46 inch plus TV .. HX750 or HX850 or ST50

The showroom did not have ST50. The salesguy wanted to make his commission and not loose a potential customer. Every sales guy knows that once the customer walks out of the showroom, chances are that it is a lost case. Hence he was trying to push whatever he could. :)

Agree Kix. But this despite the fact I have entered the showroom with only one particular model .. i.e. 50ST50.. what really annoyed me is that he was trying to spell me anything else, even if it means Sony/ LG or whatever.. which he will arrange, instead of trying to convince me for a Pana TV.. I would have found it professional if he would have tried to hardsell 50GT50 with a sweeter deal..;) which I might have considered also..

Agree Kix. But this despite the fact I have entered the showroom with only one particular model .. i.e. 50ST50.. what really annoyed me is that he was trying to spell me anything else, even if it means Sony/ LG or whatever.. which he will arrange, instead of trying to convince me for a Pana TV.. I would have found it professional if he would have tried to hardsell 50GT50 with a sweeter deal..;) which I might have considered also..
If you get a brand new 50GT50 for 115k, go for it.

Checked the sony HX850 and 750 against the pana gt50. The later looked much much better and had few artifacts. Still waiting for the 65 inch models to release.

Have to say though, a lot of Panasonic dealers need to learn to behave with the customers. It's ridiculous how much attitude some Pana brand shop dealers have.

Anyway @manzb

Did you demo the HX850 at least ? And what about the ST50/GT50 ?

Also these are the prices I got from Pana brand shop

42ST50 - 95k
42GT50 - 1.18k
50ST50 - 1.3 lac

Have to say though, a lot of Panasonic dealers need to learn to behave with the customers. It's ridiculous how much attitude some Pana brand shop dealers have.

Anyway @manzb

42ST50 - 95k
42GT50 - 1.18k
50ST50 - 1.3 lac
Those are MRPs and not final prices.

Anyway @manzb

42ST50 - 95k
42GT50 - 1.18k
50ST50 - 1.3 lac

MRP - 50 ST50D - 1.15K Offered at 92~97 {with tough negotiation! }, But no stocks anywhere in chennai... Think I will get a LG LED 3D now!! :sad:

Those are MRPs and not final prices.

You sure ? The Pana dealer (brand shop) wouldn't even give 1k discount over it :eek:

@Lakshminarasimhan

Demo Sony Bravia HX850 before deciding on the LG. HX850 is the closest to ST50 in performance (and an "average joe" will like the HX850 more than ST50)

yes...
LG samsung does not compete with panasonic hi end plasma panels...
only sony HX 850 is there competetor...
dont even think of LG 3d 4d whatever..........

Hahahahaha rightly said Lake1988 :p

I was also considering the GT50/ST50 but unless in complete darkness, the blacks don't seem great (Read better than HX850 visually) on them. And I don't have a completely dark room, in fact I'm gonna use the TV as my monitor most of the times in a brightly lit room. The low brightness doesn't help either.

The HX850 is very impressive in well lit environments, and the fact that it offers almost as good PQ as HX925 at less than half the price is commendable.

EDIT:
http://www.hometheater.com/content/sony-kdl-55hx850-3d-lcd-hdtv

Home Theater Magazine reviewed the HX850 and it's the first TV in a longggggggggggggggggg time to get 5/5 stars for 2D performance. ST50,VT50,HX925,Sharp Elite all scored 4.5/5 for 2D performance. Of course that doesn't mean HX850 is better than all those sets, just that for its price it's simply stunning and no TV irrespective of price can put the HX850 to shame.

Kinda off topic, but the fact that there are people even seriously comparing a LED set with a top notch plasma set speaks volumes about the PQ progress Sony has made this year with HX850 at a not so steep price. I hope this continues next year and we get an even cheaper set that can rival high end Plasmas.

And at the same time I wonder what's happened to LG and Samsung this year. No improvement in PQ

Last edited:

42ST50 - 95k
42GT50 - 1.18k
50ST50 - 1.3 lac

Actually I had demoed HX850 at Singapore.. it was stunning out there.. I liked it...

The prices as Kix said looks like MRPs.. I think 50GT50 is around 1.38 lacs and can be yours without much negotiation at around 1.25-1.3 lacs...

MRP - 50 ST50D - 1.15K Offered at 92~97 {with tough negotiation! }, But no stocks anywhere in chennai... Think I will get a LG LED 3D now!! :sad:

No stocks anywhere.. I think Pana don't want to sell those TVs.. :rolleyes:

HX850 is for plasma-phobic videophiles.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The HX850 is very impressive in well lit environments, and the fact that it offers almost as good PQ as HX925 at less than half the price is commendable.

Home Theater Magazine reviewed the HX850 and it's the first TV in a longggggggggggggggggg time to get 5/5 stars for 2D performance. ST50,VT50,HX925,Sharp Elite all scored 4.5/5 for 2D performance. Of course that doesn't mean HX850 is better than all those sets, just that for its price it's simply stunning and no TV irrespective of price can put the HX850 to shame.

Avmax.. in fact, with such great review all around, I am now more inclined towards HX850.. but is wondering, whther a 50ST50 at 90plus will be better deal than a 46HX850 at 110k... :confused:

Let diwali come.. there might be some good deal.. ;)

Lake1988, guess you misunderstood. Prosenjit used the lol smiley only because of the phrase 'plasma phobic' that you used which was funny. HX850 is indeed brilliant and nobody can argue over that.

Prices of 40HX850 and 42ST50 are almost same, thn which would be preferable to buy..

I would go with ST50 because I am a die hard videophile.........however HX850 is also a great LED tv.......so it's more plasma vs LED, rather than sony vs panasonic. All depends on your requirement.

^

Well said :)

Also another thing to keep in mind is that all these CNET, FlatpanelsHD reviews are done in a pitch dark room. So in a pitch dark room the HX850 is barely a step behind plasmas, but I don't think most people have a pitch black theater room and nor do most people watch TV in complete darkness.

So in "normal" viewing conditions the slight advantage that Plasmas have over HX850 is negated. And in fact in a well lit room the tables will turn in favor of the HX850. ;)

I was also considering the GT50/ST50 but unless in complete darkness, the blacks don't seem great (Read better than HX850 visually) on them. And I don't have a completely dark room, in fact I'm gonna use the TV as my monitor most of the times in a brightly lit room. The low brightness doesn't help either.

EDIT:
Sony KDL-55HX850 3D LCD HDTV | Home Theater

Kinda off topic, but the fact that there are people even seriously comparing a LED set with a top notch plasma set speaks volumes about the PQ progress Sony has made this year with HX850 at a not so steep price. I hope this continues next year and we get an even cheaper set that can rival high end Plasmas.

And at the same time I wonder what's happened to LG and Samsung this year. No improvement in PQ

but 40HX850 and 50ST50 are almost of same price..still they gave HX model higher ratings in terms of 2D pic quality..is home-theatre reviews are credible..cause every plasma owner here gloats on their purchase...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back