4k HDR 10bit HEVC Video

Immu

Hello people, 4k HDR 10bit is the latest format & most happening 4k video/movie files available online for download,

My concern is i've an UHD TV which supports 4k files probably 8bit files, How do i make these 4k 10bit HDR file to work on my TV, i know it might sound weird but is there any possibility by connecting through any media player that supports 4k HDR 10bit,

please suggest...

Hi Immu,

Nvidia Shield TV 2017 Edition supports this format and you could play using that. Also, creating an Intel NUC with i5 or above?

Cheers!

Balzac...

If your TV is a smart tv, you can try Plex.

Yes mine is a smart TV, well if i need to play an 4k HDR file my Tv hardware should be capable of playing HDR but as i mentioned earlier mine is just an UHD tv, tried couple of HDR 10bit files it did not support,

have you tried playing through Plex? well i am not sure it will support, anyways i will give it a try.

Hi Immu,

Nvidia Shield TV 2017 Edition supports this format and you could play using that. Also, creating an Intel NUC with i5 or above?

Cheers!

Balzac...

sounds good, Nvidia Shield Tv 2017 costs only $200 but in India its about 40K i think it is better to buy a 4k HDR bluray player unfortunately its not available in India.:sad:

Yes. If you could arrange it from US. You get lot of other functionalities with it.

Its a powerful media player and Android TV Box.

Yes mine is a smart TV, well if i need to play an 4k HDR file my Tv hardware should be capable of playing HDR but as i mentioned earlier mine is just an UHD tv, tried couple of HDR 10bit files it did not support,

have you tried playing through Plex? well i am not sure it will support, anyways i will give it a try.

It should work.

Hi,

I have a 4K UHD TV and have a few movies which are in HEVC format (size around 55 GB) and my TV is able to play them. Sometime there is a little hiccup, but it plays fine after initial 2 minutes of hiccup. My 3D bluray player however does not recognize or play these formats.

It is also worth noting that my TV is comparatively old now (if you compare to the new TVs available in the market) which is around 2 years.

Hope this helps.

Yes. If you could arrange it from US. You get lot of other functionalities with it.

Its a powerful media player and Android TV Box.

any other cost effective player is available? i need only to connect my 2TB HDD to the player and play all my files that supports 4k HDR, not interested in gaming & online streaming Apps

Make sure your tv has a 10 bit color supported panel. Many tv's simply advertise as HDR based on their light output but have only 8 bit panel

Maybe I am not getting it, but how does buying a player make your TV handle 10 bit?

Well this player can convert the video from HDR to SDR when you connect to SDR TV that makes future proof, it can support up to 4TB HDD through USB & it supports Hi-Resolution Audio and has very good reviews, it is selling for $250 in Amazon.com/us its a very good price,

Well this player can convert the video from HDR to SDR when you connect to SDR TV that makes future proof, it can support up to 4TB HDD through USB & it supports Hi-Resolution Audio and has very good reviews, it is selling for $250 in Amazon.com/us its a very good price,

Wont that lose all the information in HDR. Its like me playing a 4k movie through a 4k player and displaying in a FHD TV, while it will work, the objective is lost.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back