5.1.2 In-Ceiling Atmos Placement

suku_patel_22

Hi all,
I have a 5.1 setup af the moment and am adding 2 in-ceiling speakers for the overhead channels.
As I am about to start the cutting process in the false ceiling, I had a query on the distance from the wall.

My front LR are 6.5 feet apart, and my viewing distance is 9 feet.

The Wharfdale WCM65 have pivoting tweeters, so can adjust them the way I want.

My sofa is against the back wall, so I was thinking to have the speakers 3 feet from the wall which would roughly be above the knee when seated. It is a 3 seater sofa and I intend to place them around 5 to 6 feet between them.

Am I placing them correctly?

Can you share the room dimensions? You can search online for the Dolby 5.1.2 recommendations for easy reference. Since you are sofa is against the wall, you could place the in-ceiling speakers right above you (if you dont intend to add two more) or slightly in front, so if you add two later it could be slightly in back with the sofa a feet in front of the back wall.

Can you share the room dimensions? You can search online for the Dolby 5.1.2 recommendations for easy reference. Since you are sofa is against the wall, you could place the in-ceiling speakers right above you (if you dont intend to add two more) or slightly in front, so if you add two later it could be slightly in back with the sofa a feet in front of the back wall.
It's a living space, and the layout is as attached. Wall to wall from sofa to TV is 10 feet and from window to door is 17 feet.

The eed dots are the 5 bed layer speakers and the green ones are the proposed Atmos speakers.

Attachments

• Wing A 2BHK~2.jpg
    Wing A 2BHK~2.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 34
Just for my understanding, the red dots are at the same plane in terms of height. If the back speakers are above the head, try to minimise the height above the ear to 1-2 feet or explore keeping them to the side (with a stand on one side).

Just for my understanding, the red dots are at the same plane in terms of height. If the back speakers are above the head, try to minimise the height above the ear to 1-2 feet or explore keeping them to the side (with a stand on one side).
No. The LCR is on the TV unit. The surrounds are 1.5 feet above the ear. They are bipolar speakers, Wharfdale WH-DFS, and will be on the wall behind the sofa.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back