5.1.2 possible under 100k?

So good people of Hifivision, finally the Polk speakers have been delivered and I am wondering how to place them for atmos. Here are my two options :
1. On the ceiling (using 3M Double Sided Tape). Can be positioned as recommended (12-24 inches ahead of the listening position). Height--11 feet
2. On the back wall, angled towards the listening position. Back wall is only 19 inches behind the headboard (so around 11 inches behind the listening position). This is my preferred choice considering no DST will be involved.

Will it ruin the experience if the put the speakers on the wall instead of the ceiling?

So finally I have decided to take the plunge in this deep deep sea of Hi-Fi Audio. I was planning to get an Atmos soundbar (either LG or JBL) but then couldn't muster courage to spend this much for a sound bar. So after pondering for a while, I have convinced myself to go the hard route and get a dedicated system.

So, I have increased the budget till 100k but I want to have a surround setup as already have a decent 2.0 setup which I am upgrading from (Blaupunkt 2.0 active towers).

I am open to pre-owned deals but not able to find any in Delhi. So from my research, I think the following might work in my budget:

Denon 1500h (40k ish)
Taga harmony 606 V3 (30k)
Taga/Polk sub (~17k)
Polk owm3 (17k).

Is this a good combination? The room is 16 x 12 x 11 feet and is my bed room. Viewing distance is around 10 feet and there is only 10 inches behind the headboard to the back wall for the surround speakers.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated
As already you own Blaupunkt towers. D1500h is best option. Go with polk1600 or ELAC Cinema 5. Probably best option to complete 5.1.2 in your budget. If required you can add additional sub in the future for 5.2.2

I too have similar room and break my head to complete 5.1.2 in under 100k. Finally I got
Denon X1400H - 38k
ELAC Cinema 5- 39k ( C, RL/RR & HL/HR)
Q Acoustics 3020i - 20k (FL/FR)
Q Acoustics 3000WB 2 mount - 5k
Wall celling mount 2 - 1.2k
Sub cable + 16 G cable - 2k (BlueRigger Audio RCA Cable + AmazonBasics 16-Gauge 100+50FT)
Total=105.2K
Amazing 5.1.2 for the budget hear to believe it. Don't expect these to perform like 1M budget setup.

I totally forgot about this thread. Here is my two year ownership review:

From my previous setup (Blaupunkt 2.0 towers) it was a huge improvement. The sub NS-SW300 was decent but it had some weird issues while playing frequencies lower than 30hz, very loud port noise probably. Fortunately, after a few months, I got an excellent opportunity to get a sub imported from the states and I got Svs Pb1000 for around 37k (brand new), which was an excellent decision. Since then, I have been enjoying the setup everyday and loving it. All my friends swear by my setup, specially the bass. To me, this experience is better than most cinema halls (except may be Imax) in terms of sound. While the oled picture is excellent, size does matter. In two years, I haven't felt any need to upgrade any part of the audio setup.

However, I do crave for a bigger screen now so trying to build another setup (with a 4k projector this time) for the living room. Let's see what I end up with this time.

How reliable is avshack?

I'd say very reliable, once they decide to respond. I have been trying to reach them from the last two days but no reply so far (whatsapp and call), lol. The same issue I faced the last time. If you value your time, you might want to look elsewhere.

So finally I have decided to take the plunge in this deep deep sea of Hi-Fi Audio. I was planning to get an Atmos soundbar (either LG or JBL) but then couldn't muster courage to spend this much for a sound bar. So after pondering for a while, I have convinced myself to go the hard route and get a dedicated system.

So, I have increased the budget till 100k but I want to have a surround setup as already have a decent 2.0 setup which I am upgrading from (Blaupunkt 2.0 active towers).

I am open to pre-owned deals but not able to find any in Delhi. So from my research, I think the following might work in my budget:

Denon 1500h (40k ish)
Taga harmony 606 V3 (30k)
Taga/Polk sub (~17k)
Polk owm3 (17k).

Is this a good combination? The room is 16 x 12 x 11 feet and is my bed room. Viewing distance is around 10 feet and there is only 10 inches behind the headboard to the back wall for the surround speakers.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated
Your conundrum is right. Have a one time investment done that is really decent and could last a few years. Instead of spending 60-80% on sound bars.

Let me brief you two or three big challenges here
1. New AVRs are selling at high prices since the pandemic times as demand is high and supply is less plus some companies faded out and those in market have got a monopoly stranglehold of "this is my price, take it leave it" arrogance. To get things back to pre-covid levels, India should progress in electronic circuit boards and chip making industry and have a indigenous AVR manufacturing that rivals the Japanese ones. Otherwise prices wont be in the reasonable zone. But we cant wait for gamechangers to happen.
2. Pre-owned market - you are limiting yourself to local area deals so you can check it out. Plus HDMI based AVRs can have problems as HDMI interface is the mother of most AVR faults. DTS-master HD and Dolby True HD formats may not work in older optical Toslink centered AVRs which can be bought for less than 15K. There would be lossy audio in that process but believe me, it is still 100x better than any soundbar HTIBs. This route is safe and will cost you approx 15k for the AVR and you could get speakers package for 40-50 grand - for example (https://www.olx.in/en-in/item/teac-ag-15d-avr-71-channel-with-remote-iid-1702492480)
(Not to be taken as recommendation. Just for illustration purpose).
3. This setup will fit your initial budget and will give you a working knowledge of home theaters. You could upgrade for future as speakers last a couple decades. Only receiver has to be upgraded and maybe more speakers added if needed. Thats my advice to you.

I'd say very reliable, once they decide to respond. I have been trying to reach them from the last two days but no reply so far (whatsapp and call), lol. The same issue I faced the last time. If you value your time, you might want to look elsewhere.
I agree. I had the same experience a few months back too. No response over call or WhatsApp.

You can check with Rajesh from The Home Cinema. He was responsive and a nice person to talk with.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back