4k HDR 10bit HEVC Video

Wont that lose all the information in HDR. Its like me playing a 4k movie through a 4k player and displaying in a FHD TV, while it will work, the objective is lost.

No mine is an 4k SDR TV i believe it should play some good details, i feel i should be able to view the quality somewhere between an HDR to SDR quality:), in future if i buy and HDR TV it might be worth it.

And i believe there is no other 4k player in the market for this budget, if we check the pioneer bdp-180 its just an Blu-ray player it can upscale to 4k but not a real 4k player & i also do not see any other player in the current market which has good reviews compared to Sony ubp-x800 in its price range, expecting to launch in India or get it from the Grey Mkt Once find the region free one.

Hi,

If you looking at 269$ worth of Sony Player, My advice would be to go for a 199$ Shield instead. It is a very powerful media player and could play x265 10Bit with ease. Also, you have the possibility to add Amazon Prime & Netflix apps which give you a Dolby Surround stream.

Also, regarding playing a 4K Print on a Full HD Display is not as bad as it seems, you would get a much better picture quality and sound on your TV.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back