4K Netflix on laptop?

sandeeprawat

Wanted to ask if anyone watched 4K content on netflix on their laptop

I have a Lenovo 4K Laptop and have installed HEVC extension as well. I'm also able to watch Youtube 4K perfectly.

When I use the Netflix UWP App and search for 4K title and look at the title info I see HDR and Atmos logo only.
On browser I don't see any quality indicator at all.

Question I have is should I expect to see a 4K/UHD logo? Or does the stream changes to 4K automatically while streaming.
How do I check if Netflix is capable of 4K stream in my laptop and how do I fix this if not?

1594311699895.png

Wanted to ask if anyone watched 4K content on netflix on their laptop

I have a Lenovo 4K Laptop and have installed HEVC extension as well. I'm also able to watch Youtube 4K perfectly.

When I use the Netflix UWP App and search for 4K title and look at the title info I see HDR and Atmos logo only.
On browser I don't see any quality indicator at all.

Question I have is should I expect to see a 4K/UHD logo? Or does the stream changes to 4K automatically while streaming.
How do I check if Netflix is capable of 4K stream in my laptop and how do I fix this if not?

View attachment 47236
HDR means 4k only. For SDR the logo will be UHD or 4K.

HDR means 4k only. For SDR the logo will be UHD or 4K.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Technically HDR could be 2K as well hence the confusion. Also quality of stream didn't feel 4K.

Do you also see only HDR logo and no 4K?

Don't have 4K TV or any other device to compare :(

When the video is playing, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S . It will show you all the available bit rates. If it shows more than 7.2Mbps then it is streaming in 4k. Highest bit rate of Netflix for 4k is 15Mbps. Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D will show the actual current resolution.

Search for breaking bad. It is in 4k but not in HDR. It should show Ultra HD 4k next to it.

When the video is playing, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S . It will show you all the available bit rates. If it shows more than 7.2Mbps then it is streaming in 4k. Highest bit rate of Netflix for 4k is 15Mbps. Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D will show the actual current resolution.

Search for breaking bad. It is in 4k but not in HDR. It should show Ultra HD 4k next to it.
Yes. I see UHD against this now. Thanks

I think quality of video also increased with this revelation :cool: Pure psychological lol..

I am having trouble the with the App. Not sure if others faces the same problem.

Basically whenever I'm watching the 4K content on Netflix it starts playing and hangs after a few seconds. I tried on both edge and UWP app.

Sometimes it plays but as soon as I make it full screen it hangs. Not able to enjoy 4k movies at all. Very upset :(

Hoping someone can provide good suggestions. Normal restart uninstall nothing works. Running out of ideas..

YouTube 4K works fine.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back