5.1.2 possible under 100k?

So finally I have decided to take the plunge in this deep deep sea of Hi-Fi Audio. I was planning to get an Atmos soundbar (either LG or JBL) but then couldn't muster courage to spend this much for a sound bar. So after pondering for a while, I have convinced myself to go the hard route and get a dedicated system.

So, I have increased the budget till 100k but I want to have a surround setup as already have a decent 2.0 setup which I am upgrading from (Blaupunkt 2.0 active towers).

I am open to pre-owned deals but not able to find any in Delhi. So from my research, I think the following might work in my budget:

Denon 1500h (40k ish)
Taga harmony 606 V3 (30k)
Taga/Polk sub (~17k)
Polk owm3 (17k).

Is this a good combination? The room is 16 x 12 x 11 feet and is my bed room. Viewing distance is around 10 feet and there is only 10 inches behind the headboard to the back wall for the surround speakers.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated
You are missing center channel and Atmos / surround speakers it will add up another 30-50K

Due to non availability of denon 1600/2600h, some dealers are pushinge towards Marantz Nr1710 for around 50k. When I tell them it only provides 50w per channel, I am told that it is enough for my room size and "Marantz current is more than Denon".

Is that true? Is it even a worthy alternative at this price?

Due to non availability of denon 1600/2600h, some dealers are pushinge towards Marantz Nr1710 for around 50k. When I tell them it only provides 50w per channel, I am told that it is enough for my room size and "Marantz current is more than Denon".

Is that true? Is it even a worthy alternative at this price?
Choose speakers first and then the reciever. Receiver power will depend on how much power the speakers require to run to its full potential.

It appears there is not much difference between X1400H and X1600H (mainly Bluetooth headphones and eArc support) as shown in the image. Can I not connect BT headphones via the TV bluetooth? If yes, does it make sense to go for X1400H and spend the saved money (8k) on better speakers?

1601438730665.png

My x1400h drives my setup quite well which includes a pair of Zensor 7. I watch a lot of Hollywood movies and listen to a fair amount of music in multi-channel mode.
Unless you are very sure to utilise every additional feature of a newer product, my suggestion would be to put that money in better speakers and/or a decent media player.

Any recommendations for a sub under 25-30k? 200 sqm room size and primary purpose is movies.
For 30K you don't have many options except for Taga, Yamaha & Bic F12 etc. For your room size, guess Bic F12 will be best bet. I own it and it is good for movies(pairing with Yamaha 585).

It appears there is not much difference between X1400H and X1600H (mainly Bluetooth headphones and eArc support) as shown in the image. Can I not connect BT headphones via the TV bluetooth? If yes, does it make sense to go for X1400H and spend the saved money (8k) on better speakers?

View attachment 50217

The probability you will need your heapdhones via the AVR is literally nil, since your TV has bluetooth makes even less sense. With the saved 8k I would recommend you put that in your subwoofer fund and increase budget of subwoofer to 40-45k else you will not really appreciate the performance over your FS lows.

The probability you will need your heapdhones via the AVR is literally nil, since your TV has bluetooth makes even less sense. With the saved 8k I would recommend you put that in your subwoofer fund and increase budget of subwoofer to 40-45k else you will not really appreciate the performance over your FS lows.
Thank you for the reply. How is Yamaha NS SW300 sub? Specs looks nice to me and it is within my budget as I am getting it pre-owned.

SW300 is pretty good sub, got rave reviews too. I was about to get one last year, however due to unavailability went for BIC F12. But it is 10inch sub.

NSW300 ia a very good product at this price point. But Jamo J10/J12 are also good propositions.

Last edited:
NSW300 ia a very good product at this price point. But Jamo J10/J11 are also good propositions.

Thank you.
I am getting pre-owned deals for the following two subs:
Jamo sub300
Tannoy Ts2.8

Are they any good?

Tannoy 2.8 seems to be a little underpowered and Jamo S300 is a fairly old model. If possible, audition both of them to see if the bass is sufficient for them and the physical condition.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back