Shout out to Xbox Users // Netflix not streaming 4K anymore?

Could you please post the Xbox and Netflix App version? I did reboot entire network but it did not help.
Hey @ankitbhargava - I have an Xbox Series S; I will redownload the netflix app to see the version. However, it all points to ISP issues. For example on my ISP with 500 MBPS plan - I get games download at around 160 MBPS, but youtube struggles to keep up with 4K! I have no issues with anything else - netflix, apple tv+; but youtube for me doesn't work very well.

Now with this testing, it's confusing me if it's the Xbox Series X or the network :(
I had a similar 'bandwidth' issue with my Jio Router. But in my case, my nvidia shield tv pro was buffering when streaming 4K rips from my NAS. Both were connected via Lan cable to Jio Router. And this starting happening all of a sudden without me touching any settings on the router. Tried everything I could including resetting/formatting both my devices. Ultimately called Jio technician, who came in and just reset my Jio router 🤦‍♂️. Everything started working fine after that.
You may want to do this as a last resort. I suspect Jio pushing updates and/or messing with router settings remotely.

It shouldn't be the router or xbox. Most likely it is the ISP's ability to provide you bandwidth consistently. Since all your complaints is regarding netflix, use fast.com to do a speedtest with netflix servers. fast.com is netflix's tool to test the internet speed. Test the speed multiple times to check how consistent the speeds are.
That's the first thing I did was to test on fast.com and the app interface of Netflix itself. Its consistent 90 Mbps + every time I check

Actually besides selecting "4K UHD" as resolution, there is none other setting as such. I will try out this "DVI/HDMI" part though.
Hey @ankitbhargava - I have an Xbox Series S; I will redownload the netflix app to see the version. However, it all points to ISP issues. For example on my ISP with 500 MBPS plan - I get games download at around 160 MBPS, but youtube struggles to keep up with 4K! I have no issues with anything else - netflix, apple tv+; but youtube for me doesn't work very well.
What I am really confused about is why on "Kids TV + Xbox One S" I always get 4K streaming without fail AND why despite of any connection an display I am not able to stream 4K on Series X :(

I had a similar 'bandwidth' issue with my Jio Router. But in my case, my nvidia shield tv pro was buffering when streaming 4K rips from my NAS. Both were connected via Lan cable to Jio Router. And this starting happening all of a sudden without me touching any settings on the router. Tried everything I could including resetting/formatting both my devices. Ultimately called Jio technician, who came in and just reset my Jio router 🤦‍♂️. Everything started working fine after that.
You may want to do this as a last resort. I suspect Jio pushing updates and/or messing with router settings remotely.
Already lined up Jio technician to visit this evening, shall ask to do a reset

Just a suggestion - try to change your DNS to open DNS if possible? & see if that makes any difference. You can also try & give your device a dedicated IP - not sure if the latter will help in anyway - but the prior may. See for yourself.

Also see if you can change from IPV6 to IPV4 or vice-versa. Just for fun.
These may or may not have an impact - but they are easy tweaks to check out.

No issues here, xbox one X connected directly to jio router with network cable.
Grey man- 16.21 Mbps
The Adam project- 18.15 Mbps
Extraction 2- 17.01 Mbps

All showing 2160 Dolby Atmos, no issues.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back