46 inch plus TV .. HX750 or HX850 or ST50

Well Avmax.. if u ask me she will be more than happy to see a SONY at home.. I reall doubt she gonna care much about those black level & all those stuff.. just gud enough to tune into Soaps... She is happy with my 32 LCD @ home... it's only me lookin for a bigger one as I like to watch movies mainly.. and occssionally sports & news...... ;)

Yes this is grey market. How about Sony HX850 55inch for 1.2L? I can confirm the price by tomorrow.
aks316: The price you have mentioned for 55HX750 is mouthwatering... This is grey market item rt? .. so no warranty... :sad: ... How much 46 HX850 in the grey market?.. just curious..

But I am unlikely to go for Grey market.. unless I get it kinda @ half the price, so that even if it conks off, I can have a replacement with the 50% I saved.. ;) Feeling greedy ... :eek:hyeah:

^

OMG !!! You sure about that? That's pretty much close to half the price. 55HX850 MRP is 2.09lacs.

@manzb

Black level wise there isn't a significant difference between the HX850 and ST50. The difference is in the way each reproduces an image. And unless you see both for yourself you can't be sure which one you personally prefer.
Blacks are inky on both. And under "good" lighting HX850 will preserve those inky blacks better. And in complete darkness the ST50 will do a slightly better job.

Last edited:
As i said i can confirm the price by tomorrow. Sony HX850 46inch is around 1.05L.
^

OMG !!! You sure about that? That's pretty much close to half the price. 55HX850 MRP is 2.09lacs.

@manzb

Black level wise there isn't a significant difference between the HX850 and ST50. The difference is in the way each reproduces an image. And unless you see both for yourself you can't be sure which one you personally prefer.
Blacks are inky on both. And under "good" lighting HX850 will preserve those inky blacks better. And in complete darkness the ST50 will do a slightly better job.

If you buy withoutbill then make sure you buy Belkin multi plug with voltage protection. Only you can decide which tech you like better plasma or LED. In the case of Sony you wont go wrong with either of the two models HX750 & HX850. HX750 is not a bad at all but HX850 is no doubt better. If you can spend on HX850 46inch then go for it. We dont buy a tv everyday. I have asked my Sony guy to give me the best price for Sony HX850 46inch so i will update you on that as soon as possible.
Hmmm ... lookin yummy... aks ;)

Aks.. looks something is not fitting.. I hope all the price you have mentioned is for grey market ..
55HX850 is 1.2 lacs (MRP close 2 lacs)
46HX850 is 1.15 lacs (MRP close to 1.25 lacs) .. official one with Sony warranty available @ Indiatimes for 1.15 lacs

WoW - that's 90-95k less than the market/MRP price....

Rajatk - 46 HX850 is readily available @ 1.2 lacs with Sony warranty (1.15 lacs at Indiatimes)

aks will extended warranty be available with this pricing?

Lake - if it is grey market product, let alone extended, even the regular warranty is not applicable.. Dealer warranty is not of much assurance..

Aks pls confirm..

Last edited:
Hi 55inch price is of grey market and 46inch price is withbill. Sony HX750 is very popular in grey market so HX850 doesnt come that much becuase for the majority they all look the same. There is no warranty if you buy from grey market.
Aks.. looks something is not fitting.. I hope all the price you have mentioned is for grey market ..
55HX850 is 1.2 lacs (MRP close 2 lacs)
46HX850 is 1.15 lacs (MRP close to 1.25 lacs) .. official one with Sony warranty available @ Indiatimes for 1.15 lacs

Rajatk - 46 HX850 is readily available @ 1.2 lacs with Sony warranty (1.15 lacs at Indiatimes)

Lake - if it is grey market product, let alone extended, even the regular warranty is not applicable.. Dealer warranty is not of much assurance..

Aks pls confirm..

:clapping:Indiatimes with a coupon.. 46HX850 @ 110982/-... also interest free 6 EMIs ... seems the prices coming down ..:clapping::yahoo:

aks.. commendable job.. u have done more than enough research on the subject.. with so many reviews you are likely to get confused .. I don't have that much patience to go thru so many.. I count on you guys.. and of course a bit of personal demo...

