46inch LCD Panel has failed. What to do with the rest of the system?

arnprasad

Hi today the engineer confirmed that the LCD panel of my 46inch Sammy 5 series is faulty. He said a new panel will cost around 50% of its MRP which could mean 40-50K. Its obvious its not worth getting it repaired at such prices.

So assuming I go for a new set, what resale value does rest of the unit have?
will the faulty panel have any value? Can I expect to get anything out of the 75K invested by me in this TV or I just throw it to the kabadiwala?

Can you give me the t-con board of your samsung series 5 LCD. I am facing a similar problem with the 46 inch samsung series 6 LED backlit LCD however I believe that my panel is fine and still watchable. If the t-con board fixes my problem will pay for the same otherwise will send it back to you.

The faulty panel cost nothing a new one will cost as much as a new TV. All the electronics cost less than 10000.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Can you give me the t-con board of your samsung series 5 LCD. I am facing a similar problem with the 46 inch samsung series 6 LED backlit LCD however I believe that my panel is fine and still watchable. If the t-con board fixes my problem will pay for the same otherwise will send it back to you.

The faulty panel cost nothing a new one will cost as much as a new TV. All the electronics cost less than 10000.

Thanks in advance.

Ok.. I am waiting for the engineer to get back with a quotation for the new panel...then I will let you know.

Hi today the engineer confirmed that the LCD panel of my 46inch Sammy 5 series is faulty. He said a new panel will cost around 50% of its MRP which could mean 40-50K. Its obvious its not worth getting it repaired at such prices.

So assuming I go for a new set, what resale value does rest of the unit have?
will the faulty panel have any value? Can I expect to get anything out of the 75K invested by me in this TV or I just throw it to the kabadiwala?

I am afraid to read this !
Do you mean, company will not replace the faulty panel and a customer will have to bear everything ?
How old is your LCD TV ?

Around 3.5 years. When I bought the TV samsung had no extended warranty or AMC. So after 1 year you are at god's mercy.

Now I believe for all new TVs they sell extended warranty which costs around 12 K for 3 years for 46 inch LCDs

Long live CRT ....... only hope it lives longer! Scary to even think of the anorexic models after reading the holocausts ....

Around 3.5 years. When I bought the TV samsung had no extended warranty or AMC. So after 1 year you are at god's mercy.

Now I believe for all new TVs they sell extended warranty which costs around 12 K for 3 years for 46 inch LCDs

Sorry to hear that. But not unusual as hearing so many failuers of flat panels these days. Obviously not closer durable as CRTs

Any specific reason mentioned about issue?

Sorry to hear that. If you've already not done it, I would recommend to get the panel failure confirmed by someone else.

Sorry to hear that. But not unusual as hearing so many failuers of flat panels these days. Obviously not closer durable as CRTs

Any specific reason mentioned about issue?

Nope. He said it was only due to the panel failure. He said the symptoms for any other issue would be different and he was sure it was panel failure

Hello Arnprasad,

A nice place to start is the Youtube videos.

I was having a look and if any TV electronics is faulty, it is easily replaceable as A B C as long as you have basic knowledge and common sense to remove and replace.

Take a look, may be of help.

Vinod

Apart from a samsung engineer..who else do I go to? I got no techno smart friends:mad:

Since it is out warranty, try to find a good general electronic technician. In bangalore, there may be a lot of them. They know if a cheaper panel is available any where.

Don't buy a cheaper panel after all the actual quality of the image is dependent on the panel itself. Even the samsung panels have many versions with some being better than the others plus they may not provide warranty on the replaced panel.

I have almost decided on the 51E550 inspite of my bad exp with samsung. I am just hoping they give me10-15K for my old TV - that money will cover the extended 3 year warranty.

Not sure what other TV comes close to E550 at 75K range.

new panasonics are way expensive.

Hi

Today one of the members mentioned that it is possible to talk to some senior Samsung guys and ask them to exchange my TV with a new one and get a huge discount - something like 30-40K - has anyone experienced the same please?

any idea how to contact these kind of folks? I googled with no success. I did find some senior folks on linkedin but did not feel comfortable using that channel to air my vies

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back