30 and no one has so far given me the confidence that st30 is worth that extra 10k

Hi Babu21

I would say you go for latest technology when it comes to electronics, thus would recommend to go for ST30 than V20. Also, there are few other points for this selection :-

1. Better Blacks, better Whites in ST30
2. Better Contrast Ratio
3. 3D (though u don't require it as of now, still it is an advantage)
4. Faster Phosphor (Less Ghosting and almost nil Image Retention)
5. Slimmer Design
6. Personally I like Black Bezel of ST30 instead of Grey Metallic on V20.

Hope this would have helped :)

I started reading st30 reviews by the owners. read couple of drawbacks here n there n still trying to understand. will take a call after further understnading. thanks for your time though.

hmmm, then you should find an owner who had V20 in the past and upgraded to ST30. :) Coz one hour or two hour instore comparisions wont give you the info what you are looking for?

i think you got exactly what am going through. a owner who has used either one and checked out the other one can give me his opinion.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back