46 Inches 3D LED - SonyKDL46EX720 or SamsungUA46D6000SR

vprasad84

Hi Guys,

Please help me finalizing 46 inches 3d led tv

Main objective is to have excellent pq

Sony gave more natural pq & samsung gave good brightness......sony can convert 2d to 3d but samsung cannot. However 3d seemed more good in sony than samsung (some sample was played).

Sony was for 95K & Samsung for 85K

Experts/Onwers :- pls post your replies with your experience/information or feedback

Last edited:
PQ is very subjective and 3d is something that shouldn't be a top priority in deciding a tv. The price quoted for the samsung is very high. You'll get easily for less than 80k. For the sony they take pride in saying we don't negotiate(good luck to them!!). Both are nice,but if the price diff is significant then go for the sammy and invest in quality blu ray content...Cheers!!!

Sony EX720 PQ is better.

But the IR 3D glasses has sync issues, even if you tilt you head a bit it will lose sync. I have myself demoed it and also many critics who have reviewed it have reported this issue. Also when motion interpolation is turned off it is supposed to create a lot of flicker.

My suggestion is you better go for Samsung 46D6600 which costs about 1L but has better 3D than EX720 and PQ is more or less similar(sony is a slightly better in 2D)

PQ is very subjective and 3d is something that shouldn't be a top priority in deciding a tv. The price quoted for the samsung is very high. You'll get easily for less than 80k. For the sony they take pride in saying we don't negotiate(good luck to them!!). Both are nice,but if the price diff is significant then go for the sammy and invest in quality blu ray content...Cheers!!!

hi,i m based in mumbai. I am not sure if they can go below 85 as they were not ready since they put price tag of 95k anyways wht shud b the best price i shud b getting

I own a sony 40EX720 and it was a very tough decision for me to make it over 6600 sammy, I spend over a month going through every croma, ezone etc and spend hours comparing with their representative

and finally choose sony even though it was way costlier than sammy just for its natural color tones , just disable everythig in eco setup and then see the difference, sammy I somehow found to be making the faces pinkish or not natural for my taste.

also after adjusting properly I could see deep black levels in my TV and watching HD channels and blurays are like no other feeling, I am impressed with sony and yeah it has good great customer service too just call them and the engineer will visit you in 2-3 day for any doubts u have, but I am sure sammy will be good at that too

but yeah ppl say 3D of ex720 is not that good, but I watched harry potter 3D, it was great anyways I got it for 99% 2D :) and I dont take PQ as compromise

so my suggestion, spend time in places like croma, ezone and take ur time comparing side by side the PQ of some HD channels like discvery history, and pick the one which suits you also see star plus HD for facial color tone and try to find the difference and see which one you like

best of luck :)

Hi,

As per facial colour i find sony good than sammy but sammy again in few scenarios sometimes seems good than sony as well but definitely comparing the price, i am inclined towards sammy

how about Sony 46HX800 which is a 2010 model or so. He quoted me 85K & there is only 1 piece available in his warehouse. How abt its pq & comparing Sony EX720

finally pulled the trigger for sammy :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:....watched 3d again in sony & found it too much flickering & 2d to 3d conversion (movies & sports) was not worth at all.....demoed samsung 3d & found it quite good & better than sony (contrary to my statement in original post)...delivery would happen tom & installation day after tom :yahoo:

congrats vprasad ! i presume it could be safely said that it was a good decision, as the EX720 hasnt got too good or impressionable reviews, esp. for 3D.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back