5.1.2 possible under 100k?

Tannoy 2.8 seems to be a little underpowered and Jamo S300 is a fairly old model. If possible, audition both of them to see if the bass is sufficient for them and the physical condition.
Yeah, that's what I could gather from my limited research, so skipping them both.

Thank you guys. Finally I took the plunge and got the following:

Denon X1400H
Taga Harmony 806 5.0 Package (The towers are huge, bigger than I was expecting)
Yamaha SW300 (thanks to @DB1989)
Polk OWM3 (will be delivered in 7-8 days).

So 5.1.2 is done and it looks like I am all set for the next few years :)

Thank you all for your valuable input. I will be setting (5.1 for now) this weekend and play around a bit.

Last edited:
Congrats man ! Enjoy the setup and provide your feedback.
By the way, where did you get the 806, AV Shack?
Thank you. Will surely provide the feedback in due time. Though not sure how much it will help as I dont know enough to provide decent feedback as @DB1989 can testify.

Yes, got it from from Av Shack/Zone.

Denon X1400H

Thank you all for your valuable input. I will be setting (5.1 for now) this weekend and play around a bit.
Pics, or it didn't happen

Thank you. Will surely provide the feedback in due time. Though not sure how much it will help as I dont know enough to provide decent feedback as @DB1989 can testify.

Yes, got it from from Av Shack/Zone.

A feedback with a neutral mind comparing this against your previous setup would be very beneficial, lot of people would be in a similar boat as you were before jumping the gun, so your feedback would be much more authentic than any of us :)

congrats. BTW, did you took the 806 demo unit?
No. Demo unit was sold out. Took a sealed pack unit.

A feedback with a neutral mind comparing this against your previous setup would be very beneficial, lot of people would be in a similar boat as you were before jumping the gun, so your feedback would be much more authentic than any of us :)

It is indeed a big jump from my old Blaupunkt Towers. Even though the sub is still waiting for its cable to arrive, the 5.0 setup is doing its job fine for surround. Once I get the sub running, will run the room correction thingy (Odyssey) and see if I can find any improvements. The Dolby Logo videos on youtube did make me feel like I was in a theater.

Last edited:
No. Demo unit was sold out. Took a sealed pack unit.

It is indeed a big jump from my old Blaupunkt Towers. Even though the sub is still waiting for its cable to arrive, the 5.0 setup is doing its job fine for surround. Once I get the sub running, will run the room correction thingy (Odyssey) and see if I can find any improvements. The Dolby Logo videos on youtube did make me feel like I was in a theater.

Few things you would need to experiment on post audyssey is
i) I feel sub levels gets under calibrated in audyssey might want to increase it to your liking
ii) Set crossovers around 80hz since you dont want your AVR taking the load for bass heavy scenes ( experiment with what feels best)
iii) Play around with dynamic eq and dynamic volume as some prefer it and some dont.

Also YouTube just outputs stereo so will.not be the perfect source for Dolby videos. Since you have a LG C9 , download the dolby app and play videos from there. Leaf and amaze mp4 videos are also available for download on Dolby website for local playback

Denon X1400H

Congratulations

Denon X1400H

Congrats, how much did the total setup cost?

Back