5.1.2 possible under 100k?

Just completed the Audyssey room correction. Do these values look okay to you guys or do they still need tweaking?

Attachments

• IMG-20201006-WA0033.jpg
    IMG-20201006-WA0033.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-20201006-WA0035.jpg
    IMG-20201006-WA0035.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-20201006-WA0034.jpg
    IMG-20201006-WA0034.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-20201006-WA0036.jpg
    IMG-20201006-WA0036.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
The correction software is called as Audyssey Multi EQ. Also changes would depend on your preferences, personally i would do the following
i) Set crossover to 80hz , fronts to small. this would further reduce the load on the AVR as it will redirect frequencies below that to the subwoofer
ii) I like Vocals to be slightly more dominant in movies, i always change the center to around .5-1.5 gain more than the Front levels
iii) If you feel the need for more bass can increase the subwoofer knob volume as general recommendation is to keep the gain in AVR as low as possible which I see is already taken care of in your settings

The correction software is called as Audyssey Multi EQ. Also changes would depend on your preferences, personally i would do the following
i) Set crossover to 80hz , fronts to small. this would further reduce the load on the AVR as it will redirect frequencies below that to the subwoofer
ii) I like Vocals to be slightly more dominant in movies, i always change the center to around .5-1.5 gain more than the Front levels
iii) If you feel the need for more bass can increase the subwoofer knob volume as general recommendation is to keep the gain in AVR as low as possible which I see is already taken care of in your settings
Thank you. Stupid autocorrect.. lol.

All 3 points make sense to me. Will do and report back soon :) Thank you so much.

With these gain settings, I need to crank the volume up around 55-60 to watch normal YouTube videos and 60+ on Netflix. Is that normal?

Last edited:
Thank you. Stupid autocorrect.. lol.

All 3 points make sense to me. Will do and report back soon :) Thank you so much.

With these gain settings, I need to crank the volume up around 55-60 to watch normal YouTube videos and 60+ on Netflix. Is that normal?

Totally normal , for Netflix need to crank up to 70+ for some movies and for amazon/hotstar it's almost always 70+.

Thank you guys. Finally I took the plunge and got the following:

Denon X1400H
Taga Harmony 806 5.0 Package (The towers are huge, bigger than I was expecting)
Yamaha SW300 (thanks to @DB1989)
Polk OWM3 (will be delivered in 7-8 days).

So 5.1.2 is done and it looks like I am all set for the next few years :)

Thank you all for your valuable input. I will be setting (5.1 for now) this weekend and play around a bit.
Congratulations mate...
Waiting for the pics and feedback..

Thank you guys. Finally I took the plunge and got the following:

Denon X1400H
Taga Harmony 806 5.0 Package (The towers are huge, bigger than I was expecting)
Yamaha SW300 (thanks to @DB1989)
Polk OWM3 (will be delivered in 7-8 days).

So 5.1.2 is done and it looks like I am all set for the next few years :)

Thank you all for your valuable input. I will be setting (5.1 for now) this weekend and play around a bit.
Congratulations

Guys can anyone suggest me similar 5.1.2 atmos setup for my new home(2-3 months to finish), tv is 65 inch lg b9 oled, i have bluray rips ,want to play true hd atmos content from my xbox..i mainly watch netflix/youtube/prime ..minimal dth content..i am a newbie in this area .. so any suggestions would be most welcome..hall_new (1) (1).jpg

Guys can anyone suggest me similar 5.1.2 atmos setup for my new home(2-3 months to finish), tv is 65 inch lg b9 oled, i have bluray rips ,want to play true hd atmos content from my xbox..i mainly watch netflix/youtube/prime ..minimal dth content..i am a newbie in this area .. so any suggestions would be most welcome..View attachment 50599
have you confirmed that xbox one s/x can play atmos content? As far as I know new xbox series s/x will support netflix.

I have a xbox one s and even after bitstreaming audio to avr, I dont get atmos output.

I don’t think the price difference is 15-20k. The best price I have seen for 1500 is 42-45k and for 2500 52-55k. And coming to upgrade no one here plans for upgrade when purchasing a gear. For example I promised my wife no upgrade for 3 years minimum if she permits me to buy 2400 and I upgraded to 4500 within a year. Same with subwoofer. I got a Polk sub promising no upgrade for 5 years and upgraded to bic within 7 months and for bic I told the same story and within 3 months upgraded to xtz 10.17. For xtz 10.17 also I told the same story no upgrade for 5 years 200% sure but I ended up selling it within a year and now waiting for 12.17 stocks. So I am not the right person for you to ask this question lol
what are you looking in every upgrade if you don’t mind me asking ?

have you confirmed that xbox one s/x can play atmos content? As far as I know new xbox series s/x will support netflix.

I have a xbox one s and even after bitstreaming audio to avr, I dont get atmos output.

The Xbox one X plays atmos content on Netflix, however there is a different issue as it upmixes everything to atmos

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back