Anyway for me, it looks like now the 46HX850 or 50ST50 (no news yet, when it is going to be available)..

I have read all the reviews of Sony HX850. Both are good tvs. You can also check the pictures of my setup.

http://www.hifivision.com/television/26769-sony-bravia-hx850-reviews-12.html

http://www.hifivision.com/television/26769-sony-bravia-hx850-reviews-13.html

aks.. commendable job.. u have done more than enough research on the subject.. with so many reviews you are likely to get confused .. I don't have that much patience to go thru so many.. I count on you guys.. and of course a bit of personal demo...

Anyway for me, it looks like now the 46HX850 or 50ST50 (no news yet, when it is going to be available)..

Went to Pana brand shop at Palm Beach road.. I never thought those people act so funny.. I asked for ST50,

sales guy ; why ST50? sir go for UT50 or XT50, sasta hai..
Me : No I don't want sasta.. I need a good TV, do you have ST50,
Sales guy : you want good tv, go for GT50 (which they has in display)..
Me : GT50 is too costly.. (they are giving 2 k discount on it... :lol: ) .. I am looking for ST50; Kab aayenege.. ?
Sales guy : sir why not u look at LG, Samsung or Sony as well? We have exclusive showroom of them as well ... (man this guy is selling pana or wat? :mad:) .. We can arrange for any TV you might be interested..
Me: Then arrange a ST50.. :annoyed:
Sales guy : Dekhte hain sar.. 10-12 din me aana chahiye.. aap ka number..
Me: No need.. I will be back after 10-12 days.. BTW wat's the price?
Sales guy : Best price 1.04 lacs... :(
Me : Are you sure .. people have got it for much less then 1 lac..
Sales guy: We only sell original.. they are imported..:mad:
Me: They also gives 3 yr Pana warranty..
Sales guy : Sir, Look at our showroom, we sell only genuine products, they sells anything... you'll get the best pana service :lol:
Me: Great.. anyway, Let's not discuss those things.. need to see ST50.. I will be back..

whew.. !! wat a waste.. how can Pana allows such sales guy to operate/ manage their showroom.. anyway, hope it comes after 10-12 days.. ;)

Went to Pana brand shop at Palm Beach road.. I never thought those people act so funny.. I asked for ST50,

sales guy ; why ST50? sir go for UT50 or XT50, sasta hai..
Me : No I don't want sasta.. I need a good TV, do you have ST50,
Sales guy : you want good tv, go for GT50 (which they has in display)..
Me : GT50 is too costly.. (they are giving 2 k discount on it... :lol: ) .. I am looking for ST50; Kab aayenege.. ?
Sales guy : sir why not u look at LG, Samsung or Sony as well? We have exclusive showroom of them as well ... (man this guy is selling pana or wat? :mad:) .. We can arrange for any TV you might be interested..
Me: Then arrange a ST50.. :annoyed:
Sales guy : Dekhte hain sar.. 10-12 din me aana chahiye.. aap ka number..
Me: No need.. I will be back after 10-12 days.. BTW wat's the price?
Sales guy : Best price 1.04 lacs... :(
Me : Are you sure .. people have got it for much less then 1 lac..
Sales guy: We only sell original.. they are imported..:mad:
Me: They also gives 3 yr Pana warranty..
Sales guy : Sir, Look at our showroom, we sell only genuine products, they sells anything... you'll get the best pana service :lol:
Me: Great.. anyway, Let's not discuss those things.. need to see ST50.. I will be back..

whew.. !! wat a waste.. how can Pana allows such sales guy to operate/ manage their showroom.. anyway, hope it comes after 10-12 days.. ;)
The showroom did not have ST50. The salesguy wanted to make his commission and not loose a potential customer. Every sales guy knows that once the customer walks out of the showroom, chances are that it is a lost case. Hence he was trying to push whatever he could. :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